Women's Recruiting Info 2014

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by EastTNG8TR, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Tyree02

Tyree02 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Yeah it looks like Georgia is looking very good for Flaherty, and time will only tell for her. She is making an unofficial very very soon within the next week or soon thereafter. Florida was at the Basketball on the Bayou watching the GA Pistols and Asia Durr. Georgia, GA Tech, Florida, Miami and Maryland were the only schools On-hand at 1045pm watching her.
  2. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    Alright....I wanted to reconfigure the board a little by taking off any players that have committed and adding any that may now have interest. I will post them in order of average rank in the various top 100, 50, 60, etc lists...followed by 4 rankings for BlueStar, FullCourt, HoopGurlz, and ProspectsNation. I used 101 if they were unranked in a given poll. There are other names that the coaches have checked out and/or are following via social media. I wanted to keep this to players who have openly stated Florida as a school of interest, live in Florida or Georgia, have shown some sort of pro-Florida interest (ie wearing a Gator shirt on profile pic), attended UF camp, etc. I will post the top 15 that I think/hope our class comes from.

1. Jatarie White 6'4 Post from Charlotte, NC.... 3,5,12,14...avg 8.5 (wants to play F/ proximity to home is big too)
    2. Shakayla Thomas 5'11 W/F from Sylacauga, AL.... 33,12,29,32...avg 26.5. (Will have a top 5 next week)
    3. Katelynn Flaherty 5'7 PG from Point Pleasant Beach, NJ.... 25,34,49,23...avg 32.75 (has a long list)
    4. Myisha Hines-Allen 6'2 W/F from Montclair, NJ.... 101,24,17,13...avg 38.75 (has a long list)
    5. Victoria Vivians 5'11-6'1 W/F from Forest, MS.... 92,6,52,64...avg 53.5 (Fla, UK, Louisville, Miss St)
    6. Nasheema Oliver 6'3 P from Cordele, GA.... 8,101,101,34...avg 61 (has a top 5 but expect an UGA/UF battle)
    7. Aisha Edwards 5'6 PG from Miami, FL.... 101,101,55,52...avg 77.25 (not much info out there)
    8. Haley Lorenzen 6'3 P from Iowa City, IA.... 52,101,56,101...avg 77.5 (UF verbal)
    9. Keyanna Harris 6'0 W/F from Riviera Beach, FL.... 101,101,46,68...avg 79 (not much info out there)
    10. Amber Campbell 5'8 G from Charleston, SC.... 72,101,101,85...avg 89.75 (down to 7 and will announce this month/does not want to play PG)
    11. Taylor Gordon 5'10 G/W from Powder Springs, GA.... 80,101,101,79...avg 90.25 (not much info out there)
    12. Kortney Dunbar 6'2 G/W from Edwardsville, IL.... 79,101,101,81...avg 90.5 (I know Purdue and Oklahoma really want this girl)
    13. Rhamat Alhassan 6'4 P from Germantown, MD.... 99,101,101,101...avg 100.5 (would be ranked much higher but she is a UF VBall verbal... not ruled out bball though)
    14. Brooke Copeland 6'2 P/F from Cleveland, TN.... Watch List player, 4* (UF verbal)
    15. Alexis Jennings 6'2 W/F from Madison, AL.... Watch List player, 4* (AAU teammate and friend of Copeland)

There are other names to watch that are elite but I don't have enough info showing true UF interest and also some solid players we might take if we miss on a few of the elite targets.... Kia Nurse, Zaire O'Neal, Taylor Rooks, Gabby Green, Lajahna Drummer, Audreyann and Khaleann Caron-Goudreau, Rolanda Hayes, Lakaris Salter.
  3. Tyree02

Tyree02 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Rolanda Hayes current list

Florida, Miami and Central Florida.. She is a legitimate four star prospect.. I will see what other info I can find out for you all...
  4. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Hines-Allen cut her list (somewhat) today and we are still on it: Georgia Tech, Miami, Florida, Louisville, LSU, West Virginia, Rutgers, Ohio State.

I doubt we are one of the favorites from that group, but you never know. At least it's nice to see that we are continuing to be strongly considered by some of the top recruits nationally given the recent negative publicity.
  5. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    Who are you referring to Tyree?
  6. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    Haley Clark...PG from Orlando is heading to UGA. This may be a good sign. UGA has very little room left. I thought Campbell and Oliver might end up there if Campbell went first. Doubt they have room but not sure of transfers, etc. I am guessing Flaherty and Hines-Allen end up at Louisville filling them up. I really want Campbell and Oliver....with Vivians to top it off.
  7. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    Rolanda Hayes to FAU. I am by no means an expert but reading tea leaves this combined with UGA taking Clark looks good to me. I think Florida may be looking good for Campbell...may just be me being overly optimistic.
  8. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +400
    Never a good sign when a Florida girl leaves the state.

