Who is crazier..Biden or Grayson?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by FlyingGatorII, Mar 28, 2014.

?

Who is crazier..Biden or Grayson?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2014.
  1. Biden

14.3%
  2. Grayson

85.7%
  1. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    Uh, most undocumented workers are not paying taxes other than sales taxes. If they cannot get a social security card and be e-verified, they are likely being paid under the table or in cash.
  2. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +781
    Haven't businesses resisted using e-verified?
  3. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +522

Sorry Nana.. I meant you voted for Grayson in this poll i.e he is crazier than Biden, not that you voted for him in an election. How many crimes are committed every day by those who claim desperation and that they were just trying to provide a better way of life for their family? Many likely are but it does not excuse the crime. They certainly don't get to keep the cash they stole at gunpoint just because they were desperate. It's why we have laws. In answer to your last point, the whole point here is Biden said they are already citizens, which is crazy IMO.
  4. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +781
    I didn't vote in this poll.

Is it fair to compare a crime committed at gunpoint with illegally entering the U.S.?
  5. harwil

harwil Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +130
    Anybody who says to an Afro-American audience , in referring to the Republicans as "They goin' to put y'all back in chains" borders on "batsh*t crazy " in any reasonable person's mind.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +979
    Not true, but we can save that for another discussion.
  7. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +522
    Goodness Nana! I should have used the wink icon. I was trying to lighten up the thread a little with the Grayson talk. My bad..;)

You seem to advocate giving criminals amnesty and letting them keep what they stole because they were desperate and wanted to give their family a better life. Where would you draw the line on what they used to break the law? Hard question I know which is why I say never allow criminals to get away with breaking the law, and never reward them by letting them keep what they tried to steal. KISS method makes it a lot easier IMO
  8. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +781
    Respectfully disagree:

From NPR News, this is ALL THING CONSIDERED. I'm Robert Siegel.

MELISSA BLOCK, HOST:

And I'm Melissa Block. We begin with the week in politics and an announcement from the White House about immigration policy. The Obama administration has deported a record number of illegal immigrants, more than any previous administration, but now, the president says he's considering more humane options. As NPR's Scott Horsley tells us, that's likely to cheer immigration activists and anger some congressional Republicans.

SCOTT HORSLEY, BYLINE: The White House said the only way to fix what it calls the country's broken immigration system is with comprehensive legislation. But while the Senate has passed a bipartisan bill, there's no sign of movement in the Republican-controlled House, so White House spokesman Jay Carney says the Homeland Security secretary, Jay Johnson, will look for steps the administration can take on its own.

JAY CARNEY: What the president has asked Secretary Johnson to do is to insure that within the confines of the law, we are carrying out these policies in the most humane way possible because he is very cognizant of the pain that families who are separated have been feeling as a result of deportations.

HORSLEY: Nearly two million illegal immigrants have been expelled from the country on Obama's watch and the president's been under mounting pressure from immigration activists to dial that back.

http://www.npr.org/2014/03/14/29024...tations-obama-may-turn-to-more-humane-options

In one term, the Obama Administration has deported roughly 80 percent the number of immigrants the George W. Bush administration deported in two.

Much more at this link:
    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/Obama-administration-tops-its-own-deportation-record/
  9. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +781

Keeping it simple and deporting millions of illegal immigrants may not be an easy remedy or one you'd really want to contemplate. Can you imagine the cost to process and deport this many people....what kind of humanitarian disaster would this cause? What would be the cost to the businesses that hire low-wage, no benefit illegals? What would be the impact to our economy?
  10. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,931
    I still think, and considering the current environment in the world, that the only automatic path to citizenship should be serving in the military. Let's say a guy has a family, and he goes ahead and enlists. Issue him, his wife, and any children temporary green cards, and at the end of his service all of them get citizenship. if he decides to go career, more power to him. Same if there is a woman who wants to join and has a family.

That is the only path but I would be comfortable with saying okay, give them their citizenship. Because at least that way, they have put some effort, blood, sweat, into serving the country that they want to be a part of.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +979
    Nana,

UNlike with previous administrations, the Obama administration counts a "deported" those aliens who are caught at, or just prior to, crossing the border. Once again, the Obama administration has mislead you. Don't feel bad. You're not alone.

http://cis.org/ICE-Illegal-Immigrant-Deportations
  12. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    None that I know of...maybe those that hire people off the books but eVerify is required.

"U.S. law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States – either U.S. citizens, or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization. This diverse workforce contributes greatly to the vibrancy and strength of our economy, but that same strength also attracts unauthorized employment.

E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify is fast, free and easy to use – and it’s the best way employers can ensure a legal workforce."
  13. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +781
    E-verify is not required of businesses in FL.....only state agencies.

Florida Governor Rick Scott has signed an executive order that requires all state agencies to use E-Verify. Florida joins a growing number of states that have some version of a mandatory E-Verify law or executive order. Executive Order No. 11-02 requires state agencies to use the E-Verify system to verify employment eligibility of state employees and contractors.

https://www.verifyi9.com/state-laws/florida-everify/

Illegal immigrants have a strong new ally in Florida: the governor.

Rick Scott recently made that clear when he promised agriculture interests that he'd allow them to continue hiring illegal workers.

Technically, Scott didn't grant them a pardon. But he may as well have. He announced that he has abandoned his promise to force Florida companies to use E-Verify — the federal database that helps companies determine whether they are making legal hires.

[​IMG]
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...0627_1_e-verify-rick-scott-illegal-immigrants
  14. beanfield

beanfield Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +135
    How in the F**k can we put somebody like Biden a heartbeat away from the Presidency??

Oh ,my bad. Look who we have now....
  15. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,286