Why are so many players leaving the team?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by WillyG8r13, Jan 1, 2014.

1. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,379
    The problem isn't the discussion... it's the incessant bitching. Like middle school drama queens as bigleezard pointed out. And I'm not talking about you specifically, as I haven't noticed that from you, but there are quite a few posters on here that think if they keep kicking and screaming, somehow Muschamp will just disappear.... and there will be no adverse impacts of their relentless bitching.

Doesn't do anyone any good. Of course, telling middle schoolers that the drama queen stuff isn't doing them any good, doesn't stop them from doing it either. Unfortunately, there's not an on/off switch for emotional maturity.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. ACmann

ACmann Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +321
    Beware of front runners.
  3. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +314
    when you are the new bottom dweller in the SEC people sometimes want to fight their way out of the perceived mediocrity...instead of being part of the solution they too become part of the problem. I can't blame anyone for leaving this team after what we went through this year-new coaching, new philosophy, new coaches and winning will help.
  4. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,423
    Exactly the point I was making in a post a while back. Our D was very good, but waiting 38 seconds to snap the ball on most every offensive play padded the defensive numbers somewhat. I expect our D to be very good again in 2014, but with far less impressive stats if we indeed go uptempo as we've been told.
  5. KronoGator

KronoGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,472
    The real reason players are leaving...

No orange jerseys.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,979
    Excellent post rserina, however, having the title of head coach makes him accountable for all phases of the game and while I believe he runs an excellent defense, even with depth issues the whole season, he is also responsible for the offense and special teams which was sorely lacking..the biggest question that remains is that was this season an aberration or a trend and the only thing that is going to be able to answer this question is the 2014 season.
  7. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,005

There's nothing "negative" at all about what I'm saying... I'm stating the truth here. We have a HBC that we the fans (at least for the most part), don't see what he's really like. We see the cleaned up, stable, informative, friendly HBC like on the Florida Football show... we're not seeing the one the players know.

It's getting to the point where the chaos and division Muschamp has created in our locker rooms has cost us the recruitment of Dalvin Cook too. Might cost us with Ermon Lane too, but from what I've heard, the coaches are scrambling to salvage that. I hope somehow we can get Cook back, but he didn't even want to talk to Muschamp on the phone after he switched to fsu, because he knows of the problems inside the UF program right now and wants nothing to do with the drama there.

Some can say I'm "rumor-mongering" all they want, and that's fine if they don't want to believe it, but as history has shown, while I've been posting on one variation of GC or the other since the mid '90's, I havge rarely, rarely, been inaccurate concerning information like this within the UF program.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,005

Not bashing anyone, just pointing out fact about what's going on within our program. Telling the truth is "bashing" now is it? Why, because it's something you don't want to hear? Sorry, but what I've repeated here is fact, not bashing.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,423
    My question is what does it hurt? How many recruits have we lost because of Gray's posts? How many transfers gave Gray as the reason they transferred? How many penalties have Gray's posts caused? Fumbles? Interceptions? Losses? Injuries?

I get that many don't like the perceived negativity, but some of us appreciate the information. If you don't like it, simply add the poster to your ignore list. It's really easy to do.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. swampbabe

swampbabe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +691
    What "information" are you appreciating, exactly?
  11. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,423
    What difference does it make to you what information I appreciate?

Gray has long provided information about the program that I find interesting. If you don't then feel free to not read what he says. You do have that option.

GatorAZ provides tons of information on recruiting. I strongly disagree with many of his opinions, but he has the right to post them. I still enjoy his participation on this message board.

Some of us feel that blindly supporting a regime we think is bad for our program is far more damaging to the program than voicing displeasure. I get that you disagree. It's a freaking message board…this is what happens.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,320
    It's amazing how many posters want to tell other posters how or what to post or what not to post. This is a football forum, we all don't have to march to the same beat, and if you think a player isn't going to commit or a player is leaving the team based on such forums then show me the evidence.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. swampbabe

Ratings Received:
    +691
    You missed the point. The moon is made of green cheese, did you appreciate that information?
  14. ApexNC

ApexNC Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,423
    No, you missed the point. You may want to bury your head in the sand and sing kumbaya..which is fine. I'm interested in information a long time, respected poster has about our program. Of course, I don't take everything ANYBODY says as 100% truth, but I do enjoy reading differing opinions. If you want nice, neat epistemic closure, just put us all on ignore.
  15. BastogneGator

BastogneGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814
    I think we can prove the moon is not made of green cheese. We cannot necessarily prove or disprove what Gray, or frankly all of us, speculate about on here
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. swampbabe

Ratings Received:
    +691
    I'm not burying my head in the sand, far from it. I can tell you that I know people in the program as well and if they told me something in confidence I sure as hell wouldn't post it here. Y'all still haven't told me what good your constant bitching is doing for the program AT THIS TIME. Although I guess it's better than kicking your dog.
  17. Brewski

Brewski Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +326
    Sousa must have ignored all these supposed problems in the program when he switched from the Noles to us.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Brewski

Brewski Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +326
    Willis must have ignored all the alleged problems too tonight.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,320
    Babe, in a way there is venting being done and what better place to do it. I know I do a ton of venting and I'm pretty sure my beagle is happier about that.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. gatorgrad92

gatorgrad92 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +478
    But then she wouldn't have anything to bitch about.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1