You guys are acting like Muschamp is losing with the 2013 Broncos.

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Vindibudd, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Vindibudd

Vindibudd Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +123
    Look, I am not happy with the result yesterday, I'm stilled pissed about the Sugar Bowl, Miami, and LSU. Hell, I'm pissed about UGA for the past couple of years. And I'm not a big fan of the ball control, run it for 6 minutes up the middle to sit on a 3 point lead.

But it's not like we're at DEFCON Ron Zook here. It's not like we have a healthy team with all of our starters and the only reason we are losing is because of idiotic coaching and zero discipline. And these BS ejections for targeting and idiotic officiating are also exacerbating the issue.

I'm ready to write this year off, I was ready to write it off 2 weeks ago. I don't believe or not believe in a given head coach, I am trying to look at things objectively and I don't really see how this is all on Will Muschamp. I think the guy is doing the best he can with the personnel he has. He did after all just come off an 11 win season, something that Zook never came close to.

Our starting QB, RB and best player on defense are gone for the year. Every game we get a great defensive player ejected on this bull---- targeting rule.

Do I think we would be doing better with a different coach given the injuries we have? No, I can't say that we would. Things are just bad right now but I wasn't a drama major at UF, so I'm not going to sit here and say the coach needs to be fired. Face it guys, this year is just about surviving at this point, sit back and just be happy when we actually do win this year.

Now if we are healthy next year and 3-3 at the same point, yeah, fire everybody.
  2. Gatorphenom

Gatorphenom New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Read this and see if you can't come out of Fantasy Land Vin
  3. starchase1

starchase1 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Well stated. Unfortunately, flat out wrong! See Alabama after the Saban hire.
  4. Vindibudd

Vindibudd Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +123
    Yeah instead of looking at raw stats, I prefer to watch the games and follow the team and pay attention to things like losing starting QBs for a whole season. But that's just me.
  5. starchase1

starchase1 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    I read this on the other thread. Excellent response! Undeniable.
  6. bcdowling

bcdowling New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    Ole Miss was down 6 starters on defense, their starting tailback, and had a bunch of 3-star guys on their O-line. They put up 525 yards against a completely healthy LSU team and won. I'm giving the whole injury thing less and less justification - other teams are finding ways to win. Couple that with coaches and players fighting on the sideline, I'm beginning to think WM has just lost control of the team. The defense basically quit in the fourth quarter against Mizzou. You think guys like Purifoy and Roberson, who will get drafted in the first couple rounds next year, are gunning to lay it on the line every week from here on out, when we're not playing for anything but "pride?" I don't. I've been a fervent WM supporter up to this point (and I'm up here at the Mizzou game typing this in my hotel room) but he may have lost me this week.
  7. starchase1

starchase1 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    I agree. Head in the sand is sometimes very comforting. Relatively!
  8. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,646
    Listen, I'm the kind of guy who believes in backing a coach in his first couple of years, but when Year #3 comes around and the program is regressing? You have a problem.

Yes, injuries to key personnel has been a big, big blow to this team, but it's also realistic to look at the entire situation too.

This isn't just a "problem", this is a disturbing trend. This is a coach who simply does not understand the concept of efficient offense and he's a micro-manager. There isn't anyone anywhere who will convince me, even coach-speak from the assistants themselves, who will convince me this isn't Muschamp's personality and influence all over this offense.

I like Muschamp, and I'm not going to come on here and call him names, but the guy is obviously in over his head and too inexperienced as a HBC at this point of his coaching career to do the kind of job Gator Nation expects of him.
  9. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +937
    The most discouraging thing to me is how far it appears that our program has regressed. If we lose to Vandy, it'll be the first time in 23 years. If we go 5-7, we miss a bowl game for the first time since 1990 (probation). We've already seen a consecutive sellout string of something like 120 games die. We're set up to lose our 3rd straight game to georgia. We're once again out of the rankings. If we finish 5-7, it's the first losing season since 1979. There are more empty seats in the stadium than I can remember, going back into the '80s.

I sincerely hope we at least beat Vandy at home and keep the bowl streak alive. Would love to beat uga, but that's not looking likely...but who knows, they're having a lot of trouble too. After yesterday, I've become overly pessimistic. Hopefully none of those "ifs" happen.
  10. Vindibudd

Vindibudd Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +123
    Nick Saban's first 3 years:

2007 2-6
    2008 12-2 SEC West Division champions, Embarrassed in the Sugar Bowl
    2009 Undefeated with a perfectly healthy team.

Will Muschamp's first 3 years.

2011 7-6
    2012 11-2 SEC East Co-champions, Embarrassed in the Sugar Bowl
    2013 3-3 missing all major starters for the year.

You are telling me you expected to be undefeated this year?
  11. regator

regator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +213
    Missouri beat us badly with less talented players. Just look at recruiting rankings last three years.
    So if we have better players it must be _________.
  12. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,646

What's even more infuriating, is that for the second year in a row we lost a legitimate shot at the SEC East Title and add to that we got beat by a back-up freshman who's never taken a snap before this game.
  13. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,817
    Don't bother with these types of people. The amount of starters we lost, if only to injury this year was an incredible loss but to these people our backups and their backups should be world beaters.

You cant fix the eternally negative.
  14. Colin

Colin Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +543
    All of the stats comparing coaches and years are hard to take seriously, because it's apples and oranges when it comes to making conclusions. The simple truth is that when we can block we can score points, but when we cannot block we can't score points. Right now we are low on depth because of injuries (Green, Halapio, Humphries) and stupidity (Dunker), and guys are playing out of position.

Replace the offensive line of Bama with ours and I think you'd see the same thing happening there that is happening here.
  15. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,817
    Well said.
  16. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,346
    Yeah, and replace our coaches with 'bama's and we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,867
    I don't care if we are three deep at every position (and we almost are), we should still look like we have a chance to win. I'm unfortunately starting to understand what it's like to be a powder puff team. Not acceptable.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,346
    Me too, my Gator friend.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,525
    At Bama, they could tackle defensive linemen without getting flagged.
  20. Gatorphenom

Gatorphenom New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    But...But......Wait I thought we were the only team with injuries