Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. ATTENTION VIP MEMBERS: Your favorite full color wall calendar with Gator sports schedules is on the way to you in the mail! Expect it in a week or two at most. Questions? Ask here.

‘The View’ star Joy Behar mocks Mike Pence’s Christian faith: ‘That’s called mental illness’

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by NOLAGATOR, Feb 14, 2018.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator with bulletproof posts! Moderator VIP Member

I am making no points about folks here. I was speaking, from the start, about her employers. I have literally no issues with anyone here, and agree there are good sports on both sides.

2. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    I must have missed Fox calling following Islam a "mental illness."

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mulegator

mulegator Neanderthal Ninja Vigilante Moderator VIP Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Tallahassee
    Look how people with traditional American Judeo-Christian values are treated by the left, the Democratic party, Hollywood, academia and the mainstream media. Conservative Christians and Jews are usually labeled and portrayed as close-minded, ignorant, uneducated, backward, bigoted, racist, misogynistic and hateful. If you believe in God, in Jesus, in the Bible, and if you support traditional human sexuality, relationships and family you are a dinosaur -- according to the above groups.

[​IMG]

"Television enables you to be entertained in your home by people you wouldn't have in your home." - David Frost

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    The thread I apologized for posting in was someone just stating what he believed in. I posted in that and I regretted this. This thread is about an odious person(Behar) criticising another odious person(Pence) or atleast that is how it started.

Behar and Pence are fair game and open to criticism. A poster on this board is not. He nade a declaration of his faith and no matter where it led that was the start of the thread.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  6. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    To go further with how I differ. I believe that we are in the last days of the relifious being a majority in this country. If you look at the numbers it will soon be only the aged who are true believers. I feel that these next 20 years while the believers try to hold onto their privilidged position will be fairly treacherous. A golden age is at hand. We just have to wade thru the muck till it arrives.

7. mulegator

mulegator Neanderthal Ninja Vigilante Moderator VIP Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Tallahassee
    But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
    2 Timothy 3 New International Version (NIV)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    And we elected the personification of this warning as our POTUS.

Sad days.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. tilly

Here's the thing. As long as believers are having kids this wont go away. And you realize thousands are converted to the faith daily?

But again...you border on insulting with every post and I dont understand. As I have said before, my assumption is the church failed you at some point.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    A golden age of child sacrifice at epic proportions. The US actually might be more religious than it's ever been before. The US government is the biggest cult in world history.

11. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    Look at the numbers. Children arent taking the indoctrination like they used to. Their are countries in Europe where the faithful amongst the young is almost 0. The US will take longer to throw off our superstitions but it will happen.

12. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville
    Some members of the Left do indeed regard and label those you list as "close-minded, ignorant, uneducated, backward, bigoted, racist, misogynistic and hateful." But not all. And it's as unfair and inaccurate to make those charges of the entire Left as it is for the Left to slap those labels onto Conservative Christians and Jews.

John Pavlovitz, pastor of a church in Raleigh, NC, is a progressive / liberal Christian and as such some Christians will immediately reject out of hand what he thinks, writes, and says. Some of what he writes I don't agree with, but he makes valid points. A limited few here, from his website. https://johnpavlovitz.com/2016/05/26/dear-offended-christian-from-a-very-tired-christian/ Click link to read entire letter.

Dear Offended Christian,

I’m terribly sorry that your feelings are hurt again. I feel badly about that. None of us likes to be criticized, so I totally get it. I know I’ve said some pretty hard words to you recently, and maybe I’ve been somewhat less than “cheery” in my delivery, but that happens when you’re tired.

And I am really tired:
    I’m tired of hearing you telling gay people that they can’t simultaneously be both gay and Christian. ...

<.......................................................................................................................................>

I’m tired of a Church which seems to be so ambivalent toward the teachings and example of Jesus.
    I’m tired of a Christianity that is making me more and more embarrassed to be associated with it.

So I get that your feelings are hurt. I understand that you’re offended, and that’s not my intention.
    But listen, if you’re going to tell a group of people that they’re going to Hell simply for existing, and you’re going to continually target those people through the Church and the Law and your social media accounts, don’t get angry with me when I tell you you’re being hateful and judgmental and ignorant.

It could be worse.
    At least I’m not damning you for all eternity.

Sincerely,
    A Very Tired Christian

How true. How many of us watch things on television we would be embarrassed to admit in certain circles. More than a few, no doubt. Are we hypocrites if we condemn the decay of our country's moral fabric while we continue to watch this programming?

• Like Like x 2
  13. tilly

Yet islam is spreading like wildfire throughout Europe in some cases.

14. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Were the alternatives really much different?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If you are talking just the big two nominees, you could argue differences, but they both had too many of the characteristics from that passage.

There were candidates on both sides who were much better people and IMO also better for the country both policy wise and temperament wise, but they didn't make it through the nomination process.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    How is this different that the political correctness that so many conservatives rail against?> Someone said something that offends you and you claim that it simply shouldn't be allowed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. tilly

Who is claiming it should not be allowed? Of course it is allowed constitutionally, but employees get fired for their words all the time. That is (and should be) an employers right. I supported ESPN's decision to fire Rush. He crossed a line and did it on purpose. But so did Behar. All I am saying is that their is often hypocrisy in these things.

Heck, I support their right to NOT fire her, but maintain my right to call it hypocrisy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    So, you suppose making a joke about a the vice president's religion t(hat he wears on his sleeve for political purposes) is the same thing as arguing with all sincerity that one of the few successful black QBs was only starting because of some kind of NFL affirmative action program?

You really honestly think that's the same thing?

• Like Like x 1
  19. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    the first post on the thread:

• Like Like x 1
  20. tilly

I love how this has evolved into a "joke". You no more know she is joking than you "know" that Pence only wears his religion on his sleeve for political gain. Pence was a outspoken believer far before he was nominated for VP.

• Winner Winner x 1