White People Crazy

Discussion in 'The GatorTail Pub' started by deebo65, Jan 16, 2014.

1. deebo65

deebo65 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,265
    I know I know, move to Too Hot... Mod's please let it stay unless absolutely necessary.
    Warning, lol, it is rap so try and take that out of the equation if you oppose that genre in general

I first heard this on my way into the office today and it made me laugh. When I got in I pulled this up and actually listened to the words and definitely thought it was funny. It doesn't offend me in any way what so ever. I don't think nor do I want the "well if a white guy did this about black people" blah blah blah; but I am curious what my pub friends think about a few things. We are a hodgepodge mix of people of various age, gender and races so, to me, it is a good group. Plus, I like you much more than many of the blowhards I read while lurkingin too hot.... So here goes

1. do you find it funny?
    2. does it offend you at all? if so, why?
    3. if a white guy/girl made a similar song re black people, do you think it would be well received by them and do you think they would see it as a parody and find it humorous as it is intended?

Here's what I can't decide on.... Is this going to be one of the things that clearly, to most people, white or black, should be viewed as funny and help us both be able to laugh at ouselvs as well as each other? Or, is this one of those things that is going to get twisted around by idiots into some bigass ordeal and made into some form of media that further seperates us?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. NitroSmoke

NitroSmoke Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +66
    I thought it was funny. He called quite a few black people "white" during the video. You have to take it into context with the video as well.
  3. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,815
    Hilarious, and that's all it should be considered, but alas: this is destined for TH in 3... 2... 1...
  4. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,952
    Thank goodness it is funny. Otherwise unlistenable. Sorry - just way too low on my optimal complexity scale.

Oh, and not offensive. As for white folks doing a similar video, there are many factors that would influence how it would be received. Daniel Tosh gets away with racist bits because he's just darn funny. Similar type thing with Dave Chappelle, though he consistently made fun of all races. It's gotta be totally over-the-top and blatantly wrong to be accepted, imo. Any hint of seriousness and it runs the risk of being deemed genuine bigotry.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. kurt_borglum

kurt_borglum VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +817
    It is true that you rarely if ever see some black kid killing themselves on a skateboard, jumping off buildings, setting off fireworks or otherwise making a video of them hurting themselves.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    I wan't offended, but didn't like it either. Hope he makes some $$'s, though.
    Now that's something I can relate to.
  7. gnvgator

gnvgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,193
    [​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. ursidman

ursidman Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,200
    The man has a point. Funny as hell too.