Wow Jon Stewart calls out Sebelius

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,346
    It's all connected. First of all our innovation is a product of the private sector and the corporations that get private moneys through the stock-market investors, not the government's money, but some extra monies are invested through tax deductions and tax credits... this acts like stimulus money from the government only because the government calls it "cooperate welfare," just like what the oil industry gets... tax breaks are more apropos in describing the government's function here.

None of this has anything to do with the single payer system unless you confuse the tax system/codes, and how it relates to research and development in our free-market society.

No one knows exactly how the ACA will affect our innovation, but the taxation of medical devices will create an unfortunate consequence that the foreign countries can seize upon. It's makes it far more expensive to innovate medical devises here in the U.S.A.. Taxes act like a drain on research and development. This kills all American innovation in medical devises in the end.
  2. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    an example of Left wing of MSM holding not just conservatives but also liberals accountable....

care to give examples of Right wing of MSM(ie Fox, Breitbart, etc) holding not just liberals accountable but also conservatives?

that is a big diff between left wing and right wing of MSM....the left wing goes after cons and libs. Right wing typically only goes after libs.

This is possibly one of the things moderates like about Dems and has le to moderates swinging to the dem party
  3. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +369
    Are you characterizing Steward as MSM??? I agree that he's a bomb-tossing leftie but he's hardly MSM ..... average entertainment, sometimes humorous but not MSM. This bit with the Seb was just a ploy to "convince" those that follow his show that he can be impartial (LMOA at that thought).
    • Like Like x 1
  4. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +674
    You could tell that she thought she was going to get lob balls tossed at her.
  5. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    re-read my post please----I described him as being part of left wing of MSM.

last time I recall a major example of right wing of MSM confronting a conservative was Election Night and 'Republican Math' by commentator sticking egg in the face of Karl Rove.

It is one thing for right wing of MSM to blast libs(or left wing of MSM to blast GOP)---that goes on most of the time and more often than not is distortions of the truth.

To me, the truths that come out via left wing of MSM or right wing of MSM is when they blast their own.(ie Jon Stewart blasting Sebelius, or Fox commentator slamming Rove).
  6. philobeddoe

Ratings Received:
    +369
    I don't think Sterwart is MSM. He's a leftie but not MSM .... or part thereof. He's trying to be a personality ... entertainer ... with some degree of success to a very limited audience but not a media guy.
  7. billfisher65

billfisher65 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +327
    You can't label Stewart or Maher or Leno etc as MSM due to the fact that they all have used the "I'm a comedian, I do it for entertainment," line. He is allowed to have an opinion and I respect his line of questioning but he is not a Chris Matthews or Sean hannity
  8. philnotfil

philnotfil Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +363
    What ArtDeco said about Canada's single payer system:
  9. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,867
    Yes he is. Those guys are all opinion guys too.
  10. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    I consider Jon Stewart as part of left wing of MSM(main stream media) on same basis I consider Rush Limbaugh as part of right wing of MSM(main stream media)

I take MSM to include news media as well as entertainment and other presentations on TV, movies, radio, etc.

If you can find a definition of MSM that limits it to just 'news' please post

thing is, MSM, as I understand it is indeed biased in favor of liberals when you include prime time comedies, dramas, movies, music, etc. So I'd think conservatives would not want to limit definition of MSM to just news.
  11. philobeddoe

Ratings Received:
    +369
    Okay, gotcha.