Women's Recruiting Info 2014

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by EastTNG8TR, Apr 5, 2013.

1. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +45
    Lol.. as if on cue to swat that possibility...Bell just committed to Vanderbilt. Could be a lot of movement soon.
  2. bossman

bossman Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    Chandler Cooper is transferring.
  3. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +45
    Hmmm... I anticipated guard trasnsferring with the numbers we have, but I didn't expect it to be Chandler. We basically just swapped Bannister in for Cooper.
  4. swampgas44

swampgas44 Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    Oh no! Best looking Lady Gator in a long time. She will be missed. :cry:
  5. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +24
    who's got the best outside shot?
  6. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +24
    btw, is women's hoops threads to stay here in this forum or they going to the 'lady gators' forum?
  7. bossman

bossman Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
  8. Tasselhoff

Tasselhoff Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +312
    For the record I like it here. I che k in pretty reguarly just to see what is going on. If it moves I won't che k in near as much. Just sayin.
  9. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +45
    I don't even want to get my hopes up on Victoria, but she would be the highest rated player ever at UF I would imagine. Would love to see her sign.
  10. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +47
    New 2014 commitment!

Brooke Copeland ‏@_BrookeCopeland 2h
    Excited to announce my decision to continue my basketball career at the University of Florida #GoGators #2018

It may not be the huge recruiting splash that I think is we desperately need right now, but Copeland is reportedly having a VERY good summer on the AAU circuit, so wouldn't be surprised to see her climb up some ranking lists in the near future.

And of course the team has been sorely lacking depth in the post for some time now, so adding both her and Lorenzen is nice for sure.
  11. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +45
    This could help with Alexis Jennings.
  12. swampgas44

swampgas44 Member

Ratings Received:
    +37
    We now have a blonde again to make up for Chandler Cooper leaving. :yes:
  13. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +45
    I am really interested to see where Amanda focuses her recruiting now.... Lorenzen and Copeland are both 6'3 Posts but Lorenzen will probably play the PF slot in college and Copeland can shoot the 3, though I don't know how she can handle the ball but I am wondering if she could play the 3 IF we still get Nasheema Oliver who would definitely play the 5. The one thing we have missed, IMO, is solid post play and some height and this class is solving g that problem beautifully. Amber Campbell, Alexis Jennings, Nasheema Oliver, and Victoria Vivians are the biggest fish left that I know are considering UF for sure.... a name possibly worth remembering that we may have tried to get in the running for is Kortney Dunbar, one of the best shooters in the country.
  14. MJGator8104

MJGator8104 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +129
    Thanks, G2MGA and EastTN. It's nice to get updates and even speculation on the women's recruiting front. Without your updates (EastTN), we would have no idea who UF is even recruiting, much less who is actually considering UF...
  15. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +114
    Copeland is a top 100 player and we have been severely lacking height and depth on the post so even if it isnt a huge splash at least she will help resolve some of the problems we have had.
  16. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +45
    Not a surprise... Mackenzie Engram committed to Georgia today as was expected by most so we can officially take her off the board. I mentioned before but a name I am trying to keep an eye on is Kortney Dunbar. She is a 6'2 SG that is considered one of the best pure shooters in the class.... I love the idea of a SG that is 6'2. Butler is following her on social media networks and she attended the UF team camp. She is a top 100 and probably will climb to top 50 recruit. I know Oklahoma has been a major player for her for a while, and Purdue. Apparently Louisville is showing interest now as well as a lot of other schools. Another name to at least keep an eye on is Mackenzie Calvert, a Top 25 player and a PG that decommited recently from Baylor. Apparently she is looking heavily at SEC/ACC schools. Butler is at least following her so worth a mention. UT apparently wants her as well.
  17. Tyree02

Tyree02 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    NaSheema Oliver is down to Georgia, Notre Dame, Florida, Miami and Maryland. I think it's going to be another Georgia and Florida battle...
  18. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +45
    Yes, I believe Nasheema will be at UGA or UF and a good chance that Amber Campbell ends up at the same school. Campbell reeled off UGA, UF, and FSU when asked what schools she was considering... then paused and had to think about the rest. Nasheema's FB says she studied at University of Florida. I know she has been for unofficials and has interacted some with our players on Twitter. UGA I am sure is up there for her too. My guess, and it is definitely a guess. I would say Oliver is a 60-40 lean to UF over UGA and Campbell a 60-40 lean to UGA. Tyree...I have seen your posts on Lander's Lady Dawgs. I hope you are right on Flaherty signing with UGA. I think that could land Campbell at UF with Oliver though. The X-factor for UF is if Victoria Vivian's were to sign. She is definitely a take, and I would imagine she will play the three. We already have Copeland who is really a stretch 4 and Lorenzen who is a 4/5 player. There is room for up to 7 but I don't like big classes and Jonell Williams should be a Gator next year. Really intrigued to see where Butler goes from here with her focus.... Campbell, Jennings, Copeland, Lorenzen, and Oliver was my hope for the class. Vivian's could swap out for one or be a plus one in that scenario.
  19. Tyree02

Tyree02 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    I haven't heard whether or not Amber and NaSheema want to play at the same school. I do know that Georgia has two remaining ships left and Andy wants to land Katelyn Flaherty and NaSheema Oliver. These two kids would give Andy additional talent and potential starters. Florida is doing a great job on the recruiting front. Rumor has it and it's just rumor mill that Georgia leads for NaSheema, but I do know that FLA/UGA will be left standing in the end. I think she will take officials to all 5 schools before making a decision. Same goes for Flaherty. I have no clue where Campbell will end up if Flaherty comes to UGA. Don't rule out Louisville for her
  20. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +45
    I would like Nasheema at UF but depending how the pieces fall I would be okay with her at UGA IF we land Vivians. Vivians, Copeland, and Lorenzen I'd be fine with at 3,4, and 5. Campbell is planning to make a decision in the middle of August. Domino's should start falling soon one way or another.