what is your argument to convince a Dem to vote GOP

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oldgator, Jun 30, 2013.

1. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,536
    Thank you, & that's an excellent additional question. I think quite a number of problems could be avoided if people would look at facts before voting and setting aside the party affiliation. There are those out there who will literally just vote for someone because they know nothing about them other than the candidate is from their particular party.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +880
    Ice, with regards to Catholicism vs. Reformed Faith and your husband there are two issues:
    Spine and rib. You both agree on the spine issues (the important ones), the rib are up for polite discussion.

FWIW, you'll see a lot more ex-Catholics in the Reformed faith than vice versa.
  3. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,536
    Fair point. I guess my correlation to that would've been that Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, etc - All Americans, correct? Would not like it if someone attacked the country, I.E., Pearl Harbor or 9/11? Okay. Common ground. Belief in the Constitution, Bill of Rights, etc? Yep. Okay.

The rest? Just how you view the politics around you and assimilate them into your life to shape your sense of self as a citizen and as an American. All sides have a belief with the common ground being America. The rest is up for discussion - not polite one usually, especially around election time :)