Worst Gators Football Score To You?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by swamp1, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Bedlam

Bedlam Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +148
    I find it odd no one has mentioned the awful 32-13 score from the 2009 SEC Championship.

That was the most painful loss for me. Tebow and company were destined for our first undefeated season and to ride off into the sunset with the greatest college career ever... only to come out incredibly flat and play like crap. Ended our mini dynasty and began Alabama's... We've never recovered.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,088
    Along with not remembering the score, something about the party leading up to the game and Dunlap taking a nap in the middle of the road after being overserved took a bit of the surprise out of that game for me. I still thought we were going to win in Atlanta, but I wasn't surprised at how it unfolded. Thought we were still in good shape right up until our 3-and-out to start the 2nd half followed up by Bama's drive right back down the field for a TD.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  3. gwag

gwag New Member

Ratings Received:
    +25
    A very good Appy team went up to the Big House and upset Michigan, the same Michigan team that beat us in Orlando later that season. An average James Madison team went into Blacksburg and shocked a Top 15 VT team, a VT team that then won 10 straight from that point to get to the Orange Bowl and get waxed by Stanford and ended up 10-3 (8-0 in the ACC). Those are the only two programs with the tradition close to UF to lose to an FCS team, and both ended up having great seasons. We lost to a subpar GSU squad whose QB wasn't even healthy and didn't pass for one stinking yard in the game. Not even close to comparable.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. cistern

cistern Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    A GSU team that had 19 injuries on it's 65 scholarship roster, two of which were it's starting running backs.

I'm not going to argue with anyone because the title of the thread is which one is the worst to YOU, not me, but that was the worst loss in Florida Gators history and trying to make it sound not so bad is embarrassing.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,060
    You're correct they are not comparable because of two reasons; 1) Neither Michigan or VT were fighting injuries as severely as we were and 2) both their games were at the beginning of the season. By the time we got to GA Southern, we were beat down emotionally and Physically. Also, before anybody mentions the injuries to GA Southern, please remember they had NOTHING to lose in that game.

As far as their QB is concerned, that's a moot point because they were a running team. They only had 1000 yards passing on the season. That's a very hard team to play when you are beaten up physically and mentally.

Have no doubt, we still should have won, but some act like it's totally beneath us that we did; it's really not if look at it with the emotion taken out.
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,060
    Wait....then why are you even mentioning anything? It's only embarrassing to some who can't see the loss for what it was. Should we have lost? No......is it as embarrassing as you and others want to make it? NO.

Also their top two backs were not injured. They were both the leading rushers that day. Not to mention one that was a 3rd round pick in the draft. That team knew how to run the ball!

http://www.gseagles.com/boxscore.aspx?id=234&path=
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,060
    Cistern,

What exactly in that post do you disagree with? Nothing I stated is untrue.
  8. cistern

cistern Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    Yeah, you're right. Not that embarrassing. Hang on, I'm getting some more for you.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,060
    You can post as much as you want but it still doesn't make it to the extreme that the typical (few) posters here try and take it. Those posters devalue any means of evidence or rational thinking when it comes to that game. You made inaccurate statements regarding their injuries to the RB in order to make it seem even worse. Yes the game was a joke, and we should not have lost, but it's not to the degree that some here want to take it. I also don't need to get my opinions from others; I can get it on my own and I did. While that game should not have ended that way, I can see why it did. It's called not having a knee-jerk reaction and actually dissecting it.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,088
    I like to try to look at the positives. Losing to Georgia Southern took away SWAC's ability to ensure us of having a losing season. But also, it's not like the season would have been significantly different had we defeated Georgia Southern. The Miami loss hurt much, much more than the Georgia Southern loss...as has been mentioned, we had already been beat down by that point.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  11. cistern

cistern Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    P.s. a lot of these statements on this post are coming from our former players.
  12. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,060
    and? Not sure how that backs up your claim or debunks mine. I'm sure a ton of people made comments right after the game; that's called letting emotion control your mouth. Some of us can move on quicker and actually look at it a little clearer.

Ps. Just to keep the streak going, please disagree with this post. I'd hate for you to break a streak!
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  13. cistern

cistern Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
  14. cistern

cistern Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
  15. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,060
    Keep it coming.....it's typical from you! I'll end it with this: YOU HAVE NOT PROVED A THING EXCEPT WHAT SEEMS TO BE ALLOWING OTHERS TO DECIDE FOR YOU!

and you ruined my streak......I'm afraid our friendship is over :cool:
  16. cistern

cistern Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    Doesn't seem like the majority of journalists, sports websites, individuals with no invested interest, or really, anyone at all, agrees with your assessment that it was not a big deal.
  17. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,060
    and they'd be correct. Now who actually said it wasn't a big deal again?
  18. cistern

cistern Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    This here.
  19. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,060
    You mean where I said "IS IT AS" meaning there's a degree of embarrassment, but not to the degree that some here take it; over and over again! Then you post comments that are just repetitive from different news articles/journalists who's only job is to be attention whores? I'm ok with what I said and none of that proves otherwise. My point was/remains that the ones constantly moaning over that loss won't even try to accept any reasoning as to why it happened when it's clear as day. Now I have blamed Muschamp for this and will right now, he lost the team towards the end of the season and they were physically and emotionally beaten. When you take injuries and everything else into account, to me at least, it knocks down the embarrassment level a huge deal. Not sure how much clearer I can make it.

If you want to respond, feel free too. If i feel the need to afterwards Ill just shoot you a message. I don't want to keep hi-jacking the thread.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. tafc_5_1981

tafc_5_1981 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +364

That would be my pick