Butler has struggled to recruit the state of Florida and that is never a good thing when you are trying to build a program.
  9. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    I would much rather have an elite level recruit than a 3 star kid just because they are from the state of Florida. Clark may very well be a good ball player, but I highly doubt she had a committable offer with bigger fish still out there as possibilities, especially considering we need posts and forwards more than guards.
  10. Tyree02

Tyree02 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Kortney Dunbar

Kortney Dunbar of Edwardsville, Ill., lists Baylor, Duke, Florida, Louisville, Oklahoma State and Tennessee. The ELITE100 class of 2014 wing is in the process of setting up official visits.
  11. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    Dunbar is one I would love to have.... I love the 3-ball and her being 6'2 adds to it. Oklahoma and Purdue both seemed to think they were in the running. I believe Duke just filled up with Lynee Belton, supposedly they had one spot left after Calhoun committed. She doesn't seem like a Baylor kid to me for some reason. Tennessee scares me getting in on her as does Louisville, but I still think they really want Hines-Allen and Flaherty. Not sure what our chances are but would love seeing her in the class.
  12. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    We've reportedly got another commitment - Isis Young, a 5-8 PG from New Jersey.

According to rivals she had offers from schools like Alabama, BC, Georgetown, NC State, West Virginia, etc. No indication that we had even been recruiting her though, so could be quite outdated.

Couldn't find much info on her, but here is a recent article with a bit of background:
    http://www.nj.com/times-sports/index.ssf/2013/08/isis_young_transferring_from_t.html
  13. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    First time I have ever heard that name.... I don't have a clue what to think on this one but that's a pretty good school list. Maybe a sleeper that doesn't play AAU???
  14. Tyree02

Tyree02 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    ELITE 100 watch list 2015 guard Kennedy Leonard, of Southlake, Texas, has an early list of schools she likes and has been communicating with in recruiting. Right now she's talking most with Baylor, Colorado, Duke, Florida, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Princeton, Texas, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech. Leonard has two sisters currently enrolled at Missouri. Her oldest sister is in her second year of law school there, though Leonard plans on studying sports medicine.

Kyla Allison of Orlando, Fla., has seen her interest take off after the summer that she had. Penn State came to a game at the ELITE32 Summer Jam while Florida will host the class of 2016 scoring guard on an unofficial visit this fall.
  15. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +24
    thanks for the updates!
  16. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    Shakayla Thomas will have a Top 5 on Wednesday or Thursday of this week per her Twitter. Amber Campbell supposedly will announce this month. I am not sure what to expect for the rest of this class. We can technically take up to 7, but I'd imagine we save one or two of those. I think the girls we would take commitments from at this point are Campbell, Oliver, Vivians, Dunbar, and Jennings. Obviously we'd take Flaherty, Thomas, Hines-Allen as well but not enough out there to make me feel we have great shots at them.
  17. Tyree02

Tyree02 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Hearing Shakayla will wait until the spring before she decides on a school. Also Katelyn Flaherty is down to Georgia, Michigan, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Vandy and Louisville.. She has done unofficials at Georgia, and Michigan.. Florida was on her list but didnt make this cut.. I am hoping Campbell goes to FLA..
  18. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +92
    I figured Flaherty wasn't going UF when Isis Young committed. We don't have to to have a PG in this class considering Peoples is a McD AA and we have her at least 3 years. I think Carlie Needles will prove to be a great player too and she also has 3 more years. I am glad to have one just for depth purposes though. I would rather have Vivians than Shakayla, but would gladly take both though neither will be an easy pull. We need a SG and W IMO and anything else would just be added depth.
  19. MJGator8104

MJGator8104 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +133
    Really appreciate your updates, EastTN, and Tyree02 is a welcome addition.
  20. Tyree02

Tyree02 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    You guys are very welcome.. I used to dislike a lot of other SEC teams and I was like.. Um... Why? It was petty and quite childish. I didn't care for Amanda Butler before and it was no reason at all. These coaches are special people and they really and truly care about there kids. I am rooting for the SEC period because it is the best conference in WCBB. I want all the SEC teams to be as good as they can be. If I can help you guys out with recruiting info and whatever else I am going to do that... #Go SEC