You guys are acting like Muschamp is losing with the 2013 Broncos.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Vindibudd, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Freddy02

Freddy02 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +351
    but it actually may - look at the other thread about Pease on the Boise State boards and it does sound eerily familiar

Maybe they had bad players and too many injuries too ... or maybe coaching or lack thereof... or voodoo:devil:
  2. rburnett

rburnett Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +99
    whoa whoa whoa, Maty Mauk took a few snaps vs. UGA in the previous week... so there ya go :geek:
  3. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information I'm your huckleberry Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,435
    All RFR QBs suck. Just look at Rex Grossman.
  4. AlumofUF

AlumofUF Member

Ratings Received:
    +52
    Just as a quick point of comparison, since we just lost to Mizzou and people are saying "look what they did to us with their O line". They have the same coaching staff as last year and last year their O line was decimated like ours is this year. Their record last year was 5-7 this year 7-0. So yes O line can make the ENTIRE difference in the season. Our line is definitely playing poorly, but who exactly are we supposed to put in, the backups are already being rotated in and out.

People also seem to forget that not only do we have injuries on the line, but several highly touted, talented kids left or got kicked off the team for questionable behavior. Its not like Champ wasn't out there trying to get kids.

Do we have to question the O line coach? Probably so. Does it go all the way to the OC? Maybe, however, I have seen us in position to score touchdowns and the playcall was the right call, it was the execution of the play that blew the outcome. How much is any coach responsible for what happens once the ball is snapped? I don't know the answer to that, but the players have to count for something.

So many people on the board like to compare a HC to a CEO, I get the comparison its close for sure. The difference is you might have a good CEO and a certain division of the company is performing poorly, but the company is profitable. The CEO can usually make fairly quick changes to all employees in the division for a fix. Now a HC and AD could make an employee change at the OLC or OC postion, it wouldn't necessarily be quick, but could be done. However you just can't fire the players and replace them. If a CEO hires a new divisional manager, but the divisional manager has sub par employees and he can't replace them, then what?
  5. whitelakegator

whitelakegator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    4-10 vs ranked teams. Fire him. He's not a winner. Last year was an anomaly.
  6. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +799
    I did the same and we are worse every year. Bring up Driskel and I did in an earlier post when I put up his 2012 stats and asked whose stats they were and no one got him - all thought it was a running back's stats. When your quarterback's passing stats look like a RB's stats, that says it all. Also remember he broke his leg at the same moment he was completing a perfect pass - to the defense for a pick 6. Who knows if he would have done better than Tyler. Past performance says nope.

I also remember Missouri losing their best player and bringing out a freshman to start his first game against us and throw better than any Florida QB since Tim.