Who has developed?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Tasselhoff, Nov 12, 2013.

1. BastogneGator

BastogneGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +822
    I understand but shouldn't player development be demonstrable in the aggregate?
  2. ltraz

ltraz Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +248
    I didn't read through every response so I apologize for redundancy...This topic can obviously be easily argued either way and, in my opinion, saying everyone or noone is silly. Here are a few that I think stand out:

Trey Burton. He's had an impact his whole career, but he's 'developed' into a wr the past year or two. He's obviously not a true wr, which makes it all the more impressive. His route running and especially is D recognition have to be spot on for him to compensate for a lack of speed and they have been.

DJ. He came in as a very undersized tackle with good feet. A chunk of this credit goes to Dillman who got him ready for SEC play by his sophomore year.

Ajagbe. This may be a weird pick bc he hasn't done a whole lot, but I think that blame falls on Pease more than his position coach. He came to UF as a very raw OLB and stayed that way for 3 yrs. He got switched over to FB and was ready to contribute on the opening drive of the season. A better OC would have him more involved.

I think the biggest one on D is Orr. He came in after having played basically no DT in highschool and is a solid starter this year. He's actually shown improvement every single year and I expect him to be a pre-season all-SEC mention next year. He's no Easley, but he also came in as a 3 star.

Purifoy. Another one that may seem weird until you remember that two years ago he was an athlete that wasn't really seen until the bowl game. I'm in the camp of not agreeing with the hype, but noone can honestly say he didn't go from an athlete with no technique to a starting SEC CB.

It's hard to put a freshman on this list (who knows what they were coming in), but I think it's safe to say no one expected 3 star recruit Davis to be ready to contribute in the case of Morrison being out and Anzalone being slowed by the shoulder.