Will GC be banned from UF Football?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msa3

msa3 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +899
    I have no proof of this at all, but I do know how coaches think.

I think GC was right. WM saw it and rescinded the suspension so he could have a way to attack the media that had been piling on this summer -- either that, or the story was a plant in the first place. GC is a easy target because it's just a bunch of guys doing their best, as opposed to part of a media conglomerate. WM and UF has gotten bad press all summer, and this was an easy way to blow off some steam, but more importantly, show the press corps that he's not going to take criticism of his program, himself or his players quietly. It's the same instinct that makes him explode at a player on the sideline, an instinct I'd hoped he would grown out of.

I might be wrong, but the whole thing seems a bit rehearsed to me -- that after the season's first game he had the wherewithal to comment on a web story that broke just the day before. I remember SOS did the same thing after one of those -- taking the chance to (wrongly) criticize the student section.

And for the record, even if CG was wrong, shame on him for this crap. The adult thing to do is say something like "I wish they'd be a little bit more sure, but that's the price we pay for being as popular as we are" instead of acting like everyone owes it to him to kowtow. Let's not forget in this situation that he said Wednesday that there would be no more suspensions, and there were four. It's not like he's providing real accurate information out there.

But what the hell. It's his team, he can run it the way he sees fit. At least until he can't.
  2. col_kurtz

col_kurtz Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +70
    Did Gander Mountain have a special on $hi+ paddles this weekend? Old news.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.