White House- "Economy getting better" Most Americans not convinced

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatordowneast, Aug 21, 2013.

1. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Results of most recent Gallup poll.

Apparently we have many Amerikans who need to be "reeducated" by the regime. And "Publicists" er cough. cough. I mean journalists, need to do a better job of explaining.

"The economy is supposed to be getting better. According to The White House, it is already tremendously better than during the recession. Many Americans do not agree with that assessment. Almost all these people think about is what the economic future of America, and themselves, will be."

I'm sure they only interview republicans.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/americans-obama-economy-counts-000000863.html
  2. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Interesting that we do not see much talk of these polls at CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, Al Jazeera, NY Times, LA Times, Wa Post..now if Bush were POTUS, who thinks the Poll results would not be on page one or lead story on evening news. Bush could fart and it was a scandal.
  3. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,477
    I'm a little perplexed as to why that article wouldn't link to the Gallup poll they're talking about (or at least reproduce something about it).

Anywho, the actual Gallup poll is here: http://www.gallup.com/poll/164057/economy-easily-important-driver-obama-approval.aspx

I'm also a little perplexed as to why they focused solely on the "relative importance of issues" number in their article. The approval rating itself on handling of the economy is 35%, which would seem to me to be a better number for supporting the argument that article makes than would the relative importance factor...

Anywho, highest individual area approval ratings are highest on race relations (51%), terrorism (50%), and education (49%), with the lowest on federal budget deficit (26%), the economy (35%), and taxes (36%). Overall approval rating is 44%.
  4. FoxGator

FoxGator Sly as a Fox Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +126
    Washington DC's economy is booming!
  5. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +925

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +134
    New Obama campaign slogon after he issues an executive order for unlimited terms (for Dems only)...........A right to part time job for everyone.
  7. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Race relations? Wonder what the # was when he took office...80%? He's done more to damage race relations than any POTUS in my life time.
  8. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
  9. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    By the number of vacations and rounds of golf, Obama's economy is booming.
  10. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,672
    If I were emperor I would give Congress 7 days to show signs of doing some serious work on what it would take to improve our economy. If after 7 days they were still sitting on their butts doing nothing like they usually do I would pick 5 at random and have them executed by firing squad on public tv. Then I would restate what I told them to begin with.

Just joking.......................sort of. The thing is our POTUS, no matter who is in office, is dragged through the mud on here year after year and very little is said about our legislative branch of government relative to it.
  11. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Hall, I agree but the President is the Chief Executive Officer of the US and has to lead or at the very least set the agenda. When there is no agenda, or the agenda is what ours has been in his second term (gun control, gay marriage and amnesty) WTF.

The agenda clearly should be 1. WHAT CAN WE DO TO ENCOURAGE ECONOMIC GROWTH IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR. 2. WHAT CAN WE DO TO GET GOVERNMENT OUT OF THE WAY SO BUSINESSES HAVE THE CONFIDENCE TO INVEST AND TAKE RISKS. 3. WHAT REGULATIONS OR POLICIES ARE STANDING IN THE WAY?

A rising tide floats all boats. It really does. Obama has been taught to think that the way you help one group, is to punish another. And he does it through his daily speeches and lectures. It's gotten old.
  12. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    Let us know when GOP approval rating(especially congressional GOP) becomes as good as Obama's.

We read incessant posts from cons on this board regarding Obama approval rating and job approval rating. Yet they(Con posters) fail in demonstrating that GOP approval ratings aren't far worse than Obama's/Dems.

your constant spin is pathetic and misleading

you remind me of the old USSR spin machine when it came to sports
    ----they(USSR newspapers) would publish articles emphasizing that U.S. came in second to last, and USSR came in second place overall at a track meet.....but failed to mention that it was a two team event
  13. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
  14. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    and the OP still tries to side step the matter of Obama approval rating still much higher than that of GOP.
  15. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    old, Obama is the Chief Executive Officer of the United States of America. It is his job to provide leadership or at least create an environment for others to thrive and grow. Government pensioners are happy. Government employees are satisfied. You can pick out a company here or there that is thriving. But overall we are down 7 M full time employees as a nation from our peak.

When your agenda for term 2 consists of gun control, gay marriage and amnesty, we've got a problem. GOP leadership is weak, but that is not the problem with the country. Country's problems are an ineffective CEO and 42% of adults not working full time.
  16. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    So Gatordowneast....you are sidestepping again.

WHY IS GOP'S APPROVAL RATING SO MUCH LOWER THAN OBAMA'S????
  17. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    IMHO, at the national level because we are running with tired, uncharismatic leadership in both the House and the Senate. Time for new leaders to emerge as Boehner and Cantor are nice, competent caretakers but are charismatically challenged. And Mitch McConnell is our version of Harry Reid...even though McConnell is much brighter, more principled, but he has same issue as Harry...been there too long and charismatically challenged.

BUT, if the Republican Party were dead and our ideas were so off base, why do Pubs control majority of Governorships and legislatures nationally and locally? And when cities and counties go bankrupt, why are the Pubs brought in to clean up the mess? Easy answer....LIBERALISM ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS ENDS IN MISERY. Liberalism never works. Never has. Never will.

And if Obama were white, with his record, would he have won a second term?
  18. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    Gatordowneast...in a post you seemed to imply that to work for govt and be a 'pensioner' in a way that implies you think a person who is on govt pension is a freeloader, etc.

We differ somewhat it appears on the matter of pensions--
    1. I tend to believe we probably both agree that policy makers in govt who legislate themselves a nice fat pension are corrupt, etc
    2. But, how is it that a nurse, working in a govt hospital for many years and does good work and upon retirement receives a pension---is ethically wrong. Especially if that nurse was not legislating how much of a pension nurses would received upon retirement. You seem to imply that all the nurses working in VA's and military who upon retirement get a pension are freeloaders, corrupt, morally deficient because of their receiving a pension.
    3. I tend to believe the only ones who are corrupt when it comes to pensions are those who violate the matter of conflict of interest by legislating, or setting a policy for they themselves to receive a fat pension---these, in my opinion would include those in govt who give themselves fat pensions by legislating it(be it state, fed, or local govt), union heads and execs in unions, and corporate execs.

To imply that anyone who does hard work and receives a pension they themselves did not legislate is somehow corrupt for receiving a pension, calls into question just what sort of attitude you have regarding honest hard working people and the compensation they earn.
  19. gatordowneast

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Whoaaa. You are reading far more into my post than any intent. I have nothing against pensions. My comment was in regard to how people in certain groups feel about the economy overall. I said that most government pensioners and government employees feel like everything is fine. And we can cherry pick a company here or there that is doing very well and their employees probably can't see why others are complaining (doubt the Google or Facebook employees even think about the economy). But overall, for most people, it ain't great. You may disagree with that and that is your prerogative.