XBox One announcements from yesterday...

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by dadx4, Jun 7, 2013.

1. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    Xbox One80?
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Swamp_of_Gators

Swamp_of_Gators Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +746
    :laugh: well done, sir.
  3. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +361
    Just read their press release and I wont be a customer of this next system. I previously was at least willing to consider the system given an exclusive title I really wanted. Then I read their press release and saw the following. Maybe I am wrong here but it seems to me that because they couldnt get away with their restrictions they wont keep in the innovations they were apparently blessing us with. I dont know the whole thing just came off as completely out of touch to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +60
    Awesome...The Internet wins. The mob mentality and the masses in general rarely display vision. Microsoft should watch Gladiator to see how to turn the mob.

However, it's a fine line as JC Penney figured out trying to give customers what they don't need. So, I understand micrsoft's xbox180 position.

Good article on what we are losing now that xbox1 and ps4 are exactly like their predecessors except better specs....

http://www.gamesradar.com/6-great-f...ges/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sleeze

sleeze Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +60
    Microsoft is acting like Apple...u HAVE to have this to work this.

I have the 360...but i am liking sony at this point.
  6. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +943
    Mob mentality? What a simplistic and shortsighted perspective. Microsoft exists for no other reason than its customers. If Microsoft can't keep them happy it has no right to consumer money.

And nothing prevents Microsoft from implementing those features you are lamenting for customers that want to go that route.
  7. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +361
    Even this article says they dont know why some of the features are going away. I think its just Microsoft being bitter. And some of the others such as not needing a rental market because games will be cheaper is just wishful thinking. Yes the not needing a disc and being able to share or transfer digitally would have been cool but they went about it all wrong. How does a company with the resources of Microsoft not do proper market research to see how these things will be received before going forward? I just dont see why the restrictions are entirely necessary in order to have some of these things that we now wont be getting.
  8. Swamp_of_Gators

Swamp_of_Gators Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +746
    idk, they could still do all this stuff with digitally downloaded games. It's the limitation they put on physical copies that they needed to scrap. They just went overboard. They really must have some numbskulls working in marketing.

If you really want to take the route they are doing, make digital downloads cheaper, and remove restricts on the physical copies, and leave them the way they have been. The consumers will eventually ween themselves off of the need for physical copies for the sake of saving money, and viola! I know the argument is going to be if the consumer is allowed to resell their game, they won't buy the digital version. But again, if a game is 40 or 50 dollars instead of 60, it's going to be hard to turn that down. With more people buying digital copies when the game is new, there will be far fewer used physical copies out their for resale, which leaves people who want to buy the game later down to road really limited on the selection of used games.

Idk, maybe I'm just not really getting it. I'm sure they have put a lot of thought into how to go about it with people more educated than I am. But it just seems pretty simple to me.
    I will say this though; don't force crap down the consumers throat when there is equal competition, or this is what happens.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +60
    Having Skype on the Xbox one will be the best non-gaming feature to the gaming platform. Being able to Skype with family on the TV with a solid camera will be good. I know I could mirror my ipad on a TV and Skype today but that's a bit of a pain and the camera isn't as good.
  10. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,401
    That's pretty cool.