Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

2019-20 Season Recap Spectacular

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by Efawcett7, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Efawcett7

Efawcett7 Eric Fawcett VIP Member GC Columnist

Oct 7, 2014
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    • Like Like x 3
  2. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    Fantastic
    A really cool idea. Thanks for letting me be a small part.

3. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    How did the hurricane game close Burrito brothers? Lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    TBH - I rarely read the feature stories here on our beloved site. This one, however, really caught my interest. Great concept, extraordinary resources, and compelling questions. Our boy @akaGatorhoops had a great response, too. Well done, Eric!

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Very cool article. AkA had a perfect answer and I really thought @nickdelatorre 's response was insightful

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Very creative approach. Nice encapsulation.
    Almost like a panel discussion for a podcast. Would be neat for other contributors to also weigh-in on the other questions, too, like in a panel discussion.

what determined who got which question?

• Like Like x 1
  7. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    We are living in the #cancelled culture for many things. So his answer does fit!

8. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    @Efawcett7 Eric, I want to thank you for your reports this year. They have all been great and on-point. Glad you are a Gator!

• Like Like x 1
  9. GratefulGator

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    Good question. If I were doing the questioning, I would have submitted 2-3 questions per "expert" and then compiling the best answers. Not sure if that was the methodology that @Efawcett7 used.

10. GratefulGator

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    What I'd like to see from Coach Mike and the UF Basketball Team in 20-21:
    a) Coach MW being more of a vocal leader on the sideline, actively arguing with the refs and generally showing more emotion on the sidelines
    b) Coach MW developing a standard Offense and Defense and then adjusting and game planning the team based on the opponents.
    c) Coach MW being more animated on the sidelines and fired up/ please God CMW, display more emotions on the sidelines during the game to get our GatorBoyz fired up!

11. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    This notion that bench histrionics equals wins has no quantitative support. Can anyone provide real data? Yes, Cal got a T in our last game. How much of the final result was because of what they did and how much because of how we played?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Matherly87

Matherly87 VIP Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    That is an interesting read with a different spin. I would like to have heard questions from more people in the business like a scout or two, maybe another HS coach, perhaps a previous player that could reflect from their experience, and maybe a broadcaster. It was very interested what Coach KB had to say. Seems like his door is still open at least, which is a good thing. My question would have been if you sensed any internal issues with the team since they never seemed to connect and perhaps caused much of the inconsistent play? I never heard much talk of anything but with a new GT member trying to be a leader up against 3 returning sophomore starters, also mixing with so many talented freshmen trying to find their spot, I'm wondering what may come. Contrast that against our football team and baseball team both coming together, it seemed these basketball players, game in and game out, were just that, players but not a team.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Efawcett7

Oct 7, 2014
    I just came up with one for each person, some were definitely targeted towards a person's particular knowledge in an area but it wasn't a particularly scientific approach

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Efawcett7

Oct 7, 2014
    To get so many of these people involved I wanted to make things as easy as possible for them with as little of a time commitment as possible, so I just gave them all the one question each

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1