Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

156,562,000: Record Employment for 12th Time Under Trump

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Nov 3, 2018.

1. flgator2

flgator2 GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    156,562,000: Record Employment for 12th Time Under Trump
    The number of employed Americans has never been higher. The 156,562,000 Americans employed in October is the twelfth record set under President Donald Trump.

In October, the number of employed men age 20 and up -- 80,405,000 -- set the 12th record since Trump took office; and likewise, for the 12th time, the number of employed women age 20 and up set a record, reaching 70,909,000 in October.

On top of those numbers, the economy added a whopping 250,000 jobs last month. After revisions, job gains have averaged 218,000 over the past 3 months.

("Wow!" Trump tweeted on Friday morning. "The U.S. added 250,000 Jobs in October - and this was despite the hurricanes. Unemployment at 3.7%. Wages UP! These are incredible numbers. Keep it going, Vote Republican!")

It's incredible how Trump has this country booming in just 2 years. Hopefully fellow Americans well realize this and vote republican.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gatordave35

gatordave35 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bulls hit and he'll no!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    • Like Like x 2
  4. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Well, there you have it. Donnie has delivered us from that schnidt-hole Obama economic disaster and faster than anyone in the history of the world created out of thin air the greatest economy in the history of the United States, believe me, I must tell you. I can tell you that.

Seriously, that is good economic news, no question about it. But because he constantly lies, misleads, stirs schnidt up and makes schnidt up it doesn't get the props it would otherwise deserve. There are plenty of traps out there, but you'll never hear that from donnie & the sniffers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
  6. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    If the Tweeter In Chief wouldn’t lie and self-aggrandize every 10 minutes maybe he’d be viewed more favorably by more people.

But he spends so much time catering to his base, fear mongering, finder pointing blame and acting victimized himself that he makes it difficult to see good news, even when it’s staring us in the face.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Agree. Instead of ranting about the caravan of Central American migrants which he has categorized as an "invasion" coincidentally the same term used by the Pittsburgh shooter, Trump should be focusing almost entirely on the state of the economy. Although he will undoubtedly mention it, the economy still will take a backseat to the his anti-immigrant scare tactics.

• Like Like x 1
  8. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Funny memory thing just happened...wasn't very long ago that conservatives were claiming all jobs and economic reports were incorrect. So somebody please tell me how suddenly they are more truthful than ye ol Bible?

Also, please show how Trump has had anything to do with this when in fact the economy is very slow to react up or down. Might I suggest he should be thanking the previous administration for this great event? Yes he should.l

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    First, it's a good thing that so many are employed. But it appears we've been breaking employment records steadily since 2001:

[​IMG]
    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

btw, Conservative News Service, the source for the first post, was also the site that conservatives often used to point out record numbers not in the labor force. Anyone know why CNS isn't reporting that anymore?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Born on third base, thinks he hit a triple ...

There is no "great inflection point" when Trump took office.... Obama had already broken that record dozens of consecutive times prior to Trump taking office ... Seems to be just an average rate of growth we see every time the economy is not in recession.

.... now I'll let you get back to the "all hail Dear Leader, economic genius" routine.

Screenshot 2018-11-03 08.42.01.png

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Aww, there you go again, supporting your post with actual, documentable data from disinterested (unbiased) third party sources. Some folks you just can't reach as it's too hard for them to actually support a claim. To do so would take an effort to find and an intellectual ability to properly analyze such data. Not to mention, and god forbid, that the facts do not support a predetermined and biased conclusion. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. homer

homer GC Legend

Nov 2, 2015
    I’m a person who ignores talk but acknowledges actions.

Why?

Because “talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words”.

When Trump is gone, what will be remembered and placed in history will be his accomplishments wether bad or good.

Anyone who gets TDS over his big mouth is playing into his hand.

BTW. The job stuff is good news.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Spewing constant lies and BS is action. By definition.

Anyone who claims TDS is playing right into his hand. They clearly suffer from TJSS.

Do people tolerate pathological lying from their spouses? Their children? Their parents? Their siblings? Their bosses? Their employees? Their elected officials?
    OK the elected officials part is demonstrably true, they tolerate any and all forms of dooshbaggery from the pols if they like what they hear. Why do the pols get a pass where nobody else does??

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Back to the job market. It’s getting tough for employers. My corporate division has about 170 college grads to advanced degree professionals who analyze numbers for a living - basically. I’m hiring as fast as they leave for more money or benefits (like work from home) elsewhere. Only reason I’m not blowing my budget is the vacancy rate.

I feel I can count on Donald to kill this market soon though.

15. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    I can see the exact point where the job market turned around.
    Can you?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL

Hey now, don't confuse people with facts and documentation. Never let facts and truth get in the way of a perfectly good lie. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. homer

homer GC Legend

Nov 2, 2015
    I said what will be remembered will be his accomplishments wether bad or good.

You can fret over his mouth all you want.

That’s what he wants from those that disagree with him.

He feeds on it and used it to stay in the news.

His whole campaign thrived on it, and it continues today.

Discuss away, keep counting, post, post, post, and post.

We will find out for real on Tuesday if he’s hurt or helped with his big mouth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don’t know why suddenly we would stop caring about what our president says, but even if take that approach, are jobs even accomplishments of presidents? If so, sounds dangerously like “you didn’t build that.”

I think presidents have always got too much blame/credit for the economy. Bush didn’t cause the financial collapse, and Obama didn’t solve it. And Trump hasn’t done whatever we are arguing that he has here.

He did appoint two Supreme Court justices, passed a tax cut, and enacted tariffs.

19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Using the same analogy that I used in another similar thread, Trump taking credit for the current state of the economy would be similar to the situation in a football game in which a team takes possession on its own five yard line and drives 90 yards to the opponents five at which time the coach puts in a new quarterback. The new QB then pitches to a running back who takes the ball in for touchdown. At an interview following the game the replacement quarterback takes credit for engineering a 95-yard drive. Would never actually happen in the real world but that's precisely what Trump is doing.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. mutz87

mutz87 Complexified VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    I recall Trump even saying how he turned the economy around, which is nuts for what are plainly obvious, data-based reasons.

• Agree Agree x 1