1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Worst Gators Football Score To You?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by swamp1, Jun 17, 2014.

1. number1

number1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +419
    I went crazy in my room watching that game.
  2. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,712
    The Swindle enraged me as well because after losing to a 10-win Ole Miss team, Zook beat three top 10 teams, all on the road in a row, and later beat Vandy and USCe. After a five game winning streak, it seemed as though he got over the hump and put us on track. The silence from the Posse's absence on this board was beyond sweet.

But as soon as we got sodomized by Jack Childress and Co., the Posse returned and gleefully blamed Zook for the loss, in spite of the obvious evidence to the contrary. From that moment on, I knew he would never ever be given the benefit of the doubt, and they prayed for Florida losses so that he could be fired.

The team was demoralized and flat when going up against a very good Iowa team, and lost badly. Also Zook's fault, of course...

At first, Nole fans were acknowledging that they got damned lucky, but over time, they were forgetting about all the horrible calls that went in their favor. That is why I always have that long list of quote from national sports writers testifying how badly officiated that game truly was.

As far as I am concerned, Florida was 9-4 in 2003 and 8-4 in 2004.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,986
    The Swindle has to be the most enraging because it was an obvious fix, in a game we would have won by a minimum of three TDs if it was reasonably well officiated.

The ACC had a lot of BCS AQ money (and status) on the line and weren't going take any chance on losing it.

I still think a legal investigation should have been done into that, and we should have refused to play in any game officiated by ACC officials from that point forward.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. VanNoord

VanNoord Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +235
    It would be one of those Georgia losses in the late '70s/early '80s*, but since I blotted them all out with drink and denial:

62-24. We were there, cold and miserable far up in the stands. The long scary injury timeout, watching those giant defenders in red move like sprinters on speed, Frazier's endless run -- man, it was brutal. Still pulling cornhusks out of my rear.

I do recall the Nebraska fans being pretty cool, but then they were so used to de-pantsing pretenders at that time.

* This makes 27-0 my pick for best score. Ever. We were there, too.
    • Agree Agree x 1