What would this year's outlook be if....

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by VandyGator13, Sep 16, 2013.

1. VandyGator13

VandyGator13 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +69
    ...Notre Dame lost one of the many games they should have and UF made the MNC game against Bama last year? For arguments sake, lets say bama did beat us in that game. Would the players that went to the NFL decide to come back and make one more run at a championship? Would we still start the season ranked in the top 10 and voted most likely to finish the season unranked (with the most difficult SOS)?
  2. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,713
    I don't think it would have changed much except our initial ranking. Fumbling the game away against Miami would have hurt a bit more had we been ranked #3 or #4.
  3. Gatorstooth

Gatorstooth New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    Top players are usually pretty anxious to get into the League so they can start making money, and winning the National Championship isn't that high up on their list except for a few. Thats why so many of the players major in sociology, so they can "get a degree in three." I think it's more important to us as fans than to the players. I'm not saying they don't care about winning, but their priorities are different if they plan on going to the League.
  4. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    I don't think any of them would have stayed. Gone are the days of staying to win a championship in football or hoops.