Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORAZ, Aug 18, 2013.
replay from june
this was the first time the actual produced show was on TV show was on tv.
Will Grier got a lot of TV time probably more than anybody else,well besides Dilfer
Have this dvr'd for midnight tonight. I keep missing it!
Grier was given a lot of time yes and it was well deserved.
Just got done watching and Will is going to do great things for us. I for one am glad he's going to be a Gator.
Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry
More athletic than I expected, very nice prospect
I still keep missing this thing, but I have seen Grier play at the opening, and he was impressive at it, so I think our Qb situation is in good hands.
The kid has an arm!
Yes he does and he's very accurate
Doesn't have Jeff's raw talent but man he's so, so consistent-- its not a jaw-dropping play and then a head scratcher, he's just accurate and on-- this a QB you can open it up and throw it 25 times a game with.
Just finished watching it. Things I came away with:
* Grier looks like the real deal. Athletic, great arm, smart, humble... I could go on...
* I became a Dilfer fan.
* UGA's QB talks like he's from the projects in Compton.
I have a good feeling about our boy Grier. HUGE get.
He's played QB longer than Jeff already. His dad is his coach and I think a former QB. Not the size or top end speed, but has uncanny accuracy and touch. One thing that is seldom mentioned, but in his SPARQ workout he ran a sub four second 20 yard shuttle. That is beyond freaskish and indicates some quick twitch ability and stop and go agility, which should translate to esacapability and great first, second step speed. We're talking .4 faster than Harvin in that event.
Back to passing, you need to see him in The Opening. I think he showed up bigger there, especially with future teammate Ermon Lane catching his passes. Started a little wobbly but by the end looked like the best QB out there, if not the biggest or fastest. He's very quick upstairs, which has been lacking since Leak or even Grossman. His form is the best since Grossman, though Driskel is pretty good there.
No worries about low level competition among small schools in NC. He schooled some big time QBs. He's got Danny's knack for finding the end zone, no matter how far out he is.
He is a great prospect, but he will wait for when Jeff's name is called in round 1.
Can't wait for him to get on campus. He'll be special. Best prospect we have had since Tebow.
Fyi...The Opening will be played again on ESPNU in the next week or so for those who haven't seen it. I don't recall the date.
I like watching The Opening later in the summer when we have a better idea where most kids are going to school. Makes it more interesting.
Better still, right after the high school all star games. Except for the QBs, some of these kids won't decide until then.
After watching the Elite 11 show I have a few observations :
1) Trent Dilfer seems like a cool dude. He truly seems to care for those kids.
2) The UGA QB did come across as a punk. he said initially he was going to turn down his invite. hates going to camps. nice!
3) Will Grier is going to be a beast at UF. The kid gets it. Dilfer said something along the line of; no one is more in the moment than Grier. His focus and concentration is second to none. He may not have the physical tools Driskel has but in my opinion he's seems ahead of Jeff mentally. WRs should be falling all over themselves to play with Will.
4) I like watching Sean White throw the football.
5) I did a little reading after I watched the show and the kid going to Purdue seems legit.
6) The kid going to Arizona State wasn't very impressive
7) The kid going to Clemson is fun to watch. And he sounds like a wonderful kid. His mom has tongue cancer...it was a touching story. I hope the kid balls out at Clemson.