Women's Recruiting Info 2014

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by EastTNG8TR, Apr 5, 2013.

1. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    I have been trying to post these the last couple of years for those interested in following recruiting on the women's side of things. There is not a lot of information out there at the moment. ESPN HoopGurlz is in a state of flux and several of the recruiting sites you must subscribe to. With that said here is a roster breakdown post 2013-14 and a list of names to keep an eye on in the coming months.

Roster as it looks now after next season... losing Bonds, Svete, and McIntyre if she returns

Guards: Carlie Needles (JR), Cassie Peoples (JR-depending on NCAA appeal possibly SO), January Miller (JR), Sydney Moss (JR), Chandler Cooper (SO), Antoinette Bannister (JR)

Forwards/Centers: Kayla Lewis (SR), Viktorija Dimaite (JR), Christen Mercer (JR), Ronni Williams (SO)

The primary focus should be Post players based on this but I look for at least one guard to transfer out over the next year. There is a lot of talent at the guard position with most of them in the same class....only so much playing time to go around.

Here is the list of names to watch out for....

Haley Lorenzen: 6'3 Post from Iowa City, IA... ESPNHG 4* #7 Post #55 National, BlueStar #51 National..... UF verbal... also considered Iowa State, Northwestern Louisville, Nebraska, Marquette, and Iowa.

Nasheema Oliver: 6'3 Post from Cordele, GA... ESPNHG 3* #10 Post, BlueStar #8 National..... based on Twitter and Facebook this girl is a Gator lean to say the least

Audreyann Caron-Goudreau: 6'3 Forward from Gatineau, Quebec playing at IMG Academy in Florida... FullCourt #50 National... considering TCU, LSU, Florida, Virginia Tech, Texas

Khaleann Caron-Goudreau: 6'3 Forward from Gatineau, Quebec playing at IMG Academy in Florida... FullCourt #50 National... considering TCU, LSU, Florida, Virginia Tech, Texas....twin sister to Audreyann and they are a package deal to wherever they go

Taryn Griffey: 5'7 Point Guard from Orlando, FL... ESPNHG 4* #13 PG #45 National, BlueStar #29 National... Ken Griffey Jr.'s daughter.... would be neat to have Randy Moss and Ken Griffey Jr.'s daughters both on roster

Alexa Middleton: 5'8 Point Guard(ESPN) 5'9 Combo Guard(FullCourt) from Murfreesboro, TN... ESPNHG 4* #4 PG #21 National, BlueStar #23 National, FullCourt #33 National... from Amanda Butler's neck of the woods in TN and friends with current Gator, Chandler Cooper.

Brooke Copeland: 6'2 Post from Cleveland, TN... ESPNHG 3* #10 Post... not much info out there except for some social media... most likely a secondary option to some of the bigger fish on the board

LaKaris Salter: Listed 6'0 - 6'4 Post from Tallahasee, FL... hard to find much information and she is probably a secondary option but if we want her the girl is a Gators fan.

Dominique Simpson: 5'8 Combo Guard from Orlando, FL... ESPNHG 3* #15 Guard... this one is a bit deceiving and not sure of her interest level in different schools at this point...coming off an ACL/MCL injury last year and her stock will go way back up

Keyanna Harris: 6'0 Forward from Rivera Beach, FL... ESPNHG 4* #12 F #46 National... not sure if there is interest on either side but she is a Florida girl so figured she was worth noting.

Mackenzie Engram: 6'2 Forward from Powder Springs, GA... BlueStar #33 National, FullCourt #37 National...not a lot of information on her but a name to at least keep an eye on...highly regarded recruit

Victoria Viviens: 5'11 Wing(ESPN) 6'1 Forward(FullCourt) from Forest, MS... ESPNHG 4* #11 Wing #51 National, BlueStar #102 National, FullCourt #11 National... considering Ole Miss, Miss State, South Carolina, Baylor, Georgia, Louisville, Southern Miss, Stanford, Duke, LSU, Kentucky, Florida

...................................................................................................................................

TeAndrea Smith: 6'1 Forward at Pensacola State College.... very good forward and JUCO All-American.... hard to find school info but would be a huge boost to next year's team as a JR if we are looking at/sign her.

Macy Keen: 6'5 Post transferring from Miami... no information is being leaked yet on this but several places on the net have rumors of Keen leaving Miami, but no schools have been talked about yet as possible destinations. She was ranked #37 in the Class of 2012
  2. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +24
    good compiliation
    thanks for the info
  3. crapgame44

crapgame44 Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Once again EastTNGator does his magic!!! The man is simply a info machine and without him we'd pretty much be lost. The cool thing is that the staff actually reads his info and appreciates it.
  4. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Awesome as usual EastTN!

Here are a few more I saw that we may be in on from a UGA board:

Myisha Hines-Allen, 6'2 W/F from Montclair, NJ. She lists:
    Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Memphis, Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Villanova, Virginia,Virginia Tech and West Virginia.

