Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

‘I Feel Sorry for Americans’

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by l_boy, Sep 25, 2020.

1. l_boy

l_boy GC Legend

Jan 6, 2009
    So well articulated. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Why, you're ok with second generation fraudulent RE developers? How may thousands of files have you been personally and professionally involved in? When one sees the damage done to real people because of it maybe someone actually cares. Currently we don't have that in the very White House.
    How so many people refuse to recognize this is disturbing to say the least.

3. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Why are you arguing with yourself?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I've been working with clients from all over the world the past 15 years. Canada, Norway, England, to name the most relevant. This is what I've been told, before Trumpy came to be:

You guys work like dogs without enough time off
    Teachers get paid more than attorneys in our country
    Your lifestyle here is so unhealthy, no time to take care of yourself and then your doctor bills can bankrupt you
    I (new dad) have off the next 12 months to spend time with our baby, so we'll be back soon.

Lunch with a Realtor friend from Norway, I told her she needed to start investing for her retirement. Her words: " I am from Norway. I'll retire on 80% of my highest year and I'll have free healthcare the rest of my life".

Now we have a president who is trying his damndest to make it worse. Working hard to get rid of the ACA because he hates Obama. That's all you need to know about his character
    I've worked with clients from the UK for years, amongst other countries, and this is very typical. In addition, I've been asked why we put up with working ourselves to death only to go bankrupt because of health costs. Oh, and then we have a good portion of our population who suffer in old age. THIS is what I have been hearing over and over. I think we can do better

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  5. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You take gospel an opinion piece? Apparently the writer needs to lookup the word, "felled", because the virus has done nothing like that. Last I read, the US has just 2% of its population hit with the virus. The number of deaths is just .008% of the overall population. If you define felled based on the number of fans at an NFL game, then yes, we are felled.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    On the contrary, the UK is getting out before the EU dies off taking all of the member states with it. When you look at the debt of the EU states, it makes ours look pretty damn good. There are 6 nations in the EU that will need a bailout of biblical proportions and the fact is there's nothing the EU can do to save those nations. Italy is about to collapse and they are expecting the EU save them but they can't. Nor Spain, Portugal, Greece. Denmark sold the next 7 years worth of GDP to pay for 10 weeks of stimulus. Germany is expected to front most of the EU stimulus yet they can't.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. 108

108 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    NYC
    Worse than being ignorant, is reveling in it..

The Trump cult specializes in it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Because the other version of himself was out of line. I'm glad he stood up for himself and refused to be bullied. And I'm waiting to see what he will say next. :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. mutz87

mutz87 #nowaytospinit VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    The cheese is slipping from knight's cracker :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. mutz87

mutz87 #nowaytospinit VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Legend

May 30, 2007
    I would bet if you gave anyone there, automatic citizenship they would take it in a heartbeat.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Legend

May 30, 2007
    Well we have a lot of people to take care of, that do not work at all.

13. l_boy

l_boy GC Legend

Jan 6, 2009
    More than those other countries?

14. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    To quote one of my favorite bands King Crimson "I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress..." :D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Legend

May 30, 2007
    Yes.

16. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    LOL, no. In fact, they wouldn't even come here on a vacation until we can get competent leadership in place to deal with Covid-19.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. metalcoater

metalcoater GC Legend

May 30, 2007
    I think I saw caravans coming, but I could be wrong.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. l_boy

l_boy GC Legend

Jan 6, 2009
    What information do you base that upon? That's not my understanding, but I may be wrong. Pre covid unemployment rates were generally higher, except for Germany, and I don't think US labor participation rates are materially different then Europe. In general the European welfare/safety net is much stronger than the US.

19. FutureGatorMom

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    You can't have it both ways - Those countries pay for those that don't work with their systems AND We have to pay for those that don't work with our systems.

20. FutureGatorMom

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I have a couple from Canada booked for 4 months in my beach condo January thru April - I doubt they are coming this winter. BYE BYE $$ that would pay for my overhead. This president and his lies about COVID has cost me tens of thousands of dollars this year.

• Informative Informative x 1