Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

2018 Movies

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by citygator, Apr 25, 2018.

1. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Just saw The Predator. Good summer flick if you like SciFi nonsense. I do. Had a funny vibe with some good action. I read someone disparagingly write it was Ateam vs the Predator. Kind of was but just worked for me.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Watched "Won't You Be My Neighbor" on the flight home from Starkville. Excellent movie. Very inspiring.

Mr. Rogers was Tebow before Tebow was born. There aren't many like him and the world could use more Mr. Rogers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. GATORAJE

GATORAJE GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    Luling, Louisiana
    I am eager to see HALLOWEEN 2018. Should be a good one, and finally a true sequel to the original 1978 classic.

4. ArtVandelay

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    I haven't watched any of the Halloweens in probably 20+ years, but the trailer for this movie looks awesome!

Let me know how it is.

5. outbackjack

outbackjack Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I cried, and so did many others as I witnessed as they left the theater.

Good call on Tebow.

Not in sports, but in ability to have people just desire to follow him.

6. anstro76

anstro76 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 14, 2008
    St.Petersburg
    Going to First Man before work tomorrow. I love movies about NASA. The Right Stuff is my favorite movie of all time so I'm excited.

7. GATORAJE

GATORAJE GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    Luling, Louisiana
    Will do, Art, but I don't want to be a "spoiler alert" ;)

8. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    @ArtVandelay better get the movie binges in now . . . wife and kids in the future!
    The casual, multi-movie afternoons are nearly over.

And before any of you say I am not a good friend . . . I tried talking him out of this! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ArtVandelay

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    I will still go see movies as often as I do now, which isn't that often.

10. Allanon

Allanon VIP Member

Jan 30, 2010
    My sons and I saw Venom yesterday. Another movie that shows why we shouldn’t listen to movie critics. The last I saw the critics had it at 31% on Rotten Tomatoes. Audiences had it at 89. Tom Hardy was awesome. We really liked it. The way they did it it actually works with it not being in the Spider-Man Universe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Binge watching the Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. Damn good adaptation of the Shirley Jackson novel and 1963 movie.
    Using a family instead of strangers. And then moving from present day to flashbacks as kids in the house: very complicated, yet compelling.

12. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Ok. I might be in the minority but I liked this movie. It’s kind of like a Mission Impissible movie in that most people have no idea what is going on or why people are doing things but it’s still entertaining. I liked the main 4 characters from the last movie and the 3D was pretty impressive if you see it that way.

975DDC40-45B3-4592-AC46-427396C15242.jpeg

13. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Saw The Green Book last weekend. Not brilliant but very satisfying and enlightening. Finally got around to watching Black Panther on ppv. Loved it. So many 2018 movies to catch up on. My wife and son just weren't in the mood to see action films in the theater this year and I don't like going alone. Miss having my daughter around to watch movies with. Still haven't seen The Last Jedi or Ready Player One.

14. g8trdave

g8trdave It's Great to Be a Florida Gator!!! VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Yes, I thought Venom was very good. It has some redeeming qualities, and is kind of a good story of developing friendship across two very different cultures.

15. g8trdave

g8trdave It's Great to Be a Florida Gator!!! VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lawrenceville, GA
    I did not see it (yet), but my wife and son saw Creed yesterday and said it was great. My wife, who is 49, loves the early Rocky movies and said this was as good as any of them. I personally think the first one is still the best one, so I'm excited to see it and see how Creed stacks up to Rocky.

16. ArtVandelay

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Might need to change the title to 2019, but wanted to talk about the movies I recently saw:

Us - Follow up film from Jordan Peele. Not as good as Get Out, but it was pretty messed up with some twists and turns. Entertaining.

Longshot - Pretty funny movie and standard Seth Rogen. Good for some laughs. Worth seeing.

Booksmart - Directorial Debut for Olivia Wilde and she is off to a good start. It was very funny and had a good story-line. Think Superbad meets Eighth Grade.

Brightburn - Not really an original idea and it was pretty gory, but I was entertained. Won't give spoilers, but its worth a watch.

Perfection - Watched this on Netflix. Really twisted movie but strangely entertaining. Not sure how to explain it but I would recommend.

17. ArtVandelay

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Saw "Ma" today. I really liked it. I am not a huge Olivia Spencer fan, but she was really good in this movie. Interesting backstory. Pretty messed up. Seems like a theme of movies I have seen lately. I recommend it.

Watched "Murder Mystery" on Netflix. It was entertaining and funny. I'm a big fan of Adam Sandler, but about 10 years ago, his acting really took a sharp turn the wrong way. I still like watching his stuff and Jennifer Aniston is always worth watching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mh2os

mh2os VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Grapevine, TX
    The Upside is a great movie. Bryan Cranston plays a quadriplegic billionaire and Kevin Hart is hired to be his personal assistant.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Allanon

Allanon VIP Member

Jan 30, 2010
    We went to see the new Men in Black movie. It was much better than what critics have said. We rarely agree with critics.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ArtVandelay

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Saw Rocketman last night. Very entertaining and well done. Great acting. Great music (if you like Elton. If you don't, I am not sure why you would watch it). I would put this on par with Bohemian Rhapsody. Great story. Very sad to see what he went through, but a feel good story that he was able to fight through and become one of the most famous people in the world. Definitely recommend.

• Like Like x 1