Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2018 GC Charity Golf Outing

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by unclenunzio, Jan 13, 2018.

1. unclenunzio

unclenunzio HEAVY-HANDED OPPRESSOR, CEMENT SHOE MAKER Moderator VIP Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Sunday, April 15, 2018
    10:00AM

Meadowbrook Golf Club
    3200 NW 98th Street
    Gainesville, FLA 32606

Thanks to our own @cmarcum for allowing us to golf at his club.
    Make checks payable to:

Gville Golf, LLC. In the memo portion, put GC Golf or GC Hole Sponsor. Cash accepted on day of outing for late entries.

Hole sponsorship is $100. All hole sponsorship goes to the charity.

$200 per foursome. Included in cost is one sandwich, chips, and non-alcoholic drink per person.

We will need volunteers who do not wish to golf to man/woman the beer coolers on the course and other golf help. @persuader and @grayg8rstevo have "volunteered" to be our beer wenches in the cart.

Every golfer puts in $20 for the winners' jar... money split between 1st and 2nd place teams.

We will have another jar for a charity that we can choose. (Donation solely up to the golfer) We will have a super ticket which puts you in the on-course events.. Straightest drive, longest putt, closest to the pin on a par 3. Will also be selling "gimmes" on putts 5 feet or less.

*Make your own foursomes, extra/single players will be put on a team.

*If anyone has any contacts with former players/coaches, maybe have some of them golf.

Have a get together at Gainesville Ale House after the OB Debut on Saturday.

If anyone has any other ideas on what I should/could/ like me to do, put it in here.

Hope to see you all.

• Like Like x 3
  2. grayg8rstevo

grayg8rstevo VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Beer wenches, huh?
    We will see about that.
    We have the Jack Elam proctological examination handbook from Cannonball run.
    Don't worry. Prostate exams will be done with a pine cone. A Florida pine cone.
    Depends upon the vibes we get from our macho customers.
    Ale house get together after the big spring game sounds like a winner. Be there or be square. Seriously gang...show up for that. We can use MARK MILLER in the anchor position at the bar.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Scramble event?

4. unclenunzio

Nov 26, 2016
    Yup.

• Like Like x 1
  5. unclenunzio

Nov 26, 2016
    I've been working on my sand game...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. unclenunzio

Nov 26, 2016
    Looking forward to meeting my Gator Brethren. And sisters as well. ;)

7. Kirby

Kirby GC Hall of Fame

Sep 14, 2009
    Rocket City
    I have done similar fun tournaments and have a few suggestions to add to the fun.

- on a hole, put a pair of dice on the tee. Each player rolls and has to play the number rolled club tee to green. If they roll a 1, 2, or 3, it's the corresponding wood/metal. 4-9 the corresponding iron iron, 10 is PW, 11 is SW, 12 is player's choice.

- place a right and left handed club on a tee (preferred club is 3-4 iron). Have each player tee off opposite handed. The laughs by the others will be tremendous.

- Give each player 36" of string. They can cut off lengths to improve lies and/or make gimme putts good. When they run out of string, they are done.

- Pick one green and stake several moon pies (using toothpicks) randomly around the green. Players will have to putt around them like bumper pool.

- Give each player a small ball (tennis ball size). They get 3 throws/rolls to improve their lie anywhere on the course, including off the tee and/or on the green.

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Kirby

Kirby GC Hall of Fame

Sep 14, 2009
    Rocket City
    A couple more things I remembered.

- Tie a length of string on a flag (5-7 feet) on a par 3. If the tee shot ends up inside the radius, count it as a hole in one.

- On a hole, all tee off. Select the best drive. That person drops out and the next three hit. Select the best second shot and that person drops out. The two remaining hit and select the best shot. The last person remaining plays out until they sink the putt. Team score is the total.

- I am an Army civilian and have played with soldiers before. On one hole, we had to do 10 push ups on the tee, yell "Hooah" (Google it for non-Army folks) and then tee off within 30 seconds. If not, a 2 stroke penalty. Try it some time. Your arms fell like Jello when you go to hit.

9. wrpgator

wrpgator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2013
    Speaking of Jello...reminds me of a Gator Gathering tournament we had at Gateway in Ft Myers years ago. Hooter Girls in full regalia were deployed to the refreshment carts. Unofficially of course, there was a 'fund raiser' event whereby any golfer willing to part with $20 was authorized to consume a Jello shot from the cleavage of the enterprising Hooter Babes.
    Sadly, I have no pictures of this very successful fund raiser.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. unclenunzio

Nov 26, 2016
    Plenty of good ideas.

Any of y'all plan on golfing with us? Would like to meet you.

11. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    sign-up the day of tourney?
    shot gun start? what time.
    if I show, i'll likely need to be placed in a foursome....

12. LabraGator

LabraGator All American

Aug 15, 2012
    I've got these same questions, and would also need to be placed in a "fore"some.

13. jewood592

jewood592 VIP Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Orlando
    Can’t be too safe these days. :)

14. jewood592

jewood592 VIP Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Orlando

Kevin we’ve gotta use the one above. That will be awesome!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. unclenunzio

Nov 26, 2016
    Oh, you will be placed with a team...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
  16. unclenunzio

Nov 26, 2016
    Logo balls have arrived for the outing. Still time to join the festivities.

17. GatorStu1

GatorStu1 Junior

May 9, 2015
    If anyone from Gator Country is still "on the fence" about whether to participate in this event let me put my 2 cents in by stating that I believe you will really enjoy this golf course. My wife and I have lived in Meadowbrook for a year and a half and Chris and his crew have done a fantastic job getting this course ready. While allot of Florida golf courses are flat, each and every fairway here has numerous hills and valleys on it and the greens are extremely difficult because of their undulating (I do love that word) terrain. Scott and his guys have also gotten both the greens and fairways bright green in color so it really looks sharp. Trust me, before Scott took over the course was unplayable and looked lousy, today it looks great. I honestly think if you want an enjoyable and challenging 18 holes of golf you could not pick a better place than Meadowbrook. Go Gators!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. unclenunzio

Nov 26, 2016
    So, you are in?!?!?!? :)

19. GatorStu1

GatorStu1 Junior

May 9, 2015
    Sorry, but no. I had Cervical Disk Surgery around 15 years ago and the Neurosurgeon that did the operation said playing golf (grounding the club) and/or tennis could really do damage to my spine................. Besides when I did play I was terrible................ I do hope you have a great turnout and everyone has fun!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. unclenunzio

Nov 26, 2016
    4/15/18, 10:00AM start...shotgun start. We will find a team for you...if you are a ringer, you'll be on my team. ;)

• Like Like x 1