Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

20 cancelled TV shows in 24 hours

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by g8orbill, May 12, 2018.

1. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
  2. LoyalGatorFan

LoyalGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah....on one hand I can admire his courage for still trying to act but you can tell it is starting to get to him...sometimes you can’t understand his dialogue because of the mumbling due to the lack of muscle control...inspiring but also sad

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LoyalGatorFan

LoyalGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It’s just like Hollywood now...no more original creative shows...it’s just spinoffs and bringing back old shows...just like movies now are either sequels, prequels, remakes or CGI....The Crossing is a new idea and it doesn’t even make it 5 episodes..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. WhattaGator

WhattaGator All Along The Watchtower Moderator VIP Member

One of the good shows that made the cut, is "The Resident", an interesting twist on medical shows.

SEAL Team is pretty good, as well.

Station 19 is turning out to be a good new fire series, and 9-1-1 is a unique twist that incorporates the dispatcher, as well as all different first responders..

I really wish that they would give "The Crossing" a fighting chance, as well as "Designated Survivor"

I mean, "Ellen's Game of Games"?... TWO "Bachelor" shows?... Actually trying to resurrect "Roseanne"?
    Between "The Voice", "American Idol", "Dancing With The Stars", "So You Think You Can Dance", and a couple of others I'm missing, well, you get the point. American Idol was the first, and a huge hit, but the mindless powers-that-be decided that we, the American TV viewing "zombie-drones", should totally enjoy multiple hours upon hours upon days of subtle variations of the same freaking thing!

What are these idiots going to replace the cancelled shows with..... more moronic drivel?

But, I digress.....

Thank God for other options! I've got a buddy, and he and his lady right now have ONLY regular TV stations.

He told me he's never been so happy to go to work! because they both go crazy trying to find something half-decent to watch.

They usually tune in to the networks secondary stations, like WESH, channel 2.1 is "Me-TV", Channel 6.1 I believe, is COZI-TV. Both stations broadcast good old shows, like Matlock, Perry Mason, Hawai'i Five-0, Twilight Zone, SOAP, All in The Family, well, you get the point!

(I get those stations on Spectrum, kinda buried between the local government channels)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    The talent shows were cheap programming but now that they are paying the judges so much I think that has gone away. Hour long dramas are being done so much better not on the silly networks. I know I think I am getting my moneys worth for my 10 bucks a month for netflix. Havent had cable in years and I dont miss it at all.

6. prayingliketebow4life

prayingliketebow4life Freshman

Sep 18, 2017
    I'm with you. Haven't had cable in years and thanks to Hulu and Netflix, I don't miss it for a second. It's cheaper than cable and I can watch as many or as few episodes of the same show as I'd like.

7. WhattaGator

I get expanded HD cable included with my rent, but I also have a Roku TV, and Netflix. I'm also getting the Amazon Fire stick, so I'll be pretty covered.

8. anstro76

anstro76 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 14, 2008
    St.Petersburg
    Are you using the Fire Stick for Kodi? If not that seems to be a bit of overkill.

9. WhattaGator

Yep, for Kodi

10. anstro76

anstro76 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 14, 2008
    St.Petersburg
    [​IMG]

11. WhattaGator

Watched the season finale of "The Resident", now that Has several great season-ending twists!

I'm glad to know that it's coming back in the fall!