Why are so many players leaving the team?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by WillyG8r13, Jan 1, 2014.

1. swampbabe

swampbabe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +698
    Venting is one thing and to be expected, for sure. Spewing rumors detrimental to the program with nothing to back it up is different, in my opinion.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,469
    And you haven't told us what Grays posts are doing to harm the program. Again, this is a MESSAGE BOARD. People post for various reasons, one of which is venting. I respect you protecting your sources. I have no idea who Gray's sources are, but it's up to him to decide whether or not to share. I expect he's been pretty vague in order to honor that trust.

But I agree that the comments about Muschamp's character, whether valid or not, were inappropriate.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. swampbabe

Ratings Received:
    +698
    Calling our coach a "shady character" goes beyond the typical venting/bitching, IMO. Oh, and I am well aware that this is a message board, I'm a Gator Grad, after all.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,469
    Yeah, I edited my previous post. I agree that the character comments are inappropriate and would expect the mods to clean that up.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. swampbabe

Ratings Received:
    +698
    I just think that in the thick of an important recruiting period that maybe we should tone it down a bit, at least until the Orange and Blue game, if we have one :D
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,469
    @swampbabe , BTW, I also believe that even though we disagree about how we express ourselves, we all ultimately want the same thing….the best for our program. Hopefully we'll soon get back to a place where we're all happy again! Go Gators!
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. gatorich

gatorich Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +832
    I didn't realize I had said we had lost recruits, had transfers, penalties....etc. due to Gray's posts. I'm not putting Gray on ignore because I normally like reading his posts. I have said how I feel about the state of our program after the Vandy game, that's was the last straw for me. In MY opinion WM should have been gone, but that is Foley's call, not mine. I have absolutely no control or say-so in the decision, so I will support Florida - the football team - Foley - and our coach, Will Muschamp. What I don't understand is the constant referrals to what is taking place on the team from supposed inside sources. That's not just expressing an opinion or blowing steam, that's making a claim without any way of backing it up with proof. With all the crap that gets spread around on these forums I don't take anybodies "in-side sources" as fact. Gray has always been one of my favorite posters but I just don't get what posting about issues on the team, with no proof of fact, is supposed to accomplish.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    This is exactly right.
  9. GatorSean

GatorSean Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,031

Especially when nothing he says is verifiable one way or the other.

If we we keep Lane, he'll say he was right because he said the coaches are trying to get him back.
    If we lose Lane, he'll say he was right because of the locker room issues from sources that only he has.
    What actual information has he posted that he could be wrong about? Everything he says is double-sided so he can claim to be right (and he'll definitely let us know how right he is) regardless of what actually happens.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,626
    OK, so I combed through most of the thread--now I admit, I haven't been keeping up with much with recruiting--but yesterday, I get an email from Scout.com saying we got a new recruit sign up. I open it, and we got this FIVE STAR STUD DE from New Orleans, and that our class is ranked 11.

...yet from reading this thread, I was expecting to find us in the upper teens at best, perhaps in the 20's or out.

So what's with all the talk about losing recruits? Seems to me, we're doing all right.

(^^^sincere question).
  11. fljim

fljim Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +207
    Pls give me a hint, is it bigger than a breadbox?
  12. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Agree