Winston Post-Game Interview Hurts Us

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by severnt, Jan 7, 2014.

1. severnt

severnt Member

Ratings Received:
    +47
    We don't know about Lane yet, do we? But yeah, he was one of the guys I had been thinking about as Winston celebrated... wondering if he really was struggling with his decision, last night may have been enough excitement to push him to FSU. I hope not, we obviously could use him immediately.
  2. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,889
    We are questioning a man who behaves how he does and then turns around and talks about how much he loves and thanks God. Actions speak louder than words.
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. llm85

llm85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +544
    Any kid who likes what he says, and respects him and what he says, should become a Semi and not a Gator anyway.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. fox

fox Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +360
    AJ's mom disagrees.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. chunks1

chunks1 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +675
    Immunity from state prosecution is a hell of a recruiting tool.
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. grant1

grant1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +332
    I'll bet he does thank God that he's not on jail!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Stewie4Governor

Stewie4Governor Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +85
    No one mentions how fsu's qb completely fabricated what was said in the huddle. The reporter asks him what was said before the final drive, and fsu's qb could not keep his story straight. fsu's qb probably should have consulted his lawyer first.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,536

Tally = Rape free zone.
  9. cocodrilo

cocodrilo Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +680
    Ditto. I can't imagine why Gator fans would want to stay tuned for such crap. Wasn't the outcome of the game bad enough?
  10. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +267
    Prediction-he will do something stupid ala Johnny FB before next season begins. Entitlement can be a difflecult thing to control. Ask Aaron H.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. severnt

severnt Member

Ratings Received:
    +47
    I didn't think he sounded like he fabricated what was said (and I don't think he was saying it was in the huddle, but with the offense before going back out on the field). I remember it something like, "you strong?", "we're strong if you strong", "den we stroooong!". :) That's what I've been saying in this tread though. Winston is a character. I don't think he makes up shit and I actually think he's really smart, but he's still a 20-year old football player living his dream.

Look, I used to hate FSU in the days of Bowden and seemingly getting away with cheating while being in a crap conference. This year, aside from the rape allegation and supposed sex parties (which if I was him, I'd probably be living it up too!), there really isn't a lot you can point and frown upon for college football as these guys are NOT a bunch of thugs (like at times FSU has been, Miami has been, and even at times UF has bordered on). I do hope if a crime was committed by Winston that the victim receives justice, but I don't know the details about that, none of us really do aside from bits and pieces from biased parties. Do you jump to conclusions just because it is a FSU player? What if it were Percy Harvin? You'd probably defend him a bit more and appreciate what the kid just accomplished.
  12. severnt

severnt Member

Ratings Received:
    +47
    Back to the subject of this tread though, my point was that an amazing freshman QB was just on TV, holding the national championship trophy, talking about the greatness of FSU football and it's coach. He didn't deliver that message to a wide audience like a Tebow may have been able to do, but like a young football player pretty fresh out of high-school would. I'm just saying, if I were a high-school recruit, it would have gotten me a little juiced about possibly playing with those guys (mostly Winston, Benjamin). Then again, many of those recruits (like Lane) could be warming the FSU bench or playing as a starter here because we're not going to have much seniority with the new offense being installed. I'm sure everyone earns a starting position this year and that will include incoming Freshmen being given a very fair shot and in some positions, just one man to beat for a starting position in the SEC.
  13. G8R8U2

G8R8U2 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +261
    If I was the parent of a blue-chip athlete watching that interview, not to mention learning of the Winston revelations and cover-up, I wouldn't let my child anywhere near FSU... it's pretty clear nothing has changed since they were last put on probation.