Why does the Left hate homeschooling

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by JerseyGator01, Jan 15, 2014.

1. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,321
    Because it has laws that stop me from beating my wife.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. ursidman

ursidman Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,264
    Interesting. Just yesterday I was contacted by a home-schooler mom who was requesting a science presentation at a weekly group meeting of 10-12 home-schoolers. She said this was "her week" to teach science at the weekly get together. I have no idea if they homeschool due to religious reasons, left leanings, or uber-smart kids I just never say no to kids and I'm looking forward to it.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +842
    You will no doubt enjoy the experience, ursidman. What is your profession? Why do you think she asked you to do this? Did she offer to compensate you? If you can, for my own curiosity, see if you can find out who supplies most of their curriculum. There is a supplier called Vision Forum that is owned and run by a Christian Dominionist and supporter of the Quiverfull movement. My son's family does not use any of their resources.

My son is a surgeon and when it's his turn he does something related to biology. They told me about another session related to mining and energy that was taught by a mining engineer who has children in the group. I don't have any details on the presentations / classes conducted by the other parents when it is their turn. Other than hiring the Spanish teacher, I don't think they have reached outside their circle.
  4. Emmitto14050

Emmitto14050 Roxanne: Laser Pointer Hunter VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +46
    Come on fast, it doesn't stop you, it just potentially punishes you. I think lack of commitment to the cause is your problem!
  5. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,308
    i imagine it's impossible to accurately compare the two
  6. ursidman

ursidman Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,264
    I will do that lacuna (assuming i can remember). I am a wildlife researcher and she found me through a website or calling around - I got a call from a colleague in a different city who was contacted. I do this 6 or 8 times a year in traditional schools. This is just the first time it has been for home schoolers.