Where do you stand vis a vis the current staff

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by HungaryGator, Sep 9, 2013.

?

What grade do you give?

1. A

23 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. B

81 vote(s)
    42.2%
  3. C

53 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. D

28 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. E

7 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. HungaryGator

HungaryGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +77
    as of right now?
  2. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,515
    Happy and optimistic.
  3. regator

regator Member

Ratings Received:
    +171
    I think it is too early to tell.
    I like Muschamp but am not crazy about losing two of the last three games to teams in my opinion we should have beat.
    Also don't like him wanting to be AL. AL is outrecruiting us and has Saban coaching them.
  4. Tipmoose

Tipmoose New Member

Ratings Received:
    +59
    Currently, I prefer this regime to the last one...but that's not saying much.

If we need a last second punt block against Ga Southern, or if we lose to any teams who are ranked under us, I will have serious reservations about the regime's viability.
  5. Gatorstooth

Gatorstooth New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    From the beginning I never thought this regime was the right hire, so I've never been confident about it. I prefer a regime with an offensive mindset.
  6. HungaryGator

HungaryGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +77
    Where do you stand vis a vis the current regime

as of right now?

A- I have full confidence. The man has a plan, he's just not done putting it together yet. Championships await. Suffocating defense + competent offense = Wins....our personnel just haven't quite mastered it yet.

B- I still think he's the man for the job, but he'll need to make some major changes, either in his coaching staff or his game philosophy. I'm pretty sure he's up to it, still just a third-year head coach, but a bright one who learns from his mistakes. So let him make some, people. If we don't win pretty big next year, i may feel differently.

C- I'm on the fence. Seeing repeated negative trends is disturbing, leaving me wondering if our 11-win season was mostly good fortune. We really need to see sharp improvement soon, and though i'm hopeful he can get it done, i don't know ifl we'll see it. Jeremy, keep one line cleared at all times.

D- I used to be quietly skeptical, but now i think it's clear he's not the right guy for the job. Only a 10-win season, including beating UGA and FSU, could possibly save this man's job.

E- Dead coach walking. UF is not the place for OJT. What should be done eventually must be done immediately (ie. end of season).
  7. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information I'm your huckleberry Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +968
    Still optimistic but questioning everything.
  8. HungaryGator

HungaryGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +77
    Ignore this please. The poll was supposed to post with this. See other thread.
  9. tilly

tilly Well-Known Member

Wilmington, NC (Jax Native...raised on the Gulf)
    Ratings Received:
    +2,257
    I love Will. He will win big here.

He will, however, have to get a star QB to do it.

Sent from my All knowing Android Device
  10. tilly

tilly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,257
    I love Will. He will win big here.

He will, however, have to get a star QB to do it.

...oh and:
    In before @socraticsilence votes multiple times for "e" :laugh:

Sent from my All knowing Android Device
  11. Gatorstooth

Gatorstooth New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
  12. tilly

tilly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,257
    Voted B by the way.
  13. Tipmoose

Tipmoose New Member

Ratings Received:
    +59
    Currently, I prefer this regime to the last one...but that's not saying much.

If we need a last second punt block against Ga Southern, or if we lose to any teams who are ranked under us, I will have serious reservations about the regime's viability.

I voted C.
  14. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +511
  15. jaxgator1991

jaxgator1991 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +510
    i love muschamp, i think he is a hell of a coach and even though most don't like his style of play, it wins games. i would love to see another coach attempt to have the season we had with that inept offense last year. i think once we get a solid qb(muschamp is a great recruiter and i know he will keep them coming, starting with grier who looks awesome) we will see the offense start to take strides but drikel's inability to make the right football decision is holding back this staff from letting the reigns loose in this kid. they tried to let him loose vs miami and uga and it was a turnover explosion due to his very below average pocket presence and awful decision making once his number 1 option isn't there. go gators
  16. grumpy_gator

grumpy_gator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +74
    In Boom I trust! Grade B.
  17. uflawyer

uflawyer Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +131
    Here is what I think. I am 49 years old and my oldest son is just starting college. Those who know me would tell you you would be hard-pressed to find a bigger gator fan. Every year I travel from Chicago back down to Hogtown in order to attend at least one if not two games. I have a giant ceramic tiled Gator in my inground pool. I clearly bleed orange and blue.

I used to post on these boards all the time. In the last few years I post very little. As little as five years ago I used to get a fever when watching a close gator game. My wife used to make fun of me. What has changed, and what is my point you ask? Perspective!

I have learned at the end of the day that there are usually about 20 to 30 teams that have a chance of getting a national championship. There are over 100 teams in Division I football. I've learned that the gators chances of getting a national championship are not that great every year. There are too many other teams out there with similar talent. I've learned that even second place sucks.

Speaking of talent, I've learned that there's not much difference between the top 20 positions for any recruit, and I've learned that the recruiting services aren't always right. This is why Alabama's seniors did not did not all get drafted, and why the receiver from Ball State is currently starting in NFL. Now to my point about coaching.

I've learned that the head ball coach is not the make or break part of the team that many people believe. Coach Champ did not turn the ball over five times this weekend, nor did he commit any penalties on the field. And don't give me crap about "that's coaching". I don't believe anybody was coached to throw a turnover or hold. It's just dumb mistakes. I also think that the assistant coaches cumulatively are more important than the head coach.

With that said, my answer to the OP question is I don't care. I think every player on our team is extremely talented. But at the end of the day, I no longer lose any sleep as to whether the gators win or lose on Saturday. I don't try to put blame on any coaches or any player. It is just a game. The world continues to revolve on its axis, and the sun will shine tomorrow.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Crocodilian

Crocodilian Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    C - I'm on the fence
  19. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    I remain deeply, deeply, skeptical we can ever field an above average offense under this regime, however the defense will always be elite and if everything breaks right once every five years or so we can have a run like last years-- I essentially think we have a younger Les Miles, and I'm willing to give him the next two seasons (through 2014) to win at the very least the SEC East unless the bottom falls out this year (5 losses). If however we fail to make it to Atlanta, then December of 2014 is a good time to look for a new coach.
  20. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,818
    I voted a B. I thought they did an A job last year.

No doubt we should have beaten that Miami team. Coaches can't play for these guys, but there were way too many execution errors to give the coaches a complete pass. And the 4th down sneak into the teeth of the defense took points off the board, just as our RZ TOs did. Of course, JD could have called time out or called into another play too.

I believe in Muschamp, though. If we have the right QB, we're a legit national championship contender right now. Hopefully JD can take a step forward and become that guy. .