Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2018 - Dec. 29. FINAL - #10. Florida Gators 41. #7. Michigan Wolverines 15.

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by RayGator, Nov 26, 2018.

1. gatorlaxn

gatorlaxn Senior

Aug 28, 2014
    Atlanta Ga
    Go Gators!!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  2. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou

• Like Like x 1
  3. RayGator

RayGator Administrator Emeritus Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    End of the 1st Qtr.

Wisconsin. 14.

UMiami. 3.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Florida bowl trivia — Day 2
    Gvl Sun By Pat Dooley
    GATORS’ BOWL
    PART 1 — TRIVIAL PURSUIT

1. Prior to the 1980 Tangerine Bowl, Florida players were invited to the home of a prominent Orlando resident who told the eventual MVP of the bowl game he was rooting for the Gators’ opponent. Who was the celebrity and who was the MVP?
    2. What was the longest passing touchdown in Florida’s bowl history?

3. The last game of Steve Spurrier’s coaching career and the last game of Tim Tebow’s playing career had something in common other than they were both wins for the Gators. What was significant about 659?

PART 2 — WHO AM I?
    Florida bowl trivia — Day 2 - GatorSports.com

5. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Peach Bowl notebook: Redshirt decision reason Clayton has seen little action
    Gvl Sun By Robbie Andreu
    ATLANTA — The plight of Florida junior defensive end Antonneous Clayton has been somewhat of a mystery in 2018. After talking about having a breakout season back in August, the former elite recruit pretty much disappeared this fall.

He played in the first two games, then didn’t see the field again until the Idaho game.

But, there’s actually no mystery at all surrounding Clayton’s perceived disappearing act.
    As it turns out, he played in only three games because he’s redshirting this season. He’ll be a redshirt junior next season, where he is expected to compete for a possible starting role.

Peach Bowl notebook: Redshirt decision reason Clayton has seen little action - GatorSports.com

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Peach Bowl players speak highly of ‘Uncle Mac’
    Gvl Sun By Pat Dooley
    ATLANTA — When the two teams met 16 months ago, he was the head coach at Florida.

A month ago, he was an assistant coach at Michigan.

This Peach Bowl has a huge connection with a coach who won’t be here on either side Saturday.
    Jim McElwain is now the head coach at Central Michigan, but his combined knowledge of these two teams might exceed every one coaching in the game.

At Thursday’s media opportunity, Michigan players spoke highly of their former coach.

Peach Bowl players speak highly of 'Uncle Mac' - GatorSports.com

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Florida freshmen emerging through extra practices
    Gvl Sun By Robbie Andreu
    ATLANTA — Along with being a reward for a successful season, a bowl game also provides an opportunity for some of the younger players to accelerate their development through the extra practices and reps.

In regards to Florida, the Gators have multiple young players who apparently have benefited from the extended season and appear on the cusp of emerging as potential impact players in the near future.

“We’ve got a lot of great young guys that are going to come in and continue to progress and contribute in the spring and next season,” junior linebacker David Reese said. “It’s great for them to get the experience and get used to taking reps and getting ready to play in a game.”

Florida freshmen emerging through extra practices - GatorSports.com

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. BurnKarma

BurnKarma All American

Apr 16, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Copeland appears to be getting a good number of reps in bowl practice. Over/Under on number of touches in the Peach Bowl?

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Florida Gators Blog
    UF WR Van Jefferson, Michigan QB Shea Patterson reunite in Chick-fil-A Bowl
    Edgar Thompson Sentinel Sports
    Florida receiver Van Jefferson and Michigan quarterback Shea Patterson were teammates at Ole Miss, and nearly again in Ann Arbor. This week, two close friends find themselves on opposite sides during the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl. “When they announced that we were playing in the bowl game, he called...

UF WR Van Jefferson, Michigan QB Shea Patterson reunite in Chick-fil-A Bowl

Dooley: Former teammates reunite in Atlanta
    By Gvl Sun Pat Dooley
    ATLANTA — At the Wednesday night Peach Bowl function, two former teammates were on different floors at the College Football Hall of Fame.

Shea Patterson, on the second floor, kept texting Van Jefferson on the first floor, “giving him crap and then watching him laugh and look around to see where I was.”

