why was murphy a 2 star?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by mroberts220, Sep 22, 2013.

1. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +620
    Yeah well, its not debateable. I remember being on tigerdroppings during recruiting season and especially after the allstar games. It was concesnus there by all SEC fans VH3 was the best corner prospect not come of out of florida in years, but in HS period in years. Whatever, this horse is beaten to a pulp.
  2. rogocop

rogocop Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +199
    He is a game manager and game managers rarely draw 4 or
    5 stars
  3. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +500
    Got it. Passing off opinions as fact. That's cool. Just glad to know where we stand.
  4. acegator

acegator Member

Ratings Received:
    +29
    Has AZ ever told us how he knows so much about recruiting?
  5. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +500
    He just spends more time following it than even most hardcore recruitniks. He doesn't have inside sources if that's what you're asking.
  6. Gatorphenom

Gatorphenom New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    REP
  7. whitelakegator

whitelakegator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +20

JD critics you mean? Bashers? That seems like a blanket statement, no?
  8. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    Sure ... "critics" is perhaps a better word choice but still ironic and hypocritical in my opinion ... nature of the beast, I guess.
  9. GatorByte

GatorByte Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    We could just focus on the Murphy bashers here. Just before the season started in fact, AZ had some pretty kind words for him. Hard to believe he got away with it, but he flat out referred to everybody behind Driskel as "garbage".

Pretty strong words imo.
  10. bullish

bullish Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    I questioned if JD was going to be rushed back in when he wasn't healthy enough, but the JD 5* man love was he is our only choice. Well, he wasn't ready, and what I worried about happened. We had no choice but to let TM play. Star of the game without a doubt.

It shows me and should show the coaches that when a QB is struggling for whatever reason, you play someone else for a couple of series and let the starter rest and think about what is working and not, then when he has been coached up, if the backup hasn't lit up the scoreboard, the starter can go back to work on getting better and getting in the endzone.

We have a coach with training wheels and is learning as he goes. That is alright, but he has to learn some lessons which is painful to watch ie the Miami game. Overall Tyler gained a lot of respect for his ability and even Boom gave him accolades. I think everyone has to be amazed at his touch passing the ball. Now get Demarcus back and work the freshmen receivers into the game plans quickly because there is little time before the opposition will be tough.

I think Tyler being a senior helped him and JD will learn some lessons from his injury also. I hope he keeps a positive outlook and learns from Tyler, that it is paramount to get plays recognized as quick as possible and improvise when a play is not there.

Who cares if someone on here is not all aboard the Tyler Murphy show. Let them drown in their own misery. The majority of us will be hoisting our favorite beverages to the 2* that hardly nobody wanted and watch someone who is a steady QB and one who can pass with touch and run when needed. I know the Gator teammates are behind him and will get better with Tyler at the helm. Tennessee came to play and let it all hang out, we had our hands full until Super T got the ship stabalized. If Florida is to have a good year, Tyler is the man. Let's all hope he can stay healthy.
  11. gator7_5

gator7_5 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +620
    Tyler is a RS Jr. It's my hope Jeff only plays again in a back-up role. Not because I don't like him, Ive always been a fan, but because I hope TM blows up and is an ALL SEC QB when the season is over.