Women's Recruiting Info 2014

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by EastTNG8TR, Apr 5, 2013.

1. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    I have been doing a bit of research for information on Isis Young. ESPN HG had her as a Top 100 Watchlist player and a 3 star recruit, but the information is outdated as the last eval was in 2011. ProspectNation has added her to our commitments as a 4 star player. From ESPN...

Boo Williams-April 11: She is quick and explosive with the ball. She finishes well both hands and pass well off the dribble. Plays with energy and so leadership as a point guard. (Bodine)

JFK Classic-Jan. 11: Active defender in the passing lane, has good speed on the floor. (Bodine)
  2. Tyree02

Tyree02 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Shakayla Thomas is visiting Georgia, Florida, Tennessee and Auburn
  3. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    I've seen photos of Thomas in Gator gear. Never saw an actual list though to confirm UF interest. UT offering her will be tough, but I think at worst we are number 2 for her. I don't know if we pull either considering they have some of the so called elite schools after them, but if UF pulled Victoria Vivians and Shakayla Thomas we could have a very special team. Lots of offensive firepower.
  4. Tyree02

Tyree02 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Those are the schools she visiting according to her AAU coach.. Myisha Hines-Allen.. Down to Louisville, GA Tech (I am certain this is where she goes), West Virginia and Ohio State
  5. bossman

bossman Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Thomas visited Mississippi state last week, and has visited SC and FSU.
  6. Tyree02

Tyree02 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Keil Moore is saying that Shakayla is now visiting Auburn, Georgia, Florida State, Tennessee and South Carolina
  7. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    That is, sadly, more in line with what schools I had seen elsewhere. FSU has recruited her pretty hard. I had seen Baylor, Tennessee, South Carolina, FSU, and Auburn. Kept her on the list to watch because of some pics of her in Gator gear. You got my hopes up on that first list...lol. I still think the most likely possible commits come from Campbell, Oliver, Jennings, Vivians, and Dunbar in order of best chance...possibly Gordon but I find very little info on her school choices. I kind of hope we officially offer Lakaris Salter. I think she is better than the sites seem to think. I doubt we take any more than 5, but I think we definitely take at least one more. Campbell would be nice since we lose Svete and Bonds. From a recruiting standpoint, Copeland is a higher rated Svete and Campbell would be a higher rated Bonds. Lorenzen is easily the highest ranked Post Butler has had and Young gives us depth at PG.
  8. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    Don't be surprised if a new commit emerges in the next day or two. Amanda has a tweet about it being a fantastic Friday with an awesome call... She has had similar tweets prior to Copeland and Young's commitments became public.
  9. bossman

bossman Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
  10. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    Kortney Dunbar to Tennessee.
  11. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +42
    We got another commitment this weekend - Dyandria "Dee" Anderson, 5'10 W from Melbourne.

She was Space Coast POTY and is a 4-star on ProspectsNation. USF and Charlotte were her best offers as of a month ago, so likely not our first choice, but nonetheless good to lock down a Florida kid.

With coach Butler:
    http://instagram.com/p/du-Bgbn45d/

Solid class now, but still lacking a huge impact recruit. If that doesn't change, the pressure to deliver results on the floor this season are going to be even greater.
  12. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    Hmmm that looks like Vivians is probably not coming I am assuming. A little disappointed in the class right now. Recruiting has been on an upswing....had lots of open ships this year too. I know there is talent returning for 14-15 but we need at least one or two big time commits to keep up with the big schools. Don't get me wrong...it is a solid, well-rounded class but we need another big time player or two to challenge for Elite Eights, etc. The gulf between the top 8-10 teams and everyone else is massive in women's hoops. We still have a shot at some major impacts but the board is dwindling. Oliver and Vivians are about the only shots left...Campbell just under them.
  13. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Member

Ratings Received:
    +90
    Yea, she seems like a solid player..but we have a sh!t ton of these..Butler is not able to close the deal on these kids and there has to be a reason why. I dont know if our staff is low on personality or what? But we are gonna keep being a bubble team every year if this keeps up.
  14. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    These 4 stars are improvements over what UF was having to take when Butler arrived. She has 10 players now, 3 of which have All-American potential. Lorenzen is a Top 60 recruit as well. The other recruits give us nice depth at all positions basically but we need to get at least 5 elite players on the roster. We had a great number of looks from some this year which in the past never happened. We just have to get over the hump. On court success this year would go a long ways and I think that will happen. The biggest problem is culture though. Tennessee, UConn, Baylor, Louisville, Kentucky, Notre Dame, Stanford, and even some others like Iowa State can get 7-10,000 fans to a game. Recruits compare that to UF where 1,000 is a good crowd... where would anyone go in that case? Hopefully on court success will help that.
  15. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +24
    help recruiting by attending games. it's that simple. make a commitment to attend at least one [more] game than last season. if you're local to gville, make it a half dozen.
  16. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Member

Ratings Received:
    +90
    We make it down from Charlotte at least 2 times a year to go to Mens and Womens games and whenever they are in the area like Columbia and even last year at Winthrop and UNCC we are there in Gator gear. I just wish more local schools and rec centers encouraged the kids to support them also.
  17. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    Hines-Allen to Louisville, no big surprise there. Louisville is loaded up on 2,3,4 with their class and should be full or very close to it. Hopefully that drops Vivians into a three team battle. Still going to be tough...UK has spots and is a top school and MSU is close to home. I like one in three odds better than four though. Also Christa Reed went to Vanderbilt and they are taking no more guards so you can take them off Amber Campbell's list (as well as probably Louisville if they are indeed full) My gut tells me MSU for Vivians and UGA for Campbell/Oliver. Oliver still has UF on her FB account but has UGA shirts on in several pictures. The biggest question to me is does UGA have room for both. They don't looking at their roster but could make room. These are the Big 3 we have left on the board. Technically we have room for all 3 but 7 in a class isn't likely. We should be in great shape for 15 class since we only lose Kayla Lewis...Jonell Williams is an elite recruit and she is a huge Gator fan and likes Coach Butler. Florida has much more talent in state next year too. Elite kids want to play with each other so I want one in this 2014 class to be happy with it. Crossing fingers that one of the three big targets left come on board.
  18. bossman

bossman Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Twins Khaleann and Audrey-Ann Caron-Goudreau (IMG Academy) both to Vandy. Vandy has put together a pretty good class this year.
  19. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    They had a great class last year too. We recruited these girls early on, but we seemed to back off...which I thought meant we looked really good for Oliver and would move Lorenzen to the 4. I hope that's the case but I am nervous about UGA with her.
  20. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +35
    A little bit of news. ProspectNation has updated their rankings and have expanded to a Top 150. With the update UF's class looks better as does the remaining pool of prospects. Brooke Copeland went from UR to 71 and they changed her position from Post to Forward. Lorenzen came in at 106 which I think is a little low. ESPN and BlueStar had her in the 50-60 range. Isis Young came from nowhere to 114 which makes me feel a lot better about what kind of player she is. Dyandria Anderson is not in the Top 150 but still a 4 star prospect....same with Rhamat Alhassan who would likely be Top 100 but no one knows if she will play basketball.

As for prospects to keep an eye on.....

Jatarie White is 14. (Technically on her list but doubt UF is a serious player here)
    Nasheema Oliver is 34.
    Victoria Vivians is 64 (Under-ranked IMO)
    Taylor Gordon is 73.
    Amber Campbell is 88.
    Alexis Jennings is at 100... should have been ranked a long time ago, again IMO
    LaKaris Salter made a nice jump to 103.