Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

“Animal House” Four decades later, The Register-Guard goes back to college — Faber College.

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by gatorjjh, Aug 9, 2018.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    “Animal House”
    Four decades later

Filming the cult classic movie, which created a whole genre of gross-out comedy, took place in Eugene less than a year before its summer 1978 release. Four decades later, The Register-Guard goes back to college — Faber College.

The movie is set in 1962 and follows the exploits of Delta House, a fraternity of misfits — one of them played by John Belushi, who's also no longer with us — who battle the dean of fictional Faber College. Director John Landis filmed it in the fall of 1977 and released it in the summer of 1978. Anyone familiar with the UO, Eugene and Cottage Grove will immediately recognize locations throughout the 109-minute movie.

During UO tours, guides often point out "Animal House" landmarks, said Micah Howe, the university's assistant director of visit programs. Johnson Hall, an administration building that's home to the UO president's office, is where mischievous fraternity members sneak a horse into the dean's office. The Fishbowl, the Erb Memorial Union's distinctive cafeteria, is the site of the movie's infamous food fight scene.

“Animal House” 40 years later | The Register-Guard

• Like Like x 4
  2. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I saw this movie in HS, it convinced me I needed to go to college.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Love the movie, think I saw it in the theater.

But I kind of take issue with calling it a cult classic. It was successful in its initial run, in today’s dollars it has cleared $450 million worldwide.