They are both here in a surreal coincidence, two players by way of Oxford, Miss., playing in a bowl game against each other in part because they couldn’t play in one where they started their college careers.'''

Dooley: Former teammates reunite in Atlanta - GatorSports.com

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
  11. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    [​IMG]

12. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    So where are the other 33 pages?since that entertaining thread is locked will they not be merged?

13. Is it game time yet?

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. AlumofUF

AlumofUF Senior

Feb 1, 2012
    Getting ready to hit the road to Atlanta.....can't wait to get in the stadium. Go Gators!!!

• Like Like x 2
  15. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Reese Eyes Win Over Wolverines to Launch a Healthy 2019
    UF Scott Carter / Senior Writer
    Gators linebacker David Reese is ready to put losing to Michigan and a season-long ankle injury behind him.

ATLANTA – Chauncey Gardner-Johnson recalled Thursday the first time he met teammate David Reese, a Michigan native who like Gardner-Johnson, joined the Gators in January 2016 as a mid-year enrollee.

Gardner-Johnson, a Florida kid who grew up in Cocoa, was a marquee signee that year along with other notable early enrollees such as quarterback Feleipe Franks, kicker Eddy Pineiro and transfers Mark Thompson and Dre Massey.

Gardner-Johnson was reared in the land of flip flops, Bermuda shorts and sun screen. A relative unknown to Gators fans at the time, Reese was not.

Reese Eyes Win Over Wolverines to Launch a Healthy 2019 - Florida Gators

• Like Like x 1
  16. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Gator Tales 153: Peach Bowl Preview, Christian Robinson & More
    UAA Communications

Check out our latest Gator Tales podcast as we preview the Peach Bowl and host Adam Schick chats with assistant coach Christian Robinson.
    On this week's show, host Adam Schick chats with linebackers coach Christian Robinson about being the youngest member of the coaching staff and how his Atlanta roots make this game particularly special (1:12).

Gator Tales 153: Peach Bowl Preview, Christian Robinson & More - Florida Gators

17. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    Need to come out swinging tomorrow. I honestly don't mind a loss, if it's a hard fought 24-21, or 31-28 type score with the Gators playing sound football and just being unable to hang with a higher ranked team for 4 quarters.

But I'm not gonna accept a "Mac" type loss where we screw up in every facet of the game and just hand Meatchicken the game in the 1st half

18. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I see no reason to expect a Mac type loss from this coach or from this team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Andreu’s Analysis: A tough season (for me)
    gvl sun By Robbie Andreu
    While the Gators celebrate their turnaround season, I’m continue to suffer through one of my own.

Through 12 games, I’m 6-6 with my predictions of Florida games. Like the HBC might say, that’s a lousy record. Shoot, I’m barely bowl eligible. So, yes, I’ve been way off my game this season.

Given that record, I know what you’re thinking: pick Michigan. Because if I pick Michigan, Florida will probably win. Just like the Gators did when I picked LSU and FSU and so on and so forth.
    So, what the heck, I’ll make everybody’s day and

Andreu's Analysis: A tough season (for me) - GatorSports.com

Swampcast: Previewing the Peach Bowl
    By Pat Dooley gvl sun
    Pat Dooley and Robbie Andreu talk about Florida vs. Michigan following the coaches’ press conference in Atlanta.
    Swampcast: Previewing the Peach Bowl - GatorSports.com

Swampcast: Previewing the Peach Bowl - GatorSports.com

20. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Michigan adjusts to decisions by 4 to skip Peach Bowl vs. Florida
    By The Associated Press
    ATLANTA — Michigan probably will need more than one running back to replace Karan Higdon in Saturday’s Peach Bowl against Florida.

The leadership void left by Higdon’s exit may be even more difficult to fill.

“Karan was our guy, our offensive leader, and we all kind of followed him,” quarterback Shea Patterson said Thursday of Higdon, the team’s leading rusher and offensive captain.
    Higdon is one of No. 8 Michigan’s four draft-eligible players who chose to skip the Peach Bowl to begin preparations for the NFL draft. No players for No. 10 Florida have said they are bypassing the bowl game.

Michigan adjusts to decisions by 4 to skip Peach Bowl vs. Florida - GatorSports.com

Video: Five Things To Know About Peach Bowl
    By gatorsports

Video: Five Things To Know About Peach Bowl - GatorSports.com