Whats up everyone!

Discussion in 'Gator Country Health and Fitness' started by ATL_Gator, Jan 9, 2013.

1. ATL_Gator

ATL_Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,399
    Whats up everyone. It has been a while since I have been here. Hope everyone is doing well. I check this place mostly at work when I have some down time, or just not motivated, and my browser/network started freaking out with this forum for a while, so I got out of the habit of checking.

2012 was an interesting year for me and my wife.

My wife decided to lose some weight in January of 2012. Not a resolution thing, but a low point as she had to find something to wear for a wedding we were going to. She shed over 60 lb. This was mostly be changing calorie habits.

To help her, I also behaved over that time. I lost as much as 27 lb at one point, getting down to about 183. I have been hovering between 185 and 192 (due to December.. woah, that was rough). Haven't been over 200 lb in almost 5 months.

November and December I lost motivation to go to the gym. Eating was OK, but activity took a dip. A couple of work trips, a couple of weeks off, and tired of doing what I was doing took its toll.

Looking forward to 2013.

Just wanted to say Hi.

Off to read the drama around here. And maybe do some work.
  2. LeafUF

LeafUF Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +355
    Welcome back and good luck keeping up the progress you have made. You looking for a new routine to get you back in the gym?
  3. ATL_Gator

ATL_Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,399
    Thanks.

Yeah. I think I mentally burned out on the "basic lifts". Over the past 6 months I have tried to start various ways/methods, but nothing that sticks. I just get bored after a couple of weeks.

I need something to concentrate on I think. Some task or event that I need to get ready for or something.

For some reason, one of the things that I have been able to concentrate on more as of late is chin-ups/pull ups. I still suck at them, but getting better.
  4. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +844
    Hey, Dude! Congrats on holding the line. And don't sweat the burning out part, just divide and conquer. Consider non-negotiables and negotiables:

Non-negotiables: just a little bit of strength training, however basic, however accomplished and also as much walking as you can get in.

Negotiables: whatever strikes your fancy and only when it strikes your fancy.