Woody Allen

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by 108, Feb 4, 2014.

1. AzCatFan

AzCatFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +695
    Pedophilia, which is attraction to pre-pubescent kids, isn't a crime. It's any action taken, such as sex, pictures, and any other form of sexual abuse. States also define statutory rape and the legal age of consent is 18. But laws differ from state to state as to what exactly statutory rape is. And by a psychological definition, attraction to a 17-year-old isn't pedophilia, as she'll look the same 17 years, 364 days, as she will 18 years. But again, legal definitions might say at 17/364, it's rape, but at 18, ok.

With Woody Allen, it's certainly creepy he ended up marrying the adopted daughter of his former girlfriend, but both say they never dated until she was about 20. She's from Korea and there is no original birth certificate for Soon-Yi, but they claim Woody started taking her to Knicks games sometime around 19-21 years of age, and that's when the romance started. Woody also never officially adopted Soon-Yi. Again, creepy, but nothing illegal unless they are lying about when the romance began.

But I doubt it. It's difficult for a pedophile to stop once they start and get away with it. Yet, there is exactly one and only one accusation made against Woody Allen. Very surprising. In the majority of pedophile cases, once one accusation is made, others come forward, and the avalanche begins. See Sandusky. But Allen has had access to other little girls, including two adopted daughters both in their teens now, and nary another accusation. It just doesn't add up to Allen being guilty, in my opinion.
  2. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    Reading the beast article, I couldn't help but notice the slightly gratuitous mention that Mia Farrow dated Frank Sinatra when she was 21 and he 50...

I tend toward being really suspicious of the accusations. It's a tough thing but children can be persuaded to believe things that might never have happened. Can happen with adults too.

McMartin preschool scandal comes to mind
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +830
    Woody Allen is creepy.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GatorRade

GatorRade Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +934
    Sorry wgb, I'm not sure how I missed that.
  5. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,873
    No worries, just funny because I made a point of not saying that it was his adoptive daughter because I read the DB story. :)
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,991
    I see... if it's a movies star guilty of "statutorily raping" then it's up to the media to define it... and for everyone else it's pedophilia..

I see how that works... I guess Roman Polanski isn't one either.
  7. AzCatFan

Ratings Received:
    +695
    I think you are confused. Psychology defines pedophilia as being attracted to pre-pubescent children. By nature, a 17-year-old girl is not pre-pubescent. However, have sex with a 17-year old girl, and you are guilty of statutory rape. (depending on age and specific state law)

Woody Allen is guilty of neither pedophilia nor statutory rape. He was accused of molesting a 7-year-old girl, but all charges were dropped. Allen has been around other young girls and there has never even been a hint of any other accusations. As for Allen and his now wife Soon-Yi, the public account is they didn't start dating until she was at a minimum of 19, and maybe older (no birth certificate from Korea for Soon-Yi and therefore no exact date of birth). And Allen was never Soon-Yi's adopted father.

Dating and marrying your ex's adopted daughter (with a separate adopted father) is creepy, but not illegal as long as she is of legal age. And she was when they got together. As for the accusations of abuse by Dylan Farrow? Perhaps she is telling the truth, and we'll probably never know. But there isn't enough for an indictment, let alone a conviction, and the lack of any other allegations against Allen makes it unlikely he's guilty. Pedophiles generally don't try once and then stop.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Pedophilia is a clinical term with a specific definition. Statutory rape is a criminal term with a specific definitions. Those two definitions are not the same.

Do you understand now?
  9. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Put another way, statutory rape can be an 18 year old having sex with a 17 year old. In most cases, a 50 year old man being attracted to a 17 year old is not pedophilia, as - stated above - pedophilia is the sexual attraction to prepubescents. There aren't too many 17 year-olds who have not gone through puberty.
  10. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,991
    Not even close to confused... Just because these perverts haven't been "labeled" by a psychologists doesn't mean they might not be pedophiles... He's a disgusting POS that should be incarcerated for a long time.
  11. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    How do you know he did it?
  12. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    It's not about labeling so much as differences in actual definitions.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,213
    Right.

No one is saying that someone who only has sex with 17 year olds isn't a pedophile because a psychologist hasn't diagnosed them as one, we're saying they aren't a pedophile because that doesn't meet the definition of pedophile...
  14. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    Yeah, but just because one hasn't been labeled as such doesn't mean one isn't, which would then infer that everyone should be suspected as being one until so confirmed. :D
  15. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    One of Mia Farrow's other children, Moses, said she was the abuser, not Woody. This was alluded to in the daily beast article.
  16. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,991
    ... the statutory rapists should.
  17. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Not if ... You know ... They aren't
  18. AzCatFan

Ratings Received:
    +695
    Woody Allen may be creepy, but he is neither a pedophile (not enough evidence to charge him in the Dylan Farrow case, let alone convict), nor a statutory rapist (Soon-Yi was at least 19 years-old when they first got together). With no credible evidence Allen ever committed sexual abuse of a minor, and no credible evidence he ever slept with someone underage, the tags of pedophile and statutory rapist don't fit. Still doesn't mean he isn't creepy ending up marrying the adopted daughter of a former girlfriend.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. cocodrilo

cocodrilo Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,392
    I've thought Mia Farrow is creepy ever since I saw Rosemary's Baby.
  20. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +949
    LMAO.....me, too!

Never cared for Woody Allen or Mia Farrow......she struck me as looney tunes.