Your feelings about the rest of the season?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Nov 4, 2013.

1. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,480
    Just curious how you feel about the rest of this football season now that the team is 4 and 4. For me i've gone from angry to apathy. I will watch how we do verses vandy and hope for a win but a loss there and I'll probably skip watching the rest of the games.

I hope we are able to win enough games to avoid a losing season. Should we go 6 and 6 I would just prefer we didn't go to a bowl game. I know it will provide practice opportunities, but it may be like my golf game, I practice more but continue to shank so practice is more of a waste of time for me. All the practice vs UL didn't help much imo.

Personally, bowl games should be a reward for winners, not for teams that manage to go 50/50. Funny, like most of you, waited all spring, summer for football to start and in a way, can't wait for it to end. At this point my focus will be more on Gator basketball. This year is pretty much done football wise.
  2. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,943
    Watch every game and root for the Gators. I want to go to a bowl for the practice time. Practice time is for next year and getting younger players reps actual bowl results are meaningless IMO. Unless it is for the NC
  3. UFGator05

UFGator05 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,300
    I want us to win the rest of our games and show some life.
  4. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    In the words of the great Andy Dufresne, "Get busy living or get busy dying". Either start turning this thing around or let's move on. The status quo is not getting it done.
  5. ArtDeco

ArtDeco Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +990
    I spent Thanksgiving out West a couple years ago while our 3 headed sucky QB monster was getting slaughtered by FSU. Thank God Jimbo called the dogs off.
    I have a sneaking suspicion this year's game will be worse, and with a BCS ranking on the line, Jimbo won't show mercy this year.
  6. AFCyberGator

AFCyberGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +392
    I am still a Gator fan, but I will not rearrange my Saturdays for games the rest of the year. I also turned off all ESPN text notifications for Gator football. I will still watch highlights on YouTube the day after, but it hurts my eyes and my blood pressure to watch much more.
  7. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +922
    Beat FSU and get a great recruiting class and I will be happy. BEAT FSU!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Tito22

Tito22 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +514
    Just beat FSU
  9. bgator85

bgator85 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,015
    While generally I would agree, the results are important when you are playing at 6-6. There hasn't been a losing season here since '79, that is a streak worth protecting.
  10. SECund2nun

SECund2nun Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +922
    I just realized that we have not had good news in so long. We have lost 3 straight games and had a bye week so no wins in the last 4+ weeks and we have not had a commitment in ages. I'd love some good news soon.
  11. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +166
    I don't think the team has quit so I won't either. I may not get very excited - I don't think I've scared my dogs with my yelling and screaming once this year - but I'll be watching them all (though the FSU game may get shut down at half-time).
  12. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,956
    This. We REALLY need a win over Vandy. I can't believe I'm even saying that!
  13. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,007
    I just want to see some progress out of the players that are getting significant PT. We can't do anything about the ones we don't have anymore.

What I don't want to see is this team give up. Win or lose, I want to see them leave it on the field.

As for the winning season, sure that's a streak that you don't want to see broken. Sadly, one day it will be. Whether it's this year or another remains to be seen.
  14. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,105
    Hahaha..we lose 3 games in a row and people actually think we have a chance against FSU. The only way we beat FSU is they cough up the football 4 times for 4 defensive TDs. That my friends won't happen since Muschamp used up all his mojo last year.
  15. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,105
    We like to hammer FSU for their down years but they never had a losing season in any of those years. Even if we go 6-6, if we lose the bowl game, it'll be a worse season than the Noles ever had in the last 13 years.
  16. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,694
    I anticipate them winning every game left. If they don't win one, I'll anticipate them winning the next one. My feelings are that simple. Anticipation; no expectations. There's only room for enjoyment in my Gator fanhood, so my feelings involve anticipation and enjoyment.
  17. bearshark

bearshark Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    I am with "UFGATOR05" in winning the rest of the games but hope we go at least 2-2 to avoid a losing season. Vandy, SC, and FSU are tall orders for a team that has difficulty scoring against air and has no imagination offensively. Top teams can play freshman and not fall apart but it seems we have GREAT RECRUITS/TALENT but on Saturdays they are Zooked, Goffed, Doolized, or now CHIMPCHAMPED or flat out in the Bermuda Triangle.
  18. johnl

johnl Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +638
    Yep. Rock bottom might be a week away or 4 weeks away but its most definitely on its way and it appears a likely "solution" is to welcome back more of the same.

If its allowed to pan out like that, UF becomes the coyote caught in the trap, chewing his leg off to find itself still caught in the trap.
  19. ElimiGator

ElimiGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +116
    It's not just about this year. It's about the next 1-2 or however long it takes to compete again. I would like to see some sort of extra game this year in the way of a Papa Johns or Need Insight.com Bowl!! So being bowl eligible seems like a new goal. Can't imagine would this board would be like if FSU was the last game of the year and it ended fugly. At least we've moved beyond the Driskurphy threads.
  20. MtownGator

MtownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +489
    I want our guys to play their hearts out and have fun and enjoy their college career while playing for us. I hope they all study hard and get a great education and nail as many chicks as they want while they live the dream of being a Gator. Now on the field - Just do your best -- we will always be here to support our Gators - win or lose. I'd love to win em all but that is not what life is made of. I would love to shock Fresno State though.