Women's Basketball 2013/14 Schedule Out

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by crapgame44, Aug 27, 2013.

1. crapgame44

crapgame44 Member

2. number1

number1 Well-Known Member

The team better take care of business and win a lot of games, because the strength of schedule won't put us in good position for an at-large berth if we are on the bubble again.
  3. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Excited to see the team is playing at Va Tech and Knoxville...two games I should easily be able to attend. The OOC schedule is never grueling for the women, and for good reason. The SEC is tough. That said though... St Johns, Florida State, and potentially Penn State will be tough opponents. A lot of teams in the SEC lost a good bit from last year. Tennessee and Kentucky have the most talent for sure...so many unknowns with our team as well as others. We added three players to the roster that were all higher rated than Moss (Peoples, Bannister, Williams) but I think Dimaite could be an X-factor. She doesn't have to be great, but if she can be serviceable as true 5 it would really help out. We have the talent to make noise this year... where losing Moss and Cooper may hurt is depth. Florida has had horrible luck injury wise the last few years. If the team stays healthy I can see a potential Top 5 finish in conference. This year is pivotal for Butler so can't afford the injury bug.
  4. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

It's a decent schedule, but the problem RPI-wise isn't playing cupcakes, it's playing the really, really bad ones and there a 4 on this schedule that were among the worst in D1 last year: Bethune (318 RPI last year of 345 teams), UNF (277), Kennesaw (320), Troy (297). It may seem unimportant, but could mean needing an extra win that wouldn't otherwise be needed to get into NCAAs or whatever. It's one of the worst schedules in a long time from that standpoint.

It is at least nice to see some quality "name" non-conference home games for the first time in awhile with St. John's and Georgetown in addition to FSU. Those three games along with Illinois State in the Bahamas should really provide the barometer of where the team is at going into SEC play.

The SEC schedule will be a bear as usual - we'll probably again have the toughest in-conference SOS as we have KY and ARK twice in addition to permanent rival UGA.
  5. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

For those that follow the team.... any guesses as to a starting 5 (I know Amanda doesn't emphasize starting but just for fun). I am going to give two....the one I see is most likely (talent,experience) and the one I personally would love to see (talent, size, potential, and more talent off the bench as well).

1. Cassie Peoples
    2. Jaterra Bonds
    3. Antoinette Bannister
    4. Kayla Lewis
    5. Ronni Williams

1. Cassie Peoples
    2. Antoinette Bannister
    3. Kayla Lewis
    4. Ronni Williams
    5. Viktorija Dimaite
  6. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Really hard to know how the pieces will mesh with newcomers and players returning from injury. I feel like it really could be any almost combination (that includes Bonds anyways), depending on who plays well together, etc. I could see this as another season where Amanda tinkers with the starting lineup all season long.

My guess for the opener:
    1. Peoples
    2. Bonds
    3. Svete
    4. Williams
    5. Mercer