Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

“Commitments” and recruiting posts

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by tmape01, Jun 20, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmape01

tmape01 Junior

Apr 18, 2007
    Gator fans, hear me out -

let’s chill with the sunshine pumping on guys who won’t even be on campus for a year at best, especially as so many on these boards get exceptionally angry when other fans here (raising my hand) complain about losing actual games on the field and recruits when it is time to actually sign the papers. for that matter, PLEASE stop cheering when these “kids” say they want to play for the good guys but then acting like you “don’t get worked up about 18-year-olds” when they flip somewhere else.

many here will crow about these “commitments” and use it as proof of their faith and then attack others when their faith is challenged by facts.

that’s called having it both ways, and if you’re gonna stand on faith don’t cry when your faith is founded on shaky ground.

we all need to see a lot more collectively on the actual field of play before we do too much celebrating, Florida may be Number One in our hearts but the Gators haven’t scared anyone in years in actual gameplay.

pride cometh before the fall, and this early mirage of recruiting pride before the Fall is freaking out the pessimists like me who have been beaten down for the last decade. let’s at least wait until ESD to talk too much smack.

• Come On Man x 17
    • Dislike x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Off-topic x 1
  2. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    Super fun at parties

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. biggynugs

biggynugs All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, fl
    I think we’re hoping to recreate the magic of 20098 or 2009, where everyone kept falling our way. Nape is here because of the process, perhaps this is the process. Just let us enjoy this moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Me being a sunshiner has zero effect on a decision, or life.

I’m going to enjoy all of this news 100%.

Best recruiting news in a decade

If you are a debbie downer or are trying to persuade me to be less excited

get lost

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    To the OP, what I think you are referencing is best described as "bi-polar". It isn't constructive and, as you know, can be irritating to the folks who are not in it. But "fan" is short for fanatic, which is also a simile to bi-polar. Personally, I try to not get so worked up over the highs, or others' highs, since what goes up always goes down. And even though recruiting has become a real "sport" like fantasy football, it is up to each of us to decide how much we want to partake. To me, it is pretty much about the off-season. Nothing tangible to discuss and focus on, so...

Where I HAVE made similar overtures is during the regular season and the supposed "progress" of our team of choice. Too many irrational highs followed by the subsequent lows seem to fuel the "Is Napier/Golden Smarter Than a First Grader?" game. And so, to me it feels like it is contagious and our recent history says it won't end well. Not that we have to keep a coach in perpetuity, but rather we spend WAY too much energy on what we are (or not) without the ability to do anything about it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. g8r925

g8r925 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 10, 2009
    Immokalee,fla
    Good grief, I used to be a glass half empty person to. Glad I’m not anymore!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    This is a joke right?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    "Guys, guys guys! Hear me out. Pump the brakes. Life still sucks. "

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  10. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Lol... What gives you the impression that anyone here wants your silly advice? This was a weak attempt to control the narrative... epic fail.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Yes, NOW you get it.

Now get back to shoveling s__t. It won't get done all by itself.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    No shit. I forgot I have to get out of bed and naildown a bunch of wood. Life still does suck. Thanks for reminding me.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He's testing the gullibility factor. I'm falling for his tripe.

15. mchess1

mchess1 Sophomore

Jan 19, 2022
    Palm Beach, Florida
    As others have noted above, I prefer to be half full guy. I am going to celebrate progress and small wins by giving virtual high fives to my fellow board members. CBN and the Army are making progress with the culture, recruiting and fans attitude. The coaches that CBN learned from, Saban and Dabo, have a record of success following those types of changes. That’s my half full glass and I’m going to celebrate.

I doubt there is anyone on the board who feels like we won a natty in the last 72 hours. But keep celebrating small wins and the fanatic in me feels like a natty is getting closer.

So high fives to all who want to celebrate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    "guys who won't be on campus for a year at best".......lol, bulk of these guys are here in 6 months Mr Knowledge.

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    The actual passage reads "Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall." Your haughty, supercilious little dissertation is the only example of actual arrogance I've seen since the avalanche of talent that fell our way over the last few days. It's moments like this in which you and others show yourselves for who you are and what you're actually about.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I’m on Cloud nine thinking these guys might kick Georgia ms ass their junior year. We are going in the right direction. Still underdogs to every decent team next year but times they are a changin.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    F that nitwit?

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    How about while you DON'T celebrate you also DON'T Comment. Then boom problem fixed. Do you not see CBN and his staff celebrating when they get commits? Shit CBN came out his seat at Spurriers restaurant during the commitment flurry, And they are getting paid 6 figures or more for their efforts whether they get one or not, we only get the satisfaction that recruiting is back on track which is what most of you numb nuts have been bitching was wrong with the program. So the minute the moment that looks like it's taking a turn you move the goal posts and bitch some more?

Y'all have NO problem calling the staff out for a percieved "Whiff" or say a rival came into our "backyard" and took a hometown kid but cringe when we grab one from theirs?

You talk about we have to win the games but also say we need the talent level to do it against the likes of the other SEC teams and when that starts happening you tell us to not get excited.

What it boils down tonis some of yall hate being wrong while we dont care to be wrong but also love being happy when the time calls for it.

You wrote a shit ton just to say you don't like following recruiting.

Go back to bed grouch.

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.