Yea Volleyball!

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by Gatorgal04, Aug 30, 2013.

1. halsgator

halsgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +23
    Thanks Gatorgal. Enjoyed the scoring.
  2. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +715
    gal....does Holston look as good as advertised? Could be a formidable team if she is really good.
    Did freshman Denise Belcher get any time?
  3. Gatorgal04

Gatorgal04 Lowly Fan VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +255
    Holston didn't get a lot of time, but I think she did very well. I don't remember Belcher getting into the game, but she may have a little and I missed it.
  4. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +715
    Thanks...I see Holston made the all tourney tem and set a couple of freshman hitting % records for the weekend. Solid start, and a good test for Stanford coming up
  5. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +47
    Saw a bit of action this weekend and IMHO the team looks pretty similar to last year. Mann, Recek and setter Braunais are all playing at an elite level, the right side is solid (with Holston replacing Wiggs) and the rest of the team is a bit shaky (for a team with Final 4 aspirations).

I think Antwi will come along as the 2nd middle as the skills and athleticism are there, but the 2nd OH is a concern. Santos-Lamb doesn't yet look fully recovered from her ACL injury and I don't think Mallette is going to get it done at that position.

But I think the biggest problem is still going to be the backrow - we have almost all upperclassmen back there now and I just don't really see a ton of improvement. If there is one noticeable improvement, it might be the serving. Very aggressive from Unroe and Santos-Lamb in particular and pretty low error for the team.

Would be surprised if the team could take down Stanford or Penn State at this point, but who knows this early in the season. It looks like Texas lost this weekend, so most likely those will be the #1 and #2 ranked teams when we play them next weekend.