What the hell with these people "The Knockout Game"

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorman_07732, Nov 19, 2013.

1. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,293
  2. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,745
  3. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,701
    That's a mild word based on what I was thinking Bill.
  4. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,532
  5. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,293
    Well you now as well as I that if that happens in the NY/NJ area that person will go to jail. Just an FYI, this thread was based on just getting this info out with no politics in mind.
  6. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +952
  7. icequeen

Ratings Received:
    +3,532
    No political leaning intended. Someone always says oh poor kid, etc. ...or he was a good kid, etc.
  8. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    Many "good kids" actually do really stupid, hurtful, criminal things. Some of them turn out to actually be truly rotten, but much more often then not, they grow out of it.
  9. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,152
    True. I did some really terrible things when I was a younger man, some truly regrettable things - but I think I've made it out of the other side and I'm thankful for it.
  10. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    Hear hear! Me too.
  11. TJtheGator

TJtheGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +504
    Take every single person arrested of this and smash a cinder block into their face until they are knocked out. That's right, violate their Constitutional rights and do subject them to very cruel and unusual punishment. Let it be known that this is what happens to those who are caught commiting this crime.

Then lets see how many dare to try it. Bet you will count them with only the fingers on one hand.
  12. lacuna

lacuna Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +722
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liatWFj5COk

"What else to say..." Since this is "Too Hot" politics be damned, let's raise the temperature a bit.

The perpetrators of these attacks are Black teenagers. They are attacking Whites, Jews, Asians and Hispanics. There have been at least two deaths attributed to these thugs. A white man in Syracuse was attacked last summer. When he was down he was kicked in the head and the brutal assault knocked his eyeball out of its socket. He died the next day. In September in Hoboken an Hispanic man, - possibly mixed race but very light skinned - was attacked and died with his head wedged in an iron fence.

A Black man writing to a newspaper in Syracuse reported: "A group of thugs did this to my little brother at a bus stop after school. He was told he was hit because "he was light skinned and looked too kind" . . .

Women are also being attacked There is a video of one such occurrence showing a woman walking down the street being viciously blind sided with a hit to the head that sent her to the sidewalk. There is a report of a 16 year old White girl being attacked by a Black man in London, U.K. and another female riding a bicycle knocked to the pavement in Washington D.C.

Other than to state I am very disturbed by these events I won't interject my personal biases into the thread. I think this post is revealing enough.

My reason for tackling this subject has more to do with what I am seeing as an ugly escalating trend in racially motivated violence of Blacks against Whites and other ethnicities as well as flash mob thievery. I think it's getting worse. Much worse. I'll not list all the attacks of Blacks on people who are not Black, but there have been a significant number this past year.

I'm a pretty even tempered individual but what I've been reading has disturbed, even angered me, and if I can become angered over these incidents what will happen when the White hot heads have had enough? Will we see vigilantes ala Paul Kersey? What will make this stop?!
  13. fastsix

fastsix Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,096
    Already happened. At least the being shot part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzptOuQ0M9U
  14. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    I am not so sure it is necessarily motivated by race (though the dynamics of which make it a "racial incident"), but rather the genesis seems to me to spring from a mix of cultural trends in tech with smart phone/viral vids and youtube, and more basic, the norm of teens operating in groups (i.e. they co-offend). Whether it's boredom, posturing, group-based reinforcement of negative behaviors/peer pressure, feelings of empowerment/dominance etc..., as well as extant cultural factors, serious violence by age is highest amongst teens, peaking between 16-18 compared to any other age group. ATST, since 1993, serious violence has dropped the most among teens than any other age group.

And while cultural explanations of criminal behavior can get quite thorny, I think there's something to the argument that shows/movies such as Jackass has had an influence on the development of this terrible game. These types of stunts are rampant on youtube and the are likely second, third, fourth iteration copy cats. I say all of this not to defend the actions of the teens, but b/c even though it seems to be a new twist, I am not so sure it's all that new, but just more apparent given that this type of misbehavior is caught on video much more often.

As for the racial imbalance of these eight or so attacks, simple odds will make it more likely that interracial attacks of this sort will be black on white rather than white on black. We should also keep in mind that random teen violence is not really anything new and there is no evidence really that aside from the handful of high profile cases, that the kind of fear inducing violence is actually on the rise or that it's confined to blacks (or black on white crime). Here's just a few examples of white teens engaging in similarly terrible behavior 1, 2, 3 (there are, as I know you are aware, many, many, many more).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwk6nLep8kY
  15. icequeen

Ratings Received:
    +3,532
    This is true. And they should be made to pay the consequences. Do you know what can happen to someone who is punched like that? Especially if they have any preexisting conditions. You're talking concussion, possible brain damage, fractured skull, or possibly death. A possible lifetime of cognitive problems if they're not killed, and for what? A game? Something they think is funny because they're bored?

I'm glad those of you that did "stupid" things straightened your lives out and all, but I'm pretty sure that your list didn't include going around and beating defenseless people, including women, just for the heck of it and making sure that you hit them hard enough to knock them out. And if you did I'm pretty sure if caught you'd be serving some jail time.

This isn't like TP'ing someone's house, or even stealing mom and dad's car, or heck sneaking some drinks. This is assault & battery pure and simple.
  16. anstro76

anstro76 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +923
    If victims were chosen only because of skin color then hate crime statutes still apply in my eyes.

Sent from my mind using ESP
    • Like Like x 1
  17. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    No I didn't but I was involved in some serious delinquent behavior.

And though this type of violence is not like tp-ing someones house, which is a prank that teens also engage in, it is much more widespread than many even realize--and it's often hidden from authorities.

Fact is, juvenile violence is often random, impulsive, and sometimes particularly vicious and just plain mean..and that's just among teen girls :) . Seriously, this is true even though most teens who engage in violent behavior aren't necessarily (or not perceived to be) bad kids. And to make matters worse, when it's the "good kids" that engage in it, this behavior is still to this day excepted by adult authorities parents/teachers/admin and even the courts as boys being boys. Though if it's a perceived "bad kid" then the treatment is often much harsher.
  18. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +9,745
    O'Reilly talked about this last night on his show and said it is primarily a game-a dangerous game- played by young blacks. While it may indeed be racially motivated, one of the girls shown was a young black girl on her bike. This is why I have a CCP and why I carry when my wife and I go out- I would not hesitate to blow one of these punks away

this senseless type of violence one more piece of evidence of how we have lost our moral compass
  19. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    Serious violence among teens, irrespective of race, has decreased by about 67% since 1993. Wouldn't this be evidence that we are "finding our moral compass" not losing it?
  20. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +9,745
    jdr- in certain segments of our population you may be correct about the decrease in violence, but the local news sure has not noticed it as that is all that fills the newscasts-
    the fact that these youts would even consider this as an OK game to play says otherwise as to a moral compass