will the obama admin be ready this Sept 11

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Aug 29, 2014.

1. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,152
    Nice.
  2. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    When Obama cows us (with IRS, NSA, EPA, etc.), do they lose? :)
  3. thedude60

thedude60 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +516
    When the Sultans of Swat in Saudi beg the west to get their Chit together now,,, The entire Government is sleeping at the wheel. Most serious threat to America EVER. These guys are western educated, with knowledge, a network of scientists, and money to burn. The Caliphate should be 50% destroyed by now, for the good of the world, including most Muslims. Get your CHIT together yesterday you pieces of crap in DC.. Are we waiting for the Sum of All Fears or the Last Ship ? Wake your sorry asses up, all of you so called politicians.
  4. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,171
    if they are such a threat why isn't the countries of SA and Jordan stepping up and doing something about. We can not fight their religious war.
  5. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,386
    It's funny how the same people who harp on 4 dead Americans as Obama's fault have no such qualms with 3000 dead Americans on Bush's watch.
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +157
    Actually, the terrorist attack on the Beirut embassy in 1983 was preceded by a terrorist attack on the Marine baracks in the same area by the same group in 1982.
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +380
    No, unfortunately, WE lose. Obama is a bigger threat to our freedom than the Muslim terrorists and he is inflicting longer term damage to our nation. IMHO
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +157
    You are aware that the spying on US citizens by the NSA, IRS, FBI, etc, preceded the Obama administration by years, if not decades? In fact, I recall a number of conservatives who regularly post to this board defending warrantless surveillance under the administration of Obama's predecessor.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. ironhead1

ironhead1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +283
    Funny how you conveniently forget the master minds in this country and the planning for 9/11 that went on under the nose of the adulterous draft dodging liar.....Clinton.

Keep reaching though....I get a laugh out of you trying to make some kind of point.
  10. chemgator

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    GWB took it to a whole new level with the construction of the massive NSA site in Utah (or Colorado?). But the Freedom Death Star wasn't made fully operational until Obama was in office. Obama had a choice to reduce funding for NSA, or make the Death Star fully operational. Obama could have used some of the building's square footage for computerizing the VA's medical records, if he was interested in reforming medical care. He chose to make the Death Star fully operational, while allowing servicemen to die from poor government health care.
  11. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,386
    Yes, no matter when an attack occurs the nearest Democrat is to blame.

Never mind that Bush's white whale type obsession with Saddam lead him to ignore AQ to our peril.
  12. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,285
    They never stepped up when al-Qaeda formed their terrorist training camps in Afghanistan and that sure as heck came to haunt us. It's quite obvious you have not learned the lessons of the past. When have been warned by these guys that they're coming for us. You may not believe it, however the threat was made and more than once.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  13. chemgator

Ratings Received:
    +1,173
    Do you hold Lincoln and FDR responsible for all the Americans that died "on their watch"? LBJ was in charge of Vietnam when most of the 58,000 soldiers were killed. You must really hate him.

And if you are referring to the 3,000 who died in 9-11, you might want to think about holding Clinton partially responsible for that. Clinton failed to knock out bin Laden. And Clinton installed Louis Freeh as head of the FBI, who proceeded to destroy the focus, morale, and sense of mission for the organization, leading to middle managers wringing their hands worried about the legal rights of the terrorists before the attack, and committing treason to try to manipulate Congress to score additional funding after the attack.

Conservatives believe that Obama should have done something to try to save the Benghazi victims. They were in a firefight for several hours, and all Obama could think about was his fund-raising trip in Vegas. If he ordered military aircraft to approach Libya, and then called them back if it was too late (before they crossed the border), then we would accept that he did everything he could. He did nothing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. 96Gatorcise

Ratings Received:
    +1,171
    its not that I dont believe what they are saying. Its more that I do not care. I wont be scared into a chicken little mentality. Our response to 9/11 has cost 10x more in lives and money than the original offense ever did. Our economy in ruins, our freedoms being restrained by our own country. Thats what they wanted, to lets us destroy ourselves through fear from within.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +842
    Jesus H Christ fred....will you EVER get your head wrapped around reality and out of wherever you have buried it?? It doesn't matter who YOU want to blame for 911 back in '01....or even when Clinton failed miserably to take out OBL back in the 90s. None of that matters at this stage in the world game. How friggin hard is it for you to grasp this simple fact???

What does matter is NOW. What matters is CURRENT---certainly not your childish blame game of always deflecting back to your 'blame Bush' mantra. Give it a rest as you have breached the ludicrous point and are now exceeding the embarrassing stage. Give some thought to how YOUR messiah will deal with the upcoming Sept 11 date, as this could be a very, very serious anniversary date. This is likely the most dangerous one we have had since 2001 considering all the current world affairs. I realize your boy doesn't seem to be as concerned as most folks here in this country, but at the very least YOU should be just like the rest of us are.

For God sake knock it off with the Bush crap. None of that matters going forward.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  16. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,285
    Extremely short sighted, 9/11 was not the only event planned in the ME.
    So was the 1993 WTC bombing, the bombing of our embassies in Kenya and Tanzania as well as the USS Cole. ISIS makes direct threats and you say you don't care? If your solution is to just keep taking the hits and not do anything about it, that isn't the way to go.
  17. 96Gatorcise

Ratings Received:
    +1,171
    My solution is to keep on living my life not in fear of what ISIS may or will do. I get it you are scared it is ok. But its not a reason to go to war again.

America is doing something. We are hitting them with airstrikes and supplying local fighters to be our boots on the ground. If small surgical strikes by SF occur that is also a good thing by me. Putting large numbers of ground troops and equipment into the area should not even be an option at this point.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. mutz87

mutz87 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +533
    Fear is what gets us into unnecessary wars. Fear is what actually leads to terrorists winning on some levels because it greases the acquiescence of the public to accept an ever exploding security state and a continued chipping away at rights, i.e. increasing the power of the government. Fear is what turns ordinary freedom into suspicion around every corner and trumped up bogeyman in the night.

You are spot on. We aren't doing nothing. That is completely false assertion for others to claim. We just aren't doing what some want, which is to basically rush headlong into quagmire.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  19. 96Gatorcise

Ratings Received:
    +1,171
    If we really wanted to do something, it should start by doing everything we can to ween ourselves off ME oil. A strong, sound and long term Energy Independence policy would do far more than any "nation building" or large military assault in the ME would do for our security.
  20. mutz87

mutz87 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +533
    I tend to believe there is another reason. It's not so much that we over-rely on ME oil for our own needs (though we should try to limit consumption generally), but that it's in ours/the world's interest to have stable markets for which if it's disrupted by the instability in the ME, it will/does have serious economic and geopolitical ripple effects well beyond it.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    • Like Like x 1