Women BB lose again

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by GboroGator, Nov 30, 2013.

1. GboroGator

GboroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +622
    1st game in Bahamas tournament to Illinois State. Fall behind by 14 in the 1st half, lose by 4. Another bad loss on the resume.
  2. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +142
    This was a terrible loss, what has happened to Bannister? No way Butler makes it to next year unless we go on some serious winning streak.

Ronnie Williams will be unbelievable by the time she leaves though, but she needs help inside along with Mercer.
  3. swampgas44

swampgas44 Member

Ratings Received:
    +52
    Bannister has a hand injury, I believe. Gator athlete 'code of secrecy' that all the coaches seem to employ. Keep the fans uninformed to lessen interest in their respective teams. :rolleyes:
  4. G2MGA

G2MGA Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +57
    Got down again but rallied for a 73-70 win over Oregon State in the consolation game. Decent result against a mid-to-low tier Pac12 squad, but there really aren't any more good wins available on the non-conf. schedule to make up for the Ill St loss (just more potential bad losses).

There's still time for the team to round into form by SEC play, but it's not looking good for Butler at this point.
  5. number1

number1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +440
    Yeah we are going to have to win EVERY game against the weaker teams on our schedule, and pull off 3 upsets against the ranked teams in the SEC. We can't afford to lose ANY games against the Ole Miss/Alabama-type teams. During Butler's tenure, we always pull off an upset against LSU or Vanderbilt, and then follow it up a horrible loss to Ole Miss or Auburn. That can't happen this season or we will be back in the WNIT again.
  6. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    This year will decide what happens with Butler. I am a fan of Butler. She has had some very tough luck in her tenure at a place where you can ill afford it. UF isn't exactly a brand name in women's hoops. There have been lots of key injuries and transfers. Regardless of what some media outlets repor, almost all of the transfers were just cases of home sickness and/or personal issues. The one exception was the exodus when Trumae Lucas, Tessa Holt, and Caldwell I think it was transfered. With that said, she has made mistakes as well. You have to recruit Post players and that has been a struggle and my biggest concern is never using a full roster. You have 15 available scholarships....use them. We always seem to have 10-12 players and injuries are going to happen to reduce that number. If Bannister is out for the year, that leaves only 8 players which is not good. I do hope they turn it around and get to the NCAA. Butler has built a very nice foundation of talent, and I hope she reaps the rewards. If not though, this is the year to make a move. Next year's squad will have 2 McD All Americans(should be three) as well as some nice size and depth with the new class. Dimaite at 6'4, Lorenzen at 6'3 and Copeland at 6'2.... I wouldn't be surprised to see another big added in Jocelyn Mousty from Santa Fe CC. A new big name coach could inject some energy and really step into a very nice situation... unlike the disaster Butler had to take over.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. missourigator

missourigator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +135
    A lost to somebody like Troy will be it. Isn't this her 7 year and all we make is excuses.
  8. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR Member

Ratings Received:
    +91
    Loss to Troy isn't likely. Gators on a 21 pt run and up 29-11 early. The team is playing really well tonight.
  9. enviroGator

enviroGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +358
    That was about as ugly of a loss as you can get (Ill St.) . They have beaten no one.... and I mean that literally... except us.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013