Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2019. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ WR Mycah Pittman 6-0 185 Calabasus, West Lake, CA

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gatorplank, Jul 29, 2017.

1. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Finally looked at Pittman's HUDL clips. Damn? Especially impressed with his sophomore clips. I wonder how fast he is. Looks very dangerous returning kickoffs. He's getting serious separation on his routes. His QB sure can sling it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Hall of Fame

Apr 29, 2007
    E974833E-FB84-4102-8429-8E8DABEACCBF.jpeg

3. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  4. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Hall of Fame

Apr 29, 2007
    0B71D235-047C-4058-81BD-3632ED804CC7.jpeg Hmm

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    DC area
    I saw that elsewhere.....and I've gotta say, I have NO problem w/ it. Not sure why someone thinks that's an unusual "recruiting strategy". And anyone who's watched our WR's the last few years knows there's a wide open competition at that position. Now, in 2019 the starters may be locked in...but in CFB, WR is a position that rotates a lot. And honestly, UF isn't going to be passing the ball 30+ times a game anyway (at least not w/ Dan Mullen as the OC).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. g8rboy

g8rboy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Spring Hill, FL
    It's actually genius. He doesn't mention who doesn't have it in the head. So, whether you get Pittman or not, the current group knows they need to study more.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The mental aspect as much as anything is often not considered at the WR position. How many times do you see a WR in the wrong place. Two guys next to each other, reading a blitz and going to a quick route. Understanding what the safety's are doing. Some guys made a living out of being smarter than a more gifted team-mate. I also think many times QBs get picked due to wr's not understanding the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Steve largent,Charlie joiner,Wes Weller and to an extent Jerry Rice. All the prototypical talent in the world means nothing if you don't execute. First three guys took abrrsge nfl skillset to be great receivers. Jerry is the goat yet didn't have the skillset of many of the greats. Hard work and attention to detail is many times overlooked.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. username

username Junior

Aug 17, 2017
    When does he commit? I know its soon but does anybody have a set date?

10. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    First or second week of July. His announcement video is already completed.

11. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    For no reason at all I’m guessing ducks but we have an equal shot I think

12. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't know one way or another anymore but in his most recent article Pittman was raving about how cristobal has connections to Bama and how Pittman thinks that's awesome...And Oregon has talked to him EVERY SINGLE morning and he loves that. If UF isn't doing that, then WhyTF not?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    There’s the part where they can go to the playoff playing all girl schools too

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. SwampBrody

SwampBrody All American

Nov 13, 2008
    Just read the comments from the MSU posters on the SEC rant about his recruiting.
    I’m hoping they are wrong!

15. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Saw that thread. Again, this was never going to be a one year fix. Unless a kid's family already had ties to UF, there isn't an 18 year old who knows UF as anything more than a mediocre program that has been in constant turmoil. Not what we want to hear, but getting guys like Pittman to even show serious interest is progress at this stage.

It's going to take multiple successful campaigns to turn that around. Mullen is going to have to coach his way to recruiting success, and he's going to need time to do it. That's just the reality of this current situation.

I'm an idiot for being surprised by this, but it's too bad many UF supporters have so quickly pushed the panic button and are more than happy to actively perpetuate the myth that Mullen is a poor recruiter. Even before the first fall practice of year one.

There are many relationships to build and the stench of a decade of failure to eradicate. UF, as we see it, isn't remotely what the recruits perceive. We really won't have any handle on where Mullen's ceiling is as recruiter for at least 24 months, and none of the extra hand-wringing and noise does anything to help that outcome.

Good news is it looks like we have the players to step up to competence on the field quickly. Mullen is going to need to make that a reality before we worry about him becoming an elite recruiter, and it's hard to argue he doesn't have those coaching chops.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Word is that Pittman is leaning heavily to Oregon right now.

17. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    If the deciding factor is the receiver depth chart as he says, I'm skeptical. There's a lot of uncertainty with our WR depth chart and how we'll use them for the 2019 season - who will be here (VJ and Cleveland might be gone), who's going to get them the ball, how productive our WR group is this year, and who shows they can play (Grimes, Copeland, Toney, Hammond, Watkins, etc). I hope he comes, but if Dan can figure out how to make the offense go we'll have plenty of WRs in 2019 to take advantage.

18. lizardbreath

lizardbreath All American

Aug 30, 2017
    All the hand wringing seems, to me at least, to be somewhat premature. As others before me have already said, the product DM puts on the field this season will likely have more impact on the recruiting trail than any other single factor. My approach is to stay calm, be patient. Incidentally, I saw where all of our 2018 recruits have apparently qualified, including the 4* TE JUCO that come aboard recently. Just curious, but how does that stack up to the final tally in Tally? FSU was apparently looking at some non-qualifiers, which would presumably have an impact on their 2018 class racking. Perhaps CaptUSMCNole could tell us what his sources can reveal on that subject.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  19. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Cue @The_Graygator. He's our resident tally follower. I'm sure he has some nice things to say about fsu non qualifiers.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

To be honest, I don't follow their recruiting much anymore since the Winston Rape Scandal. I think they had 2 or 3 non-quallies. One might not ever make it in, but that's about all I've heard.

But it's an interesting question... considering we had a higher top 10 star rating than fsu in recruiting this year and was only about 2 spots behind them in overall recruiting ranking I think? We've since added Krull and a another transfer I believe?

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1