Would dig a little more playaction

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by UFGator05, Sep 24, 2013.

1. UFGator05

UFGator05 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +525
    especially on first downs. Seems like we rarely do it and when we do, good things happen.

Anxious to see more deep balls by Murphy vs UK and see what he's got. Hopefully a couple playactions while they stack 8 men in the box expecting that run. It will also help to set up the run more. Which btw, I like how TM sets up the run, got some kind of action to it
  2. jaxgator1991

jaxgator1991 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +510
    i could see that happening against lsu or uga. like what we did last year against fsu on the deep ball that was wide open and jeff missed the throw to frankie hammond. it will come, probably not right off the bat against kentucky.
  3. theghost

theghost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +684
    First down? No, that's usually a run up the middle for 1 or 2 yards. Maybe on 2nd or 3rd down....
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,273
    I'd like I little more creativity too. Play action, misdirection, motion etc... etc.
  5. ovillegator

ovillegator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +728
    Imagine coach will let Tyler get comfy with the game's flow before he gets too creative. We have a nice lead, expect more in the 2nd half. I'm fine with that.
  6. UFreak

UFreak Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +846
    Sadly, play action is not creative really. It's just logical if you are running time after time on first down. If recall the stats from the past game, TM was behind center on first down 26 times. I think 23 of those were designed run plays. We actually ran 24 times but one of those was a designed pass where TM ended up scrambling and then running for a big gainer.
    That's pretty predictable football there.
  7. bullish

bullish Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +129
    The last ten minutes of running clock skewed these stats. Pease actually called a good game for a QB that hadn't played before. But I am with you, play action with Tyler being able to sell good fake's I am sure Pease will use this. How much and when, who knows. 1st down they will stack the box, is a good starting place but I am sure Boom wants to work out our running game on Kentucky. This might help Tyler in the length of the season.