Alexis Jennings 6'2 F Madison, AL
    She already has multiple offers, including Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Florida State and Middle Tennessee.

Also, Smith did not play this season at Pensacola. I doubt she will reappear at a DI school (if she is even eligible). She was originally part of the HS class of 2008 and has had an interesting journey to completing one year of JuCo play to say the least.

Oliver is the big-time post recruit we need desperately I think. Guessing it will come to down us vs UGA.

Can't imagine we would take both Lorenzen and the Caron Goudreau's, as they are all very similar IMHO, but who knows...
  5. Singaporegator

Singaporegator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +220
    Thanks East,

One correction I think. Sydney Moss will be a soph next year as will Mercer, Miller, Cooper & People's. I think Svete is a RS junior. Is she not coming back? Needles was an injury redshirt last year so I think She is a RS Soph next year. These ladies are very young (still)!

Sent from my iPad using GatorCountry

NM I see you are talking about 2014. Sorry.
  6. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    G2MGA.... I agree. I don't think we'd take commits from Lorenzen., Oliver, and the twins all. My hope is for Lorenzen, Oliver, and one of Middleton/Griffy.
  7. IowaGator

IowaGator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +338
    Lorenzen is an interesting one. Her dad played at Iowa but Bluder is not making major progress with the program. I do not see her going to Iowa State because of her dad. I think her mom was an Iowa athlete as well.

Of the schools left we are the best. She has family in Florida as I recall her saying in her announcement she was choosing UF.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Gator Country
  8. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    Also.... Shakayla Thomas of Alabama is considered a Top 25 recduit by most. 5'11 and strong W/F..... interesting to note her twitter has a picture of her in an orange Gator hoodie.
  9. GatorJeff

GatorJeff Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    East was describing the roster after next season (what it will look like in the 2014-15 season).
  10. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    Rachel Bell, a 5'9 PG out of Cumberland, TN is another name to watch for 2014. She plays for the Tennessee Flight AAU team which is who Alexa Middleton plays for and Chandler Cooper did as well. #42 on Bluestar and stock seems to be rising. Reportedly has offers from Illinois, Florida, Florida State, Syracuse, Louisville, Vanderbilt, and USC. Got to think getting one of Middleton/Bell could help with the other.
  11. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    ESPNW did a little Q&A with our 2014 commit Haley Lorenzen:
    http://espn.go.com/espnw/hoopgurlz/...y-lorenzen-iowa-city-packs-passion-basketball

Also, another name to keep an eye on:
    Amber Campbell from South Carolina (BS#70) - Boston College, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Louisville, Vandy, and Wake Forest. May be underrated - she is one of 4 c/o 2014 kids invited to USA basketball U19 trials, which Sydney Moss is also participating in later this month.
  12. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Taryn Griffey reportedly committed to Arizona. Her brother plays football there.

Strange decision from a girl's basketball perspective for sure. If Arizona fires their coach after next season as many expect, she could be back on the market?
  13. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    Sad to see her off the board but that one doesn't surprise me. I believe most of the effort at PG has focused on Middleton which could be a bit of a risk. We have to beat out UT and Vanderbilt in her own state for her. Nasheema Oliver has an UGA background on Twitter and says studied at University of Florida on Facebook. I'm guessing it is a two team race for her. I am liking what I read more and more on both Rachel Bell and Dominique Simpson and I have seen rankings that now put Khaleann Caton-Goudreau as the top recruit in Florida(twin sister was 4th) with Simpson second. We are also in the final running for Paulina Herself of Sweden, a 6'1 Post for the 2013 class. She just visited UF, Iowa State, Washington, and UCLA.
  14. swampgas44

swampgas44 Member

Ratings Received:
    +49
    Is Vicky McIntyre going to return?
  15. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    Nothing has really been said...from what I have seen online and heard through other sources is more than likely not.
  16. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +24
    what happened w/ mcintyre?
  17. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    Middleton is off the board.... Lady Vol
  18. MJGator8104

MJGator8104 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +133
    Thanks, EastTN.
  19. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    Brittany Jackson, originally from Sebastian River, Florida, is transfering from Georgia Tech. She was ACC All-Freshmen team this past year, number 52 player in her class on HG. She mention UF, FSU, Miami and UT as teams on her radar when she committed to Tech. With FSU and Miami both in the ACC, this could be a girl to keep an eye on... 5'10 Guard... although guard isn't a pressing need by the time she would be eligible Bonds will have graduated and you never know about transfer/injuries/etc.
  20. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    Brooke Copeland is down to Alabama, Ole Miss, Florida, Michigan, and MTSU. She has moved up to a four star player on Prospects Nation. 6'2 PF with a nice 3 pt stroke out of TN.I like our chances with that final list. Bigger upside is that she is good friends and AAU teammates with Rachel Bell and Alexis Jennings. That trio along with current commit Haley Lorenzen would make a great class. Would love those 4 and Nasheema Oliver to fill all the slots but doubt we take a full 5.