Why do we want to shorten games?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by HungaryGator, Oct 15, 2013.

1. MaceoP

MaceoP Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +133
    No matter what style of offense you run, you have to be proficient at it to be successful.
    Oregon does a great job with their O. There are many teams that run a fast break O that are not as successful. Likewise, Bama's O is very good consistently. They run more of a TOP O.

In order to run a TOP O, you still must take some shots down field and have a balanced attack.

IMO, the debate over style vs execution is a valid debate. I believe if we were proficient, had above average O line play, and had balance in our attack, we could be dominant with a TOP offense. I'm not a proponent of the TOP offense, but it can't be dismissed as something that won't work.

The problem we have is our execution and balance is not where it needs to be. The obvious debate is... coaching, talent, play calling, etc..

Is our lack of a vertical passing game due to poor O Line protection, or, is our poor O Line protection due to a lack vertical passing game and the opposing D stacking the box?

The reality is we can all speculate but we just don't know.
  2. KronoGator

KronoGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +508
    I think Arnsparger wanted Pete Archer, his guy from LSU.
  3. HungaryGator

HungaryGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +77
    Mike Archer. That's what I heard and MY GOD would that have been a disaster. Archer recruited LSU right into the ground and it took them until hiring Saban in 2000 to finally climb out of the hole he put them in. Arnsparger was a douche. I was so glad to be in the stadium so I could personally stand and boo him with all my might (along with everyone else) during the celebration of our 2nd SEC title after the Kentucky Game in 1991. As joyous as the crowd was and as heartily as we cheered everything else, we still gave him a rousing "boo" to let him know that he would never be accepted or liked by Gators everywhere. He was out as AD within the year.