what is the lib(liberals as well as libertarians) opinion of Christie?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oldgator, Jul 26, 2013.

1. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    and his comments regarding Libertarian stance on national security issues?
  2. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,404
    personally, I think Christie is much more of a pragmatist then the current shift to the right by the Republican Party

as for this comments regarding Rand Paul, I can see how an elected official from the North East could have much different opinions about national security, then one from the state of Kentucky, who's only threat is its own people..
  3. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,397
    National security naivete is pretty much the co-equal reason that the Libertarian Party has never become a bigger political force, and that is with either the middle left, middle right, and far right alike. The far left, out there in Code Pink cuckoo space, might gobble it up, but who cares?

I doubt it helps him or hurts him overall. I still think he is the best threat to Hillary Clinton for the Democrat nomination, though. 20-30 years ago, Christie would have been the Democrat archetype.
  4. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,404
    how so?
  5. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    " then one from the state of Kentucky, who's only threat is its own people.."

ouch....

though folk in Ky probably say the same thing about big city folk
  6. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +646
    Christie is all talk ... like most of the fat white liberal lawyers that dominate the political scene these days. The DNC is so far left they can see Russia.
  7. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,095
    I'm neither, but I think Christie would rather be a dem than a pub.but is in too deep as a pub to change. I was at one time a big fan of his, but the more he talks, the more I lower my opinion of him.
  8. Tasselhoff

Tasselhoff Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +312
    I personally hate all politicians and think they are all liars and have no moral compass or grounding. ALL OF THEM. I vote the way I do based on a few key points.

That said
    Cristie is a wind bag. he likes the spotlight. Lieks to feel important. the louder the better. I wish he (and all his brethern) would shut up, quit bickering like pre-kers and get something done for the good of the country not for themselves once in a while.
  9. MaceoP

MaceoP Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +345
    I'm more of a libertarian, having supported Ron Paul through many cycles. I agree most politicians are self serving phonies. I think Christie is better for NJ than the previous administration. I also believe we would be MUCH better off if Christie was the president than BO. That being said, I also think Christie is a windbag.

I disagree with Ron/Rand Paul on the issue of privacy. I believe the WMD was/is a game changer. The threat of radical-islamist's and other extreme factions plotting to use nuclear, chemical, anthrax, etc against us makes it imperative we do everything we can to shut these people down. I myself would rather have the government listening than turning off the surveillance.
  10. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    big fat Obama a$$ kissing pig.
  11. demosthenes

demosthenes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +981
    It's funny seeing Republicans jump ship from Christie. They lauded his frankness when they first heard of him and then when they discover he isn't a total right-winger they deem him a windbag.

Personally, being in the middle, I like the guy and hope he's the next President (as of today, things could obviously change my opinion) as I'm tired of seeing Dems and Pubs offering up the same old unpalatable candidates.
  12. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    I am a total right winger. A moderate is someone who compromises their principles until the left wing gets their way. Then there will be no comprises allowed. Time will tell because it's heading our way.
  13. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    Just talked to a business owner from NJ yesterday who is a staunch Pub in a sea of lefty libbie wackos. His take on Christie (and he voted for him and likes him personally) is that he was elected due to the fraud, graft, waste, abuse and corruption perpetuated by demos forever. I asked if that had been stopped under Christie and he said...maybe slowed down but corruption, graft, waste and fraud are as ingrained in NJ as in Chicago. He called it a collection of thieves.

I asked him if he could see Christie on a National Stage and he said no. He plays well in NJ but doubts it translates nationally.
  14. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +2,397
    The frankness was always the thing to like about him. That he wasn't spineless about trying to make the press like him. Doesn't mean he was ever much of anyone's idea of a conservative. Before the leftward devolution of the political class in general, he would have been a Democrat, and I still think he could get in their and win that nomination.
  15. bludigal

bludigal New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    If you are so scared of radical-islamists why not just use WMD's to wipe them out first? Then we don't have to violate our constitutional rights and you can feel safe?
  16. MaceoP

MaceoP Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +345
    They are already in our country.. I don't think it would be wise to use WMD's. There may be some collateral damage.
  17. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,404
    A moderate is someone who understands that we live in a society that isn't united in their beliefs and therefore need to rule based on compromise

This is the reason no far right or left winger will get elected
  18. dangolegators

dangolegators Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +681
    A few years ago many conservatives on this board were in absolute love with the guy. But that was before he showed that he's not in lockstep with the ultra-right-wing-Obama-hating base of the republican party. Step out of line in any way, and they move on to the next great ultraconservative hope. Just ask Rubio too. He's never going to recover from his support of immigration reform. But just a year ago, he was the darling of the republican party.
  19. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +2,397
    We loved his sass and thought he was a role model for unapologetic dissent. Who ever really loved his individual politics?

Christie is in the mold of a Lieberman, or a Susan Collins -- basically people who used to could have been considered mainstream Democrats but now are all but right wing pigs to the moonbats that have drugged that party and dragged it to the Little Red Book hotel.
  20. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +714
    You all loved his "sass and unapologetic dissent" when it was directed at Democrats. When he thought that some of the right-wing was acting stupidly and directed even a minor amount of it at the right, suddenly, he became a Democrat.

This has absolutely nothing to do with his take on individual positions, as evidenced by the fact that on this entire thread, nobody has brought up a single one of his positions on any issue in a negative manner.

This is about the fact that the most important thing for many on the right is "sass and unapologetic dissent," just so long as it is never ever directed at them. If it ever is, even once, that guy becomes a "Democrat" and is deserving of being the recipient of future "sass and unapologetic dissent" from the next right wing ideologue.