White House knew MILLIONS could NOT keep their health insurance

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by TJtheGator, Oct 28, 2013.

1. TJtheGator

TJtheGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +217
    If there was any doubt that the words "If you like your plan, you can keep it" were a lie, this should put that to rest.

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_...ns-could-not-keep-their-health-insurance?lite

"But I like my existing plan!"

"Well tough luck, it doesn't conform to the insurance WE (Dems and Libs) want you to have.

Of course there are those posters here who will want 1080p Hi-Def video proof of both Obama and his staff laughing behind close doors and the insurance companies dropping millions of people in their board-room meetings, but those folks will never be satisfied. I'm sure they wanted video proof and a notarized written confession of Casey Anthony killing her kid.
  2. TJtheGator

Ratings Received:
    +217
    From the article:

Single biggest power grab by the federal government in American history. With one piece of legislation they now control everybody's health care and 20% of the economy.
  3. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,839
    Not sure why anyone would be surprised by this from this regime
  4. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +985
    We told you. Apathetic Americans who have been disengaged until now are beginning to realize, they've been Zookered. And not fair to Ron Zook who is basically an honest man who is very enthusiastic and was in over his head.

Obama is a liar, who benefited from Affirmative Action, is lazy, disengaged and aloof, is not responsible for a damn thing and has had thugs cover his messes and the media carrying his water and wiping his ass.
  5. TJtheGator

Ratings Received:
    +217
    It amazes me the more this thing unravels and the more we realize how big of a power grab this was by the federal government.

This single piece of legislation is pretty much going to touch the lives of every American in one form or another. Amazing how hell bent Obozo is on this and how well he managed to craft his master plan and "final solution" into this piece of legislation.

Take this quote for example:

If Obama can't redistribute wealth by taxing people more (as that would be very unpopular), he will find away to cut down on your disposable income.

Raise health insurance premiums, which leads to a huge chunk either being taken out of paychecks or monthly budgets, which leads people to reconsider their health insurance, which leads people to shop for a new policy, which leads to sticker shock when you realize how expensive it will be to get equal coverage, which leads to singing up for Medicare, Medicaid, or a cheap government plan. In the end someone with a decent standard of living is now dependent on the government because the government took away their existing healthcare and their disposable income. People who depend on the government are more likely to vote for that government.

In conclusion, Obozo has taken the middle class and made them government-dependent citizens.
  6. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +501
    Busted. They knew about this for three years.

The half intelligent among us knew it at the very very start of this debate.

We must repeal this abomination similar to prohibition. This legislation is doomed.
  7. g8trjax

g8trjax Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +289
    Nobody's more upset than he is over all this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoV0NeHNklk
  8. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +7,839
    the pied piper of liberalism
  9. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +433
    I don't think the Left cares one bit. Consider that the vast majority collecting Medicaid/food stamps are liberal, they aren't affected by ACA anyway. Of the music industry/Hollyweird/entertainers, they aren't affected either since many of them have their own doctors and medical staff or go out of the country.
  10. wygator

wygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +662
  11. gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,276
    I used to have my own individual plan for the last 5 years because it was cheaper, more often than not covered more, and had great doctors. In most every way, it was better than the employer-offered plans at my last two jobs (not the current one--I switched over in February when I moved to a different firm).

Did a bit of digging, that wouldn't have sufficed under the Obamatax/ACA (apparently, the law isn't really friendly to 20 somethings in good health, don't smoke, and without any pre-existing conditions...we pay too little in insurance premiums to support the 30+ million who didn't have insurance beforehand and need subsidies from those who made the choice to purchase health insurance ourselves).
  12. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +555
    What's worse are the millions of ultra dumbchits who believed him. Not the hardcore libbies such as those in here who keep defending the lies and corruption, but the totally uninformed who watch LMSM on rare occasion and form their opinions on that. They are the ones who were duped--the libs who have the heads buried up Hussein's ass were all for it in the first place.
  13. TJtheGator

Ratings Received:
    +217
    Brilliant move on Obozo's part. Take those young, healthy individuals fresh out of college (some with a lot of debt if they're coming out of graduate school), make them pay a lot for insurance, and put them in even more debt. They will be in debt and government dependent until retirement age. They will spend their entire productive lives depending heavily on the government. As seniors they will vote Dem/Liberal instead of Republican.

I tell you, absolutely brilliant move by him. Not so good for America though.
  14. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +614
    Nobody ever said that Obama had business smarts.
  15. g8trjax

g8trjax Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +289
    You can bet they have already formulated a 'obama didn't really mean EVERYONE could keep their insurance, you stupid non nuanced creatins' media blitz.
  16. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,051
    The real redistribution of wealth I see in all of this is money being redistributed to insurance companies and health care providers.
  17. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +909
    None of the Obamacare plans that I have been able to peruse covers me when I travel abroad, which I do quite often.
  18. gatordpm

gatordpm Member

Ratings Received:
    +6
    In what way is the money being redistributed to health care providers?
  19. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,051
    If everyone is required to have insurance don't you think that will help provide payments to the medical field? Also I see it as allowing more to go for checkups and the like rather than putting it off.
  20. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +484
    So now the redistribution of wealth is defined as actually paying for a service???

Good grief.