Where Was Zeva

Discussion in 'Women of the Swamp' started by notexgator, Sep 2, 2014.

1. notexgator

notexgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +89
    At the active ankle tournament this weekend Santos-Lamb played but not or best hitter and All American. Was Zeva sick, punished (she played some when Noami made to many errors) or what. does anyone know?
  2. swampgas4412282

swampgas4412282 Member

Ratings Received:
    +73
    This is just my opinion but I follow the team very closely. We have more talent at outside hitter this year than ever before. Freshman Carli Snyder was the number 3 overall recruit (nationally) and jumps out of the gym. She and Rhamat(middle blocker) will both be super stars for the Gators. Noami is finally healthy and deserves the playing time because of her talent and ability. Zeva is steady and also plays the back row but doesn't jump or hit with the power of Carli or Noami. The girls that will most be hurting for playing time are Denise Belcher and Gabby Mallette. Our depth is unbelievable this year.
  3. bigtifosi

bigtifosi Member

Ratings Received:
    +52
    They were posting vertical jumps on the scoreboards during Fridays match and Rhamat's was given as 31 inches. That is over 2 and a half feet for those like me who are mathematically dysfunctional. Add that to her 6 foot frame and, well you get the idea. And she is really just learning to play high level volleyball as her past has been playing basketball. She is going to be a monster when she really learns the game.

Zeva played well against Idaho but as said above, it is a question of depth. New freshmen players are damn good and will be pushing the veterans for PT.
  4. notexgator

notexgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +89
    Thank you for the answers but Santos-Lamb made at least 3 mistakes for every kill. Not a good percentage. As respects Carli, you are right! When I saw her for the first time on Friday night, my reaction was WOW she can play!
  5. swampgas4412282

swampgas4412282 Member

Ratings Received:
    +73
    Looking at stats to date 9/3/14. Rhamat hitting 0.600, Antwi 0.418, Holston 0.289, Snyder 0.244, Santos-Lamb 0.190, Recek 0.136 Small sample size, but our middle is strong, and our freshman and sophomores are impressive.
  6. Bear1974

Bear1974 VIP Member VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +409
    I watched the match before the football game.

My general description of the match was a ton of errors against a team that should not have gone 5 sets.

Way too many errors and gave too many opportunities to OU that basically kept them in the games on a consistent basis except for the 3 set.

Maybe it is just me, but when I was a student watching some of these games in the mid 90s I just don't remember the number of points lost to not getting the serve in the court. You score 3-4 points in a row and then you kill your momentum by doing a really bad serve in the net or completely out of bounds.

I don't know how many points was lost because of bad serving but it was a lot to watch for both teams.

I don't doubt they have talent but they have a lot of work to do in the coming weeks to improve what I saw this past weekend because they had a ton of service and killing errors.
  7. swampgas4412282

swampgas4412282 Member

Ratings Received:
    +73
    Service errors have been a recurrent problem for the Gators the last few years. I would serve less aggressively to get a higher percentage in, but Mary Wise really believes in getting the other team out of system by this type of serving. She knows what she's doing, but I too, get upset with all the service errors.
  8. bigtifosi

bigtifosi Member

Ratings Received:
    +52
    Yea, it's nice to be able to serve it up at 100 mph but it does not do a whole lot of good if you can't keep the ball in the court or out of the net.