What "Major Question Marks" about DeMarcus Robinson?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by HotlantaGator, Jun 18, 2014.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    After the end of the season suspension a lot of things were put into place to make sure he stays on track if he doesn't comply he will be gone so far so good
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +817
    Uh, UF has probably had more than its share of true freshman contribute.

What about Kelvin Taylor, do you think he performed as a true freshman?

How about Dante Fowler two years ago?

Over the last two years, UF has started true freshmen at TB, WR, OL, DE, LB and CB.

Do you expect more true freshmen than that to contribute? If so, if there is something in the water, I would suggest its not in Gainseville, but wherever you live because your expectations are unrealistic.

Its not a sign of strength to have to play that many, its a sign of weakness in the upper classes.

UF has had to depend to an unusual extent on true freshman and JUCOs and transfers b/c some of the classes on campus when Muschamp arrived have been light on talent, esp. at WR and OL.

The rising senior, junior and sophomore classes when Muschamp arrived on campus have not produced a single NFL draftable WR, and only 1 OL, Halapio in round 6.

Its not the true freshmen that are the problem at UF, it has been the upperclasses.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,069
    Beautiful.

Besides, why would we have an inordinate group of ready-to-play FR when our rivals have been recruiting as well or better?

No doubt, and I believe light on coaching as well.

Halapio was a 5th year SR considered to be one of our best OL. I'm no expert but I felt like he was not always playing at a high level. Hope he comes on in the NFL. I think we had two(?) 5th year SRs starting at OL last season on a pretty average OL. Imagine our OL if those two had only spent 4 years at UF.
  4. cistern

cistern Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +498
    What are you flipping out for? Seriously? I wasn't even speaking about UF, but college football in general. Hargreaves was simply the first example that came to mind, Manziel a second, and I could go on. All I said was with players around the country coming out and having great first seasons, I don't think it's "silly" (as in someone might be foolish to think someone capable of having an outstanding freshman season). Lol I don't know what the rest has to do with anything I said, but ok, cool. :rolleyes:

You're almost as bad as the consistently negative people you complain about. Didn't even mention the guy, or our team specifically, and here you are flying off the handle to defend him. lol
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  5. g8rfan22

g8rfan22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,392
    Pio is taking snaps with the 1's right now. It's due to a starter's injury, but bevertheless he is doing well. I keep in touch with him.
  6. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,069
    Good. Some true FR will step up. But I was saying my perception is that we haven't had strong enough classes to expect to play a disproportionate number of true FR and be equal against our opponents that might not be forced by roster issues to do the same.
  7. g8rfan22

g8rfan22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,392
    I agree. I think the balancing of recruiting offense and defense is in the works. In time, which I know needs to be sooner than later, this will help fix our depth issues on the OL.
  8. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,108
    I want to see the next jabar gaffney.