Women's Recruiting Info 2014

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by EastTNG8TR, Apr 5, 2013.

1. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    Looks like ESPN finally updated their Top 100 rankings as well. Looks like Amanda may have an eye for talent. Lorenzen moved up to 35. Copeland went from 3 stars to number 70, and Young went from 3 stars to number 56. That is three Top 100 players. I feel good about this class now. I was not familiar with Young and thought we were taking backup options but apparently not. Anderson is a 3 star UR.

Others of note:

Vivians to 24
    Oliver to 58 (she went from looking like a heavy UF lean to a heavy UGA lean...wondering if we backed off with Lorenzen and Copeland on board)
    Campbell to 61
    Jennings to 64
    Salter again makes a big jump to 89.

Salter may be a bit of a diamond in the rough. She is a big girl but she can flat out play. I kind of hope we take her. Vivians has to be priority one and Jennings is one I would like if Vivian's doesn't come. Everyone has her as a Post but I look for her to play the 3.
  2. bossman

bossman Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    These rankings are different...They have 52 players as 5 stars.
  3. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    I think that is probably just a glitch from updating them. Usually there are 10 or so 5 stars. Generally the first 10 to 15 on HG are 5 stars and the rest of the 100 are all 4 stars.
  4. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    Taylor Gordon is going to Wake Forest.
  5. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    Campbell to Wake too..... figured she would be UGA.
  6. Tyree02

Tyree02 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    NaSheema to Georgia.. But I really love the class you guys have..
  7. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    No surprise there. She has been hinting at UGA. I thought UGA might take Campbell too but I know they are very tight on available spots. I'd imagine if we take anyone else it'll be Jennings, Vivians, or Salter.... and I am guessing UT this weekend would be the weekend we would host any we wanted.
  8. Tyree02

Tyree02 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Jennings made an official visit to Georgia for the South Carolina game. My guess is Andy is going to sign one more post player...
  9. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Prospects nation rates our current class #15 in the country: http://www.prospectsnation.com/2014-class-rankings-september-16

We'll probably drop a bit (guessing 20-25 range) if we don't sign anyone else, but this is definitely a solid class.

My guess is Vivians is the only one still realistically on the board. Otherwise it just makes sense to hold scholarships for 2015 to try to restore some class balance again.
  10. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    I do like class balance but it seems a lot of schools in women's hoops sign large classes followed by small ones. Not exactly sure why. Though I prefer the balance if you are a team trying to build you may not really have that luxury. UConn and Tennessee can probably pull in 3-4 elite kids a year but most schools should probably take Top 100 kids whenever they can. With UF in particular, considering the major issue has been post play recently, I would take any/all of Salter, Jennings, and Vivians.... that's the order I see them from most to least likely.
  11. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    From FCP:

"In June, Vivians narrowed her list of schools to Louisville, Kentucky, Florida and Mississippi State. During the month of October, she is slated to begin official visits -- on Oct. 5, she be on campus at Florida; on Oct. 12, it's Mississippi State; on Oct. 19, she’ll head to Louisville; and then on Nov. 2,d Vivians will wrap up her official visits at Kentucky.

Florida coach Amanda Butler made an in home visit last week, and next week Vic Schaffer (Mississippi State), Jeff Walz (Louisville) and Matthew Mitchell (Kentucky) are all scheduled to drop by."
  12. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Also Jennings committed today to Kentucky.

Curious who we will have on campus this weekend...possibly some 2015s?
  13. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    I knew Jennings was a UK fan, but never heard that she got an official offer from them. I would love to see Vivians come here but it will be tough. MSU is the home school and Louisville and UK have more history and fan support. Would love to see her and Ronni Williams together for 3 years.
  14. bossman

bossman Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
  15. bossman

bossman Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Brett McCormick ratings and take on UF's recruiting class.

"Florida: Isis Young, No. 112, 5-7, PG; Haley Lorenzen, No. 120, 6-2, C; Brooke Copeland, No. 136, 6-2, WF; Dyandria Anderson, No. 189, 5-10, SG.

McCormick on the Gators: “Young is very athletic, and she knows how to run the show and lead a team. Lorenzen is a strong rebounding post player who has skills. Copeland is another skilled player, and she has an inside-outside game. She could help at a number of positions. Anderson is an athletic guard. Her strengths are attacking the basket and defending, but she has good shooting range."
  16. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +400
    Not a real strong class on paper but I'm sure there was a lot of negative recruiting out there regarding Butler's future.

Again, only one girl from Florida in this class and the inability to recruit Florida may well lead to Butler's demise.
  17. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    It's a Top 15 class....that's a really good class considering the same schools usually occupy the top spots. The in-state recruiting thing is blown way out of proportion. You recruit the best talent you can get regardless of state. UConn and Tennessee don't load up on in-state players I assure you. This was not a good year in Florida for elite talent anyways. Not sure what girl in Florida you'd rather have at any position over who we got. I will take the better talent and a Top 15 class all day, every day.
  18. Tyree02

Tyree02 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Is Vionese looking at Florida? She is a quality big... Next year in the 2015 class.. Florida is loaded.
  19. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    I have not seen or heard of any interest on either part, but it doesn't mean it couldn't be there. The only kid I think left on the board would be Salter.... not sure if she has a commitable offer but I think she will be something special in time....needs to slim down a bit but huge potential. Then again Anderson and Young caught me off